Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who ordered orange with yellow seat belts and green tach?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2019 | 08:48 AM
waiting for PDK
Racer

I kind of like the color on the dash and doors, though the painted center console trim just makes the cupholder look even more massive. At least Porsche lets you do pretty much whatever you want (and will pay for).
Old 10-16-2019 | 08:53 AM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by waiting for PDK
I kind of like the color on the dash and doors, though the painted center console trim just makes the cupholder look even more massive. At least Porsche lets you do pretty much whatever you want (and will pay for).
If you don't like the cupholder, Porsche includes a plastic storage piece that can go in its place.

Yes, Porsche will basically do what you want and they'll do nothing to prevent self harm. The biggest issue with this car are the yellow and green decisions. Blue and orange are perfectly acceptable together.
Old 10-19-2019 | 10:35 AM
SockToy
Instructor

I kind of love it ;p not generally a fan of the 992 but that has character :P
Old 10-19-2019 | 11:14 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by That_Studmann
You’re all in luck, looks like the moron who ordered it backed out of the purchase so now it’s for sale! Can’t wait to see how long that sits on the lot.
I don't often feel bad for dealers, but this is one of those times.
The following users liked this post:
G650 (10-21-2019)
Old 10-20-2019 | 02:57 AM
TennisGuy
Instructor

Couldn’t decide on a color or two so chose all of them?
Old 10-20-2019 | 03:01 AM
groundhog
Race Car

Might be red green colour blind
Old 09-11-2020 | 01:06 PM
991RMX
Instructor

Default Python green with green tach.

Do you think that a Python Green 992 with the Lizard Green tach and sport chrono clock will clash? Lizard green is the only option for a green tach and clock, and it might be good to have some.contrast in with the slate/chalk interior. Green Seat belts would be too much I think.
Old 09-11-2020 | 01:44 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 991RMX
Do you think that a Python Green 992 with the Lizard Green tach and sport chrono clock will clash? Lizard green is the only option for a green tach and clock, and it might be good to have some.contrast in with the slate/chalk interior. Green Seat belts would be too much I think.
You could match your caliper color.

PCCBs on a green with car yellow interior accents is a strong look.
markchristenson (09-11-2020)
Old 09-11-2020 | 05:53 PM
Drizz
Racer

Originally Posted by 992Sam
Personally, I think bold interiors are the way to go.... since 95% of the cars made are black/gray leather with black dash, etc...
Couldn't agree more. I was walking up my street the other day and decided to count the car colors as I headed back to my house. There were 34 cars parked in the street or out in driveways. I $hit you not...EVERY SINGLE CAR was either gray (not silver), white or black. Every single one of them! Our cars are kept in the garage so it doesn't count but my wife and I apparently are the only ones on the street that don't have either gray, black or white. I think we're also the only ones that actually use our garage for our cars and not a floor-to-ceiling, wall-to-wall storage area. Crazy! So dull. When did our roads get so monotone? Then people ask me if I got Miami Blue because I want attention. No, I got it because I love cars and I love the color. Not my first bright color either. Cars are supposed to fun, no!?
Old 09-11-2020 | 05:57 PM
Drizz
Racer

Originally Posted by rk-d
I don't often feel bad for dealers, but this is one of those times.
It will sell. SoCal has tons of bright colors and someone will like the green, yellow and orange interior stuff (though maybe not me). My brother is in Dallas and when he put in an order for a 991.2 GTS Cabriolet a couple of years back they asked for a $1K refundable deposit. His car is Agate gray. They told him that if he wanted a "crazy color like Miami Blue or Lava Orange" then they would have demanded a $15K non-refundable deposit. Not even sure if that's legal in TX (no idea), but thought that was interesting. This is apparently the largest dealer in Dallas too. Out here in SoCal they don't bat an eye at bright color orders.

Last edited by Drizz; 09-11-2020 at 06:01 PM.
Old 09-11-2020 | 06:46 PM
Master Deep
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Drizz
It will sell. SoCal has tons of bright colors and someone will like the green, yellow and orange interior stuff (though maybe not me). My brother is in Dallas and when he put in an order for a 991.2 GTS Cabriolet a couple of years back they asked for a $1K refundable deposit. His car is Agate gray. They told him that if he wanted a "crazy color like Miami Blue or Lava Orange" then they would have demanded a $15K non-refundable deposit. Not even sure if that's legal in TX (no idea), but thought that was interesting. This is apparently the largest dealer in Dallas too. Out here in SoCal they don't bat an eye at bright color orders.
I had to put down 10% ($17k) on a high spec cab. First time buyer but the car will come in December so I said ok. I think certain dealers ask for higher deposits for high spec or atypical spec cars to protect themselves.
Old 09-12-2020 | 02:06 AM
rouxeny
Pro

What do you guys think of the wood trim on black interior?
Old 09-12-2020 | 04:41 AM
rumnyc
Instructor

Originally Posted by 991RMX
this is quite common i think:
  1. python green exterior
  2. black leather/race-tex interior with lizard green deviated stitching
if you one more you can add any one or all of they below to taste. if you order all the below, maybe skip the deviated stitching although I think it looks sharp
  1. liz green seat belts
  2. liz green tach
  3. liz green s chrono clock

AlexCeres (09-13-2020)
Old 09-12-2020 | 09:39 AM
Laguna
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rouxeny
What do you guys think of the wood trim on black interior?
Love it, and it's what I'm ordering. (My build freezes at the end of the month.)
Benedict14 (09-12-2020)
Old 09-12-2020 | 03:45 PM
Brownbear91
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rumnyc
this is quite common i think:
  1. python green exterior
  2. black leather/race-tex interior with lizard green deviated stitching
if you one more you can add any one or all of they below to taste. if you order all the below, maybe skip the deviated stitching although I think it looks sharp
  1. liz green seat belts
  2. liz green tach
  3. liz green s chrono clock
My configurator WOULD NOT show the green deviated stitching so THANK YOU for this photo. Placed our deposit for Python Green exterior,full black leather sports plus seats, Lizard green tach & chrono, lizard green deviated stitching. Cant wait to see it in person!
991RMX (09-25-2020)

Quick Reply: Who ordered orange with yellow seat belts and green tach?