Sponsored by:

New 992 Price

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2020, 04:44 PM
GratedWasabi
Racer

Received 312 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by Clark.SoCal
thats very useful way! can i ask which dealer officed you the 7%? my ultimate goal is 9% though i know it is kinda difficult. i can accept 7%
It's not going to happen. If a dealership gives you 7%, you're going to find extra charges come purchase time.

5% is the max you're going to get on a 992 right now, unless you're a "high roller" at the dealership. Somewhere might verbally offer you 7% but no dealership is actually going to give up 7% to some random person out of state without recouping it through mysterious dealer fees.
The following users liked this post:
992Sam (02-08-2020)
Old 02-06-2020, 04:54 PM
russbert
Burning Brakes

Received 733 Likes on 346 Posts

I was able to get 5% from three different dealerships (one in Atlanta, one in Knoxville and one in Cincinnati) so it is easily doable. Regardless of the angst the salespeople seem to have. LOL
Old 02-06-2020, 06:09 PM
Clark.SoCal
8th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GratedWasabi
It's not going to happen. If a dealership gives you 7%, you're going to find extra charges come purchase time.

5% is the max you're going to get on a 992 right now, unless you're a "high roller" at the dealership. Somewhere might verbally offer you 7% but no dealership is actually going to give up 7% to some random person out of state without recouping it through mysterious dealer fees.
I'm offered 4.5% now by a dealer in southern California. the salesman is a Chinese same like me. so he directly offered me 4.5% off via wechat. i haven't even visit that dealership yet.

i won't do trade in and i will either pay full or bring my own car loan from BofA. i wish things could go smoth.
Old 02-06-2020, 06:23 PM
AKSteve
Three Wheelin'

Received 821 Likes on 458 Posts

Originally Posted by njcycleguy
These threads about discounts like this are often misleading because
people lie.
Old 02-06-2020, 07:38 PM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Received 773 Likes on 394 Posts

This thread is funny. Your dealer needs to make money. Porsche stores are not high volume stores (for the most part) and the real estate and building required aren't cheap. Labor isn't cheap. Having those nice mechanic shops are definitely not cheap. 5% discount is very fair. I'm still trying to figure out why humanity thinks they should get a discount of the listed price. Sense of pride? Want to win? Why don't you guys ask for $.20-.50 off on your happy meal at McDonalds?
Babyray (10-19-2020)
Old 02-06-2020, 07:53 PM
AKSteve
Three Wheelin'

^ People expect to be able to negotiate a discount because (other than Saturn), that's always been the nature of the car buying game. And your average Porsche owner has most likely purchased many, many cars in the past and been able to negotiate a discount on almost every single purchase. Btw, the second word in MSRP is "Suggested."
The following 2 users liked this post by AKSteve:
Clark.SoCal (02-06-2020), yooj (06-08-2020)
Old 02-06-2020, 08:07 PM
Michael Smith
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 63 Posts

This...
Old 02-06-2020, 10:25 PM
COLT601
Instructor

Received 277 Likes on 49 Posts

There are no other mysterious dealer fees on my contract. Sorry but you are wrong.

No trade and I am paying cash.
Clark.SoCal (02-07-2020)
Old 02-06-2020, 10:40 PM
Michael Smith
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by COLT601
There are no other mysterious dealer fees on my contract. Sorry but you are wrong.

No trade and I am paying cash.
Take the deal and drive it like you stole it!!
Old 02-06-2020, 10:47 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,493 Likes on 2,822 Posts

I think you some of you guys are under-estimating how variable the market is out there.

I bought a GT4, for instance, with no wait list and zero markup - back when that car was being sold with massive ADMs. It's not because I was some master negotiator. It's the market. If you call around and are serious about it and prepared to lay down a deposit, dealers will play ball.

Yes, the dealers like maximizing their profits -- but they also like moving units. The more units they move, the better position they are in to get the good stuff -- ie GT cars, etc. It's to their advantage to generate volume.
detansinn (02-06-2020)
Old 02-07-2020, 03:03 PM
911boy
Three Wheelin'

Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Lucky to get 2-3% up here.
The following 3 users liked this post by 911boy:
BabyBlack (06-08-2020), gcurnew (02-07-2020), Ozy190 (07-20-2020)
Old 02-07-2020, 04:16 PM
Trixter
AutoX

Received 19 Likes on 5 Posts

I got 12% off my 992 Carrera in Germany
Old 02-08-2020, 12:15 AM
fuddman
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by rk-d
. If you ... are serious about it and prepared to lay down a deposit, dealers will play ball. .
This so true.

Don't even make the call until you are ready to close the deal over the phone if you get the discount you want. Otherwise you are a "tire kicker" and dealers sniff out "tire kickers" very quickly.

So when the preliminary phone interviewer says "when are you looking to buy the car?" the response should be "today." The next question will be "how are you planning to finance the car?" The answer should be "cash, loan or lease whichever benefits me most" (Never say "trade" even if that's what you plan on doing.) That will get you past the preliminary screener. Bring up a trade only after you've established the price of the new car under whatever buying method you've selected. That ensures you get a fair price for your trade, which is the auction value of your car.
Old 02-08-2020, 12:37 AM
Clark.SoCal
8th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fuddman
This so true.

Don't even make the call until you are ready to close the deal over the phone if you get the discount you want. Otherwise you are a "tire kicker" and dealers sniff out "tire kickers" very quickly.

So when the preliminary phone interviewer says "when are you looking to buy the car?" the response should be "today." The next question will be "how are you planning to finance the car?" The answer should be "cash, loan or lease whichever benefits me most" (Never say "trade" even if that's what you plan on doing.) That will get you past the preliminary screener. Bring up a trade only after you've established the price of the new car under whatever buying method you've selected. That ensures you get a fair price for your trade, which is the auction value of your car.
so true! i got 6.5% off today and placed my order. dealer is local 40mi away from my home. i know i can get 7% from vegas dealer or somewhere else but local dealer does worth the extra 0.5%

I'm happy with the deal overall. I know i was able to squeeze the dealer harder and got 7% but instead, we were all happy with the 6.5%.
AKSteve (02-08-2020)
Old 02-08-2020, 01:00 AM
AKSteve
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Clark.SoCal
so true! i got 6.5% off today and placed my order. dealer is local 40mi away from my home. i know i can get 7% from vegas dealer or somewhere else but local dealer does worth the extra 0.5%

I'm happy with the deal overall. I know i was able to squeeze the dealer harder and got 7% but instead, we were all happy with the 6.5%.
In southern California? Do you mind telling us which dealership?

Quick Reply: New 992 Price