Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who ordered orange with yellow seat belts and green tach?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2020, 05:57 PM
Benedict14
Burning Brakes

Received 291 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by rouxeny
What do you guys think of the wood trim on black interior?
Beautiful. One of the reasons people will pay $7K for an Eames chair, and it’s in the MOMA.

I don’t know if the chalk stitching on the black leather will improve the look or not ? I have been pondering it though. Excessively
Old 09-12-2020, 09:43 PM
Laguna
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Benedict14
Beautiful. One of the reasons people will pay $7K for an Eames chair, and it’s in the MOMA.

I don’t know if the chalk stitching on the black leather will improve the look or not ? I have been pondering it though. Excessively
I've gone back and forth on this, too, but ultimately concluded that deviated stitching on black leather + wood trim seems a little busy and not aesthetically connected. YMMV.
Old 09-12-2020, 09:49 PM
rumnyc
Instructor

Received 154 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Brownbear91
My configurator WOULD NOT show the green deviated stitching so THANK YOU for this photo. Placed our deposit for Python Green exterior,full black leather sports plus seats, Lizard green tach & chrono, lizard green deviated stitching. Cant wait to see it in person!
probably you are getting a targa? the deviated stitching and deviated seatback options only show up in 360 view. the 360 view isn't available for targa models in the configurator yet. if you choose anything else like c2s or cab, you can try those options to get a better look.
Old 09-13-2020, 12:19 AM
digits
Rennlist Member

Received 348 Likes on 186 Posts

Leather and wood, of course it's a great combo... chalk stitching might even overdo it.

... but, wait, what? err, um, $7k?

Really?

Maybe I should stop carelessly throwing my crap onto this really old comfy chair that's sitting next to me right here in my recently repurposed "working from home" office...
Old 09-13-2020, 12:22 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,455 Likes on 2,359 Posts

It looks like a Herman Miller chair...Tom Selleck has one in his house in one of the commercials he is in.
Old 09-13-2020, 12:51 PM
markchristenson
Three Wheelin'

Received 640 Likes on 392 Posts

Love the Eames chair :-)
Old 09-13-2020, 02:57 PM
Benedict14
Burning Brakes

Received 291 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by digits
Leather and wood, of course it's a great combo... chalk stitching might even overdo it.

... but, wait, what? err, um, $7k?

Really?

Maybe I should stop carelessly throwing my crap onto this really old comfy chair that's sitting next to me right here in my recently repurposed "working from home" office...
Lol. No. Don't stop. It’s like a Porsche; it’s meant to be used. Although, I don’t know about any work that gets done in mine. I’m usually out cold if I sit in it. Prices vary. And it depends on the configuration (sound familiar ?)

That looks like a more ‘senior’ chair perhaps. If it’s real, it’ll have a stamp on the bottom and an ID number sticker for the chair. Much like Porsche, they know every piece they ever built.

I think you’re correct about the crayon stitching. Knowing when to stop is good design.

Last edited by Benedict14; 09-13-2020 at 02:58 PM.
Old 09-13-2020, 03:00 PM
venom51
Burning Brakes

Received 231 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by slc4s
Just saw the car at Beverly Hills Porsche. I swear I remember somebody on here posting that spec. The car was a hot mess and I kind of loved it.

They also had 2 Gentian, 3 black, and a night blue all fresh off the truck. Interesting mix of specs and options, cabs and coupes.
Crusty the Clown. Every good clown needs a clown car.
Old 09-13-2020, 03:29 PM
rouxeny
Pro

Received 397 Likes on 195 Posts

Personally I think the chalk stitching just kind of blends into the background.

I’m really digging wood trim on black.

unfortunately, the cost of my dream build only seems to go up!
Old 09-13-2020, 09:05 PM
Tanqueray86
Banned

Received 223 Likes on 106 Posts

Looks like my 3 yr old took his crayons to that car.
Old 09-13-2020, 10:26 PM
digits
Rennlist Member

Received 348 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
It looks like a Herman Miller chair...Tom Selleck has one in his house in one of the commercials he is in.
You're right. It's made by Herman Miller.

Originally Posted by markchristenson
Love the Eames chair :-)
It's the most comfortable thing I own - disregard any claims I may have made in threads about the 14-way vs. 18-way seats.

Lol. No. Don't stop. It’s like a Porsche; it’s meant to be used. Although, I don’t know about any work that gets done in mine. I’m usually out cold if I sit in it. Prices vary. And it depends on the configuration (sound familiar ?)

That looks like a more ‘senior’ chair perhaps. If it’s real, it’ll have a stamp on the bottom and an ID number sticker for the chair. Much like Porsche, they know every piece they ever built.
It is well-used and loved. It is getting closer to being a "senior" (early 1970's) but it's definitely not an original series museum piece or worth big $.

I can't help but continue to hijack this thread - my favorite chair rarely pops up in the same discussion as my favorite car.

Quick Reply: Who ordered orange with yellow seat belts and green tach?