Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PPF Installer Nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2020, 05:31 PM
dwaldi
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Already contacted STEK -- they've been very supportive and are doing their own internal review of how to handle.
Old 02-05-2020, 07:18 PM
crimewave
Rennlist Member

Received 291 Likes on 127 Posts

I might be young and stupid/don't have enough history with credit cards and disputes... but whenever I have encountered a problem with any sort of vendor, be it $200 or $5,000... with my Discover credit card or AMEX I always win the case. I hardly have to even explain; I just tell them that the vendor is being completely unreasonable and I provide as much proof as I can. No one has ever tried to dispute my chargeback because internally they know they're in the wrong.

One time I had someone do a credit card chargeback on me for my services (I'm a graphic designer) and I was really pissed; there was nothing I could do about losing $1,000. Through PayPal, they said it was useless and I can't even dispute it. Thankfully the address of my client was on file and through some simple google searches I found a phone number and name attached to the address that matched the same last name of my client. When I called the number, it was the father of the client and he explained his son used his credit card to buy the design from me and he had no idea his son filed a chargeback right after I sent the artwork files. His dad was super apologetic and sent the money back to me! Crazy world. If I hadn't done some searches to find the guy I'd have been SOL.
Old 02-05-2020, 11:32 PM
osdo1990
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by JCWLS3
Beautiful car and PPF work, osdo. I've been meaning to ask several folks, but never got around to it. Was PPF applied to the various gray plastic trim / lower areas?
No, only on the painted parts. Not the plastic.
Old 02-06-2020, 05:42 AM
MarineDrive
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 27 Posts

As per my installer, PPF is not recommended for plastic parts as it becomes more prone to peeling.

I went with Hexis Bodyfence, been a week now and have not noticed any scratches or blisters. It also seems to add a bit of gloss in bright daylight. Great PPF product!
Old 02-07-2020, 01:57 AM
ducstar
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

This is unacceptable. I have a black car and it has a full wrap and I can say it's 99% perfect.

Old 02-07-2020, 02:34 AM
Porsche911GTS'16
Drifting

Received 1,191 Likes on 574 Posts

For those who are reading this and you are considering getting your car wrapped, I can say without hesitation that Moe deserves all the accolades he receives here on RL. For my car, he did paint correction, a full body wrap, nano coating, window tinting, windshield protection, Musicar Stage 3+ stereo upgrade and fully integrated laser jammer/radar detector. His attention to detail is second to none and he will stand behind his work.

Old 07-19-2023, 03:08 PM
kaessrsmit
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Doug, would you mind letting me know who that is? Looking for and struggling to find someone reliable in Nashville
Old 07-19-2023, 03:10 PM
kaessrsmit
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug H
I have a great one here in Nashville. He did my DB11 and my 458. He does all the cars at the local Rolls Royce, Bentley, Aston Martin, Maserati, Lotus, SSV, AR dealership here. They hooked me up with him when I purchased my DB11.
Hi Doug, hoping you could let me know who this was - looking for someone in Nashville
Old 07-19-2023, 09:54 PM
992gts
Racer

Received 230 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by kaessrsmit
Hi Doug, would you mind letting me know who that is? Looking for and struggling to find someone reliable in Nashville
I had mine done at Music city tint in Brentwood.
https://www.musiccitywindowtint.com

had tint and PPF done by them. On the whole I think they did a good job but there could be even better but so far so good
Old 07-20-2023, 11:45 AM
Stebbo
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 22 Posts

No a good result TBH and I would be far from happy.

An admin should create a list of good detailing shops that others can refer to - back it up with customer pics if needed. I can start it off with a good shop over this side of the pond just on the boarder of North Yorkshire
Old 07-20-2023, 11:17 PM
kaylie
Racer

Received 244 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by dwaldi
Hi Moe -- I've actually gone to the shop I had my 991.2 done in Sherman Oaks. They agreed that it was a terrible installation and also pointed out knife marks from the bulk cut portions. I'm on their books next week to have the current install removed and to reapply professionally.

As I mentioned, this install was actually the shop's second attempt at installation. I fear that my car will be damaged further if I bring it back to them, so I am going to pursue a refund or a chargeback. The price of the PPF was $2950 + tax.
yipes just saw the pics. Really looks like ****. Good luck with the Sherman dudes I used them for my gt3 excellent experience and job and under 6k whole car wrap. I will go back again

Quick Reply: PPF Installer Nightmare