Sponsored by:

What did you buy your 992 today thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2024, 07:37 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,803 Likes on 947 Posts

Originally Posted by zanary
Completed the install this afternoon. I went with the M-CODER (no tune right now). I noticed the following after the install:
  1. The sounds in SPORT and SPORT+ now is just amazing. The 100% open valves are a MUST.
  2. You can hear the spooling of the turbo as you accelerate in first gear. Far more notable than before.
  3. More pops and bangs which is fantastic. I hear it from 2000 all the way up in all gears.
  4. ... I'll be taking a much longer drive tomorrow and will report my findings.

I highly recommend the M-CODER for all owners... What a HUGE difference it makes!
Great to know that they are offering the Stage 0 of their system for other mods for a reduced price. And that you can upgrade to the full tuner later for the difference.
I do like to be able to turn my Cargraphic valve controller on and off on the fly. Not sure I'd remove it and get this. But I might have seriously considered this option if it was out when I bought the Cargraphic.
Old 07-15-2024, 08:57 PM
zanary
Pro

Received 596 Likes on 284 Posts

Originally Posted by 3rdpedal
Great to know that they are offering the Stage 0 of their system for other mods for a reduced price. And that you can upgrade to the full tuner later for the difference.
I do like to be able to turn my Cargraphic valve controller on and off on the fly. Not sure I'd remove it and get this. But I might have seriously considered this option if it was out when I bought the Cargraphic.
I think both options are great, but for me, I didn't want to carry around or store an extra fob in the car to open the valves. I know you can connect it up to Homelink, but on the 992.1, they remove the dedicated homeland buttons and moved it to software, so yet another reason for me.

I also like the fact that 100% valves open are now part of SPORT and SPORT+ as it makes it easy. If I want it closed, I just use NORMAL or my INDIVIDUAL mode...

I'm very happy with it.
Old Yesterday, 08:46 PM
freesole
Instructor

Received 161 Likes on 63 Posts

Custom dry carbon steering wheel with rubystar Neo center strip and carbon magnetic paddles.

Kline Inconel Cats. Just wondering if I should wait until I get an M Engineering tune and oil change first before getting it installed… 🤔
Old Yesterday, 09:52 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Received 1,880 Likes on 1,056 Posts

Originally Posted by freesole
Custom dry carbon steering wheel with rubystar Neo center strip and carbon magnetic paddles.

Kline Inconel Cats. Just wondering if I should wait until I get an M Engineering tune and oil change first before getting it installed… 🤔
Nice wheel. Where did you get it? Was it a skeleton? How was the install?

If you're not gonna be able to stand a CEL you should wait until you get the M tune. You'll most likely get one.
Old Today, 12:43 AM
freesole
Instructor

Received 161 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Shogunade
Nice wheel. Where did you get it? Was it a skeleton? How was the install?

If you're not gonna be able to stand a CEL you should wait until you get the M tune. You'll most likely get one.
Carismo built it for me based on some my preferences. They did a great job. Yes, it was a frame so you have to transfer pretty well everything over.
Yeah, heard on the tune.. looks like I will have to at least do the M Coder to avoid the CEL.
Old Today, 02:12 AM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,803 Likes on 947 Posts

Originally Posted by zanary
I think both options are great, but for me, I didn't want to carry around or store an extra fob in the car to open the valves. I know you can connect it up to Homelink, but on the 992.1, they remove the dedicated homeland buttons and moved it to software, so yet another reason for me.

I also like the fact that 100% valves open are now part of SPORT and SPORT+ as it makes it easy. If I want it closed, I just use NORMAL or my INDIVIDUAL mode...

I'm very happy with it.
I don't use my fobs/remotes. It's in my Homelink. Of my 5 toggles on the dash, I have the far left that is programmable set to Homelink. Tap that and select Valves Open.

But it is good to know you can have them closed in Normal so I could exit the garage and get a block away, move it to Sport and that would open the valves too. Not sure I would get the Stage 0 M-Coder but good to know about options.
Old Today, 10:58 AM
tomtomtomtom
Racer

Received 262 Likes on 131 Posts

a new floor for the car to get dirty

Quick Reply: What did you buy your 992 today thread