Sponsored by:

Update of trip information on Porsche connect app

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2019, 10:38 AM
cymro
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Update of trip information on Porsche connect app

I am still experiencing problems where my trip data since re fuelling or latest trip does not appear on my Porsche connect app or on my Porsche on the web.

This has been ongoing since the car was new. Has anyone else experienced this. It works if the MPH is changed on the PCM in the car to KPH.

I have had a ticket open with Porsche connect in Germany for months, but still not sorted.

Old 12-13-2019, 09:46 AM
cymro
Intermediate

Default Porsche connect

Can someone please tell me if the trip details on their Porsche connect app reads the same as the trip details on the car PCM. I need an answer in order to tell :Porsche connect.
Old 12-13-2019, 07:44 PM
Ms95207x
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by cymro
Can someone please tell me if the trip details on their Porsche connect app reads the same as the trip details on the car PCM. I need an answer in order to tell :Porsche connect.
Porsche Connect is consistently one trip behind in reporting. I see the trip information for today’s commute to work, but not my return trip home. Could be that the car is off and it can’t upload the data until it is restarted. I wonder if uploading the trip information on startup contributes to the long PCM boot up time.
Old 12-14-2019, 09:00 AM
cymro
Intermediate

That is part of the fault. If you changed from MPH to KPH on the PCM(car/system/units) you should find it updates soon as the ignition is switched off. I would appreciate if you could try this for me some time so I can gather more information.
Old 12-16-2019, 09:16 PM
Ms95207x
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by cymro
That is part of the fault. If you changed from MPH to KPH on the PCM(car/system/units) you should find it updates soon as the ignition is switched off. I would appreciate if you could try this for me some time so I can gather more information.
You are correct. I changed from MPH to KPH and Porsche Connect updated within seconds of my switching the ignition off.
Old 12-17-2019, 09:16 AM
cymro
Intermediate

Thank you, thats what I wanted to know.

I have passed on to Porsche connect in Germany that I am not the only one experiencing this. This has been going on for months

Quick Reply: Update of trip information on Porsche connect app