992 owners... did you get 2S or 4S?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2020, 12:22 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,028 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by AKSteve
How can you possibly make this claim??

Wider market by a long shot, in the northeast, this has held true for as long as I've been buying 911s that haven't entered the "collectors spectrum". Im sure a part of it has been the wide body, but for DD duty in most areas of the country that don't have perfect weather all the time...4wd models hold better. There's a reason hotshot sedans are now almost all 4wd, and its almost never for added fun, it's just our market. Remember, most of the folks driving these aren't major enthusiasts, and most see it as an "upgrade" in usability, not track performance downgrade...oh, and they make more RWD cars than 4wd carreras. But its ok, #becauseinternet .
The following users liked this post:
detansinn (02-11-2020)
Old 02-11-2020, 01:31 PM
slc4s
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,283 Likes on 649 Posts

Originally Posted by sechsgang
Wider market by a long shot, in the northeast, this has held true for as long as I've been buying 911s that haven't entered the "collectors spectrum". Im sure a part of it has been the wide body, but for DD duty in most areas of the country that don't have perfect weather all the time...4wd models hold better. There's a reason hotshot sedans are now almost all 4wd, and its almost never for added fun, it's just our market. Remember, most of the folks driving these aren't major enthusiasts, and most see it as an "upgrade" in usability, not track performance downgrade...oh, and they make more RWD cars than 4wd carreras. But its ok, #becauseinternet .
i think super sedans going AWD has more to do with the fact that power levels increasing became worthless due to traction issues and big HP sells
Old 02-11-2020, 04:35 PM
Clark.SoCal
8th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2S

I booked the PELA 2 vs 4 experience to decide 2s or 4s. the 1.5h session cost 750$ which is worth it to a porsche newbie like me. after that session

I'm 100% i need the 2S! here are some reasons:

1. the extra 200lbs weigh on the front axle of 4s is noticeable! handling is different and even the brake feeling is different. 2s brings definitely better braking confidence. and 2s does turn better!

2. the wet mode works amazing! for any rain and even for light snow circumstance, 2s with wet mode can handle.

3. the 4s does feels faster especially when doing the launch control, but it also feels like an audi. back to the old days when i was living in china, i owned an audi s5 for 5 yrs and had it tuned. it was so fast and handles great after the coilover suspention installed. the 4s actually gave me the audi feeling back except the weigh distribution.

4.2S having more drifting fun on the wet surface of PELA while 4s is more computer involved and you can feel the torgue goes to the front wheel when u began to lose a bit traction of the rear wheels. which is not fun at all. still feels like an audi performance car.

here is my options. save the 7k and option the rws and pdcc! will get my 2s in end of June.

The following 2 users liked this post by Clark.SoCal:
jjl (04-06-2024), macanspnw (02-11-2020)

Quick Reply: 992 owners... did you get 2S or 4S?