Sponsored by:

New 992 C2S owner Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2020 | 04:42 PM
pawlie
Intermediate

Originally Posted by politeperson
More interestingly,
Whos owns the Renault Avantime you parked next to? Was it just random? They are pretty crazy.

Thank you, I can't believe no one asked about this earlier!
Old 04-21-2020 | 09:46 AM
Sure
Intermediate

That was a fun video!

I don't know the owner - just happened to park next to him/her - but I do remember looking at that car and thinking 'it looks a bit weird' - now I know why
Old 04-21-2020 | 10:12 AM
Sure
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CliffJumper RS
Nice write up! I'm curious in your driving impressions vs. the 991.1 turbo S, specifically:
  1. Do you miss the additional power of the turbo S, or don't notice it?
  2. Do you notice a difference in turbo lag between the two? I'm particularly focused on lag when you make small adjustments in mid-throttle driving.
  3. Does one feel more "Raw" or "exciting" than the other when driving enthusiastically?
Thanks!
Not a lot a can share yet because I'm still keeping the car under 4000RPM - but some thoughts regardless:
1. Not missing it (yet). From the test drives I remember that the 992S is plenty fast off the line - not the same as the Turbo S but close
2. Yes - the 'kick in the back' is not there. The 992S is more linear from the line. Can't say much about mid-throttle yet but I would expect that the Turbo S would easily win that. I did some German autobahn runs in the 991 and the Turbo is crazy fast accelerating from 100MPH - 150MPH. I don't think a Carrera can match that.
3. The Turbo S is a very civilized car - until you step on it - then it is brutal in both sound & acceleration. I find the 992S more sophisticated and very enjoyable at lower speeds (with PSE). And I have not gone full throttle thru a tunnel yet - so more fun waiting.

Bottom line - still very different cars; and the 992 is (yet again) an improved platform over 991. If you want brutal then there is no better than a 911 Turbo IMHO (ignoring other brands). I'm sure the gap between a 992 C2S and a 992 Turbo S will be similar to the 991 generation - which I think is big.

The following users liked this post:
casaforte9 (07-03-2020)

Quick Reply: New 992 C2S owner Impressions