Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Base 992 — three leather interior options

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2019 | 12:51 AM
yooj
Track Day

Default Base 992 — three leather interior options

The S model has two interior options, full , or standard interior partial leather. But the base model shows three options on the configurator. The additional one is “standard interior with leather package/ partial leather or leather seats.” This costs much more than standard partial leather, and slightly less than the leather interior option. What is this base- only intermediate option? How does it differ from leather interior?
Old 10-07-2019 | 06:48 PM
yooj
Track Day

Question

Old 09-26-2020 | 08:24 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Deleted
Old 09-26-2020 | 11:48 AM
WCE
User

Click the "i" after selecting each option for more detail. The subtle differences are easier to see in 3D mode, leather usually adds the french stitching also.
Looks to me like the base Carrera "leather pkg" gives you the minor leather upgrades standard in the S plus the upper sections of the dashboard and door panels in leather with stitching, nice upgrade if you want a black or slate grey interior.
Old 09-27-2020 | 12:31 PM
smartbot
Instructor

Originally Posted by yooj
The S model has two interior options, full , or standard interior partial leather. But the base model shows three options on the configurator. The additional one is “standard interior with leather package/ partial leather or leather seats.” This costs much more than standard partial leather, and slightly less than the leather interior option. What is this base- only intermediate option? How does it differ from leather interior?
I think I mentioned this in another thread. It's an in-between option. This interior includes leather on the dash and top of the doors, but does not include leather in the middle part of the door panel or under the dash. You can see this in the pictures on the configurator (just click between the different options and you will see the change).

Smooth-Finish Leather:
  • Front seats
  • Upper section of the dashboard
  • Upper section of the door panels
  • Steering wheel rim
  • Door panel armrests
  • Center console lid

Last edited by smartbot; 09-27-2020 at 12:33 PM.
Old 02-06-2021 | 08:16 PM
3uros
Rennlist Member

Resurrecting an old thread...I was curious to find an actual pic of option PA "Standard Interior w/Leather Package." As previously mentioned, it comes with nice smooth top grain leather just on top the dash and upper door panels. Otherwise, all the other touch points are standard trim.
Old 10-26-2021 | 10:32 AM
TR772
Racer

Is the "leather on lower section of dashboard" the structure directly to the left of the glove compartment all the way to the drivers door ?
Old 12-13-2023 | 02:11 PM
3uros
Rennlist Member

Does anyone know if the grain quality increases with each upgrade. I always check the full leather option but I have noticed base interiors have a more textured grain of leather.

Quick Reply: Base 992 — three leather interior options