Sponsored by:

Rear seat legroom

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2019, 06:56 PM
DavidSF911
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by stout
Worth it for the OP to go check out 991s at a dealership, both coupe and cab. Same wheelbase, and likely similar scenarios to the new 992s.

We're a family of three, and we fit just fine in a 991 coupe, even for longer trips. I'm 6'2 and my better half is 5'6, with a little one who usually sits behind her—works for 3-4 hour trips just as well as it does around town. Would be curious to see if our little one can sit behind me, too, but my better half can do something in a 991 that she could not do in a 997: Sit straight up in the back seats without her head touching the rear window—this when sitting behind a friend (5'10?) of ours on the way to dinner. That wouldn't be something anyone would want to do on a long trip, but its miles nicer than it was in a 997 (read: possible).
Good advice from everyone responding...I will check out the 991 Cab with a local dealer, if there’s any remaining on the lot, to see what rear legroom remains once I adjust my drivers seat. My wife is short so I think my 12 year old daughter, who’s 4’ 10”, should be ok sitting behind her. My 8 year old son is around 4’ 5”, so I’m thinking he should be ok sitting behind me. This is a great community and I appreciate everyone’s comments.
Old 11-15-2019, 02:37 PM
JoeFromPA
Racer

Received 176 Likes on 99 Posts

I had this same discussion recently about my kids and wanting to drive them to school some days in a 991. My oldest, 7, is 4'7" tall. His younger brother is 5 and maybe 44" right now. Figure they will both be growing strongly for a few years, but it sounds like I'm right at the sweet spot right now. This is for a slick top coupe by the way....though I'm sure a sunroof would be fine as well. Targa and Cabs are notably smaller.

What I realized about driving them to school is.....yes they can fit, but I shouldn't plan on dropping them off in a car line since I don't want them bringing their backpacks into the cabin.

But more importantly, my window to enjoy driving them to school (15-20 minute drive) is shortening.
Old 11-16-2019, 01:33 PM
TMA
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by DavidSF911
Hi there...new to this forum and thinking about getting a 992 cabriolet. Finally convinced my wife that it’s a practical car!😀. Does anyone know what the rear seat legroom is on the 992 cab? I’ve searched everywhere and there is no info on how many inches in legroom the rear seats have. I have 2 kids, age 10 and 12 years old and below average height for their age. My wife is 5’ 3”, and I’m 5’ 10”, so I’m wondering if all 4 of us would fit in the car. Thanks for any guidance you can provide.
yes will be fine for short trips with those heights you mention. Longer trips not so much. After a few months when the excitement wears off, your kids will probably tire of the lack of space which is fine cos let’s face it, this is for you not them cab seats are more upright than coupe to make room for the roof mechanism and folding space. They’ll get cramped up in a coupe too so don’t sacrifice this feature for them you’ve done enough for them already, they’ll have a dad who has a Porsche that’s a big badge of honor ))
Old 11-18-2019, 01:36 PM
tubernator
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have 991.2 cab, 2 kids 5’6 and 5’4.

They make it work on the passenger side, with top down no problem at all. I am 5’9, and anyone over 4’10 would not be very happy behind me on drivers side.

My advice is 3 people Will work as long as front seat passenger isn’t a giant, but 4 is no bueno in most cases, unless very small children.

Quick Reply: Rear seat legroom