Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can I get discount on 992 with European Delivery in the US?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2019, 05:10 PM
sslow
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Can I get discount on 992 with European Delivery in the US?

Hello all,
I am just wondering whether it is possible to get discount in the US on a 992 with European Delivery.
I am living in North Carolina. This morning I went to a local dealer and the salesperson told me there would be no discount on 992 with European Delivery. (Actually he also told me there would be no discount as long as I build a car, even I don't go to Europe and just pick it locally. I would have to buy one from their inventory in order to further discuss discount)
The one I plan to build is ~$130k, and after browsing this website, my understanding is that many dealerships in the US offer 4 to 5% on 992. But I am not clear if it is applied to European Delivery as well. Did I just happen to meet a tough salesperson?
Any discount information on 992 with European Delivery experience is appreciated, particularly dealer information!
Thanks!!!

Last edited by sslow; 11-08-2019 at 09:36 PM. Reason: typo
Old 11-08-2019, 05:42 PM
soguinness
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by sslow
Hello all,
I am just wondering whether it is possible to get discount in the US on a 992 with European Delivery.
I am living in North Carolina. This morning I went to a local dealer and the salesperson told me there would be no discount on 992 with European Delivery. (Actually he also told me there would be no discount as long as I build a car, even I don't go to Europe and just pick it locally. I would have to buy one from their inventory in order to further discuss discount)
The one I plan to build is ~$130k, and after browsing this website, my understanding is that many dealerships in the US offer 4 to 5% on 992. But I am not clear if it is applied to European Delivery as well. Did I just happen to meet a tough salesperson?
Anyone discount information on 992 with European Delivery experience is appreciated, particularly dealer information!
Thanks!!!
I got some discount but when I wanted to convert my order to European delivery I was told I would lose that discount. Apparently Porsche is charging dealers about $3k or so if one decides to do European delivery
Old 11-08-2019, 06:42 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,014 Posts

I've done two European deliveries. A 2014 981 BS and a 2018 911 C4. In both cases, I got a 5% discount and the dealer had to pay the $3k European Delivery fee. So yes it is possible, however, the 992 is so new, I highly doubt you will get any discount with ED until next year or so. Even so, it took some work.
Old 11-11-2019, 01:37 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,537 Likes on 5,061 Posts

Yes, you should.

Dealers get additional allocations for ED (e.g., an additional GT or 911 allocation).
Old 11-11-2019, 04:38 AM
hbear
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Like anything, it’s up to the dealer. They do get a replacement allocation but it ED also costs the dealership some money so they tend not to discount.
Old 11-11-2019, 09:31 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,941 Likes on 2,799 Posts

Originally Posted by hbear
Like anything, it’s up to the dealer. They do get a replacement allocation but it ED also costs the dealership some money so they tend not to discount.
An extra allocation should net the dealer well over the $3k outlay and is likely to create a repeat customer. It is very shortsighted for a dealer to refuse ED or to offer a worse financial arrangement to the customer if they opt to do it.
Old 11-12-2019, 12:08 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,432 Likes on 2,347 Posts

Originally Posted by GrantG
An extra allocation should net the dealer well over the $3k outlay and is likely to create a repeat customer. It is very shortsighted for a dealer to refuse ED or to offer a worse financial arrangement to the customer if they opt to do it.
Bigger dealers realize the advantage albeit they all should! Shop around and at least check the 3 closest dealers to you.
Old 11-12-2019, 08:17 AM
hbear
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by GrantG
I agree but it’s still supply and demand. If all the dealers play the same game (as they do here in Canada) where is one going to get their factory order 911?

Up here, they have zero problems selling all their 911 allocations so not like they are missing out on a sale.
Old 11-12-2019, 07:22 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,941 Likes on 2,799 Posts

Originally Posted by hbear
I agree but it’s still supply and demand. If all the dealers play the same game (as they do here in Canada) where is one going to get their factory order 911?

Up here, they have zero problems selling all their 911 allocations so not like they are missing out on a sale.
Well, technically they are missing out on a sale for every Euro Delivery they decline and sell without ED (since they would get another allocation on top of it, less $3k).
Old 01-16-2020, 03:03 PM
Xiaoke Wang
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ordered a 992 s in October with MSRP around 130k, I got a 4% discount from my dealer. Located in North California
Old 01-19-2020, 01:41 AM
Jack F
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 742 Likes on 526 Posts

Originally Posted by sslow
Hello all,
Any discount information on 992 with European Delivery experience is appreciated, particularly dealer information!
Thanks!!!
Do your research with other dealers. Then when you are ready, contact a Porsche of a Colorado Springs in Colorado. You will be the straight story and the best price.
The following users liked this post:
SantaFePorsche (01-19-2020)
Old 01-19-2020, 03:39 AM
SantaFePorsche
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 37 Posts

I’ll second the shout out to Porsche of Colorado Springs!
Old 01-19-2020, 10:14 AM
Freddie Two Bs
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 295 Posts

Not sure if I follow this "they should be happy coz they get another allocation" logic. I can totally see it for hot limited supply cars like GTx, but are dealers starved for allocation of run of the mill Carreras? They would like to get as many as Porsche can send them and have unlimited appetite?
Old 01-19-2020, 01:29 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,841 Likes on 1,493 Posts

Short answer to the original question, yes.
Old 01-19-2020, 10:58 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,537 Likes on 5,061 Posts

Originally Posted by rick brooklyn
Not sure if I follow this "they should be happy coz they get another allocation" logic. I can totally see it for hot limited supply cars like GTx, but are dealers starved for allocation of run of the mill Carreras? They would like to get as many as Porsche can send them and have unlimited appetite?
"Starved" may be overstating it, but they do want them.

Quick Reply: Can I get discount on 992 with European Delivery in the US?