Sponsored by:

992 In-person report

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2019, 05:40 AM
ant922599
Instructor

Received 108 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by NigelPlays
What's everyone's burmester settings set to? (Bass, treble, sound enhancement)?

I think I got a lemon. I can't listen to hip hop or dance music as the bass blows past level 5. I don't know if I have a subwoofer cause it's all highs? My door rattles so I have to get that fixed.

I'm coming from a Bose pro series in my Infiniti Q60 and that system kills my burm.

Suggestions?
Hope you get it sorted - it's the main non-driving bit I'm most looking forward to when mine arrives in December.

Could well be a lemon as there is no way it should sound crap.

I've heard about the door rattle though - there is a short vid on YT here in the UK from an audio place who have worked on a 992 with Bose - they said a few trim clips were loose when they started taking it apart, so that at least should be an easy fix.
The following users liked this post:
NigelPlays (10-13-2019)
Old 10-13-2019, 07:11 AM
Patriot
Rennlist Member

Received 781 Likes on 289 Posts

I think I got a lemon. I can't listen to hip hop or dance music as the bass blows past level 5. I don't know if I have a subwoofer cause it's all highs? My door rattles so I have to get that fixed.

I'm coming from a Bose pro series in my Infiniti Q60 and that system kills my burm.

Suggestions?
The only issue I have in my 992 is a nasty front passenger speaker rattle. I think the problem is the door trim, not the speaker itself. Can’t listen to much bass either.
NigelPlays (10-14-2019)
Old 10-13-2019, 10:17 AM
Marv
Rennlist Member

Received 1,050 Likes on 562 Posts

Suggestions?
Listen to the engine?
soguinness (10-13-2019)
Old 10-13-2019, 10:23 AM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 454 Likes on 310 Posts

I like the 992 a lot for its improvements. But I'll have to sit it out for a while, as there is no performance improvement of the 992 C2S over my 991.2 C2S that has Sport Pkg, PDCC & SPASM, and X51 PowerKit... Until they offer the 992 GTS or PowerKit, I'll just enjoy what I'm driving.
Old 10-13-2019, 12:53 PM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,503 Likes on 963 Posts

Originally Posted by YoungTurk
The only issue I have in my 992 is a nasty front passenger speaker rattle. I think the problem is the door trim, not the speaker itself. Can’t listen to much bass either.
I'll say this about my 991.1 C2S - it had the 445 W Bose and the front door speaker rattle absolutely sucked. Didn't happen in 991.2 TT with Burmester and also doesn't happen in my GT3 with Bose.

Hope you get the Burmester worked out- it SHOULD be solid as heck with all bass settings and sound wonderful...
NigelPlays (10-13-2019)
Old 10-13-2019, 05:26 PM
Vandakter
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by YoungTurk
Mine is on the driver’s side and gets nasty with electronic music. Hip-hop and metal are fine.

It’s not the speaker for me either. Definitely need to get it fixed, but other than that, the system is phenomenal.
NigelPlays (10-14-2019)
Old 10-13-2019, 05:44 PM
Boxster Brad
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took my first look at a 992 yesterday. My primary impression is that too many components have a cheap plastic look. I noticed it first on the PORSCHE lettering out back ... it's raised plastic letters that lack the 'quality' feel. Inside, the cupholder and trim in/around have that same flimsy plastic look that my 991.2 GTS doesn't have. I left yesterday feeling that the 991.2 is going to 'wear well' through the initial couple years until the 992 GTS and TTS appear.
Old 10-13-2019, 11:08 PM
TennisGuy
Instructor

Received 76 Likes on 41 Posts

Suggestions?
Sorry to hear that. I have a new 991.2 with Burmester and it sounds fantastic with no rattles, so I don’t think your issue was due to Burmester, but with Porsche factory installation.

I also have Bose on my 981 and Burmester is in a different league. For a 911 at new car prices, I would definitely add Burmester, especially if you are going to use 992 as a grand tourer.
NigelPlays (10-14-2019)
Old 10-14-2019, 01:13 AM
NigelPlays
Racer

Received 228 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by TennisGuy
Sorry to hear that. I have a new 991.2 with Burmester and it sounds fantastic with no rattles, so I don’t think your issue was due to Burmester, but with Porsche factory installation.

I also have Bose on my 981 and Burmester is in a different league. For a 911 at new car prices, I would definitely add Burmester, especially if you are going to use 992 as a grand tourer.
I hope the dealer can fix the sound. I need another car to compare it to in case it's the same.
Old 10-14-2019, 10:06 AM
JHesketh
Racer

Received 231 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Boxster Brad
I took my first look at a 992 yesterday. My primary impression is that too many components have a cheap plastic look. I noticed it first on the PORSCHE lettering out back ... it's raised plastic letters that lack the 'quality' feel. Inside, the cupholder and trim in/around have that same flimsy plastic look that my 991.2 GTS doesn't have. I left yesterday feeling that the 991.2 is going to 'wear well' through the initial couple years until the 992 GTS and TTS appear.
i think this is a legitimate observation.

The literature talks about clever panel materials and welding techniques to keep weight down. Yet we know the car is heavier than the 991. This was attributed to the big gearbox and particulate filters but I’m beginning to wonder.

The 992 includes a huge amount of plastic: the steering wheel, the SC button, the rear emblems, the central console, the cup holder, the gear selector and switchgear, the door handle for goodness sake. Like you, I don’t remember so much plastic in the 991.

The car drives well but the interior materials do not bear a great deal of scrutiny.
Old 12-16-2019, 10:59 PM
Joey Seminara
Intermediate

Received 34 Likes on 13 Posts

I hope the dealer can fix the sound. I need another car to compare it to in case it's the same.
any luck with this? mine to has this issue now

Quick Reply: 992 In-person report