Selling my Vette, just ordered the 992

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2019, 12:04 AM
RetinaGuy
7th Gear

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Selling my Vette, just ordered the 992

Hey guys,

My first post on this site. Just placed my order for the new 992! Super excited. Delivery 11/22/19. I’ve never owned a Porsche before. Will be trading in my C7 Grandsport Vette.

Heres what I ordered:

Aventurine Green
RS Spyder rims with Porsche wheel center caps
Interior- truffle brown
Truffle brown seat belts.
14 way sport seats.
Premium package.
Lane change assist
Sports design side skirts.
Sport design front fascia.
Electric slide/tilt Glass Sunroof.
Window trim in black.
Power steering plus.
PASM sport suspension.
Center console with Porsche crest
Headrest with Porsche crest.

I didn’t get the sport exhaust bc I actually prefer the standard dual exhaust on each side look. Also didn’t get sport crono package. I drive to and from the office as my DD. Not really into taking the car to the track.

Spent a lot of time reading everyone suggestions on specs. Found it extremely helpful. Felt like I was able to put together the “perfect” 992 for me. Thank you!
The following users liked this post:
phefner (08-23-2019)
Old 08-22-2019, 12:19 AM
cr-997
Instructor

Received 69 Likes on 44 Posts

Nice build.. Congrats!
Old 08-22-2019, 12:20 AM
avc2014
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 32 Posts

Congrats on your first 911.
Reading your post brought back a memory of the first time I drove a 911 and it felt odd having the motor behind me. Now it feels odd to drive a front engine car !
You will love the new car and love the reliability and build quality.
Senna01 (08-23-2019)
Old 08-22-2019, 12:48 AM
992carreraS
Instructor

Received 128 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by RetinaGuy
Hey guys,

My first post on this site. Just placed my order for the new 992! Super excited. Delivery 11/22/19. I’ve never owned a Porsche before. Will be trading in my C7 Grandsport Vette.

Heres what I ordered:

Aventurine Green
RS Spyder rims with Porsche wheel center caps
Interior- truffle brown
Truffle brown seat belts.
14 way sport seats.
Premium package.
Lane change assist
Sports design side skirts.
Sport design front fascia.
Electric slide/tilt Glass Sunroof.
Window trim in black.
Power steering plus.
PASM sport suspension.
Center console with Porsche crest
Headrest with Porsche crest.

I didn’t get the sport exhaust bc I actually prefer the standard dual exhaust on each side look. Also didn’t get sport crono package. I drive to and from the office as my DD. Not really into taking the car to the track.

Spent a lot of time reading everyone suggestions on specs. Found it extremely helpful. Felt like I was able to put together the “perfect” 992 for me. Thank you!
Great color choice and combo! I had the same reasoning for the exhaust. Your are going to love the feeling of driving something that feels like its been machined out of a solid piece of aluminum. Congrats on your new order.
Old 08-22-2019, 01:01 AM
Porsche911GTS'16
Drifting

Received 1,191 Likes on 574 Posts

Welcome in advance to the 911 club!
Old 08-22-2019, 01:10 AM
tgcrun
Three Wheelin'

Received 438 Likes on 234 Posts

Congrats! Nice combo. You'll love the car.
Old 08-22-2019, 01:22 AM
moomin
Instructor

Received 183 Likes on 74 Posts

Nice build! Are you an Opthalmologist by any chance ?
Old 08-22-2019, 06:37 AM
got2go
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 39 Posts

You’re obviously a quick study as that’s a well thought out build spec. I’m curious about how or why you decided to move to a 992 with all the C8 buzz and your Corvette experience, if you don’t mind me asking?
Old 08-22-2019, 07:49 AM
RetinaGuy
7th Gear

Originally Posted by moomin
Nice build! Are you an Opthalmologist by any chance ?
Yes sir. Ophthalmologist specializing in retinal diseases and surgery.
rockrdude (08-22-2019)
Old 08-22-2019, 07:52 AM
RetinaGuy
7th Gear

Originally Posted by got2go
You’re obviously a quick study as that’s a well thought out build spec. I’m curious about how or why you decided to move to a 992 with all the C8 buzz and your Corvette experience, if you don’t mind me asking?
Bc I have a 8 month old baby now. Need a car with a back seat. I had to get the new 992 bc of her. 😜
The following 3 users liked this post by RetinaGuy:
G650 (08-22-2019), JHesketh (08-24-2019), Senna01 (08-23-2019)
Old 08-22-2019, 07:54 AM
RetinaGuy
7th Gear

Thank you everybody for your kind words. Happy to be part of this community and excited to learn from you guys. 👍
rockrdude (08-22-2019)
Old 08-22-2019, 08:04 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,402 Likes on 2,513 Posts

This will be the L O N G E S T three months of your life. Congrats.
RetinaGuy (08-22-2019)
Old 08-22-2019, 08:05 AM
Peadsw
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 23 Posts

i Nice build but i would suggest Bose and sport chrono, its a must for me and i think for many others. The resale value is harder without at least sport chrono.
The following 2 users liked this post by Peadsw:
G650 (08-22-2019), RetinaGuy (08-22-2019)
Old 08-22-2019, 08:19 AM
1Carnut
Pro

Received 76 Likes on 48 Posts

The Taycan will be my 44th Porsche, and it was almost 50 years ago when I drove my first one, and about 46 years ago when I took my first one apart. I am also a corvette fan (the gearshift grand sport was my favorite C7), and have a C8 on order. It always takes me a while to warm up to a new 911, but I am sure I will eventually like the 992. I wish you good luck with you first Porsche, though I would have gone with the 18 way seats, and avoided the sun roof, and used that money for the sports chrono. I don't believe in changing things in cars for looks (add on body kits) unless it saves weight (my custom built 997S body is all carbon fiber), and if you want the best driving 911, I would have built it a bit different, then again after almost 500 cars I have been told I have forgotten what I've forgotten about them. I am not trying to rain on your parade OP, but if you want a sports car (even though that term is given to too many cars today), make it the best sports car you can.
RetinaGuy (08-22-2019)
Old 08-22-2019, 10:41 AM
pelucidor
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Peadsw
i Nice build but i would suggest Bose and sport chrono, its a must for me and i think for many others. The resale value is harder without at least sport chrono.
RetinaGuy's car is configured with Premium Package with includes Bose audio (nice build and colors by the way - I also opted to skip PSE for the quad exhaust look!).

But I agree that Sport Chrono is 'must-have' even for a daily-driver that will never be tracked (like mine) - this is a sports car and SC is a relatively cheap option (I would get this over the sunroof) and I think Individual Mode can really help customize settings for a Daily Driver vehicle:

The Sport Chrono Package adds numerous features for sport-oriented drivers:
  • Mode switch on the steering wheel – vehicles without the Sport Chrono Package feature Normal and Sport modes, selectable via a SPORT button on the center console. Adding the Sport Chrono Package moves the SPORT button from the center console to an additional mode switch on the steering wheel, allowing drivers to select from multiple drive modes (4 with M/T, 5 with PDK):
  1. Normal mode
  2. SPORT mode
  3. SPORT PLUS mode
  4. Individual mode
  5. SPORT Response (only in conjunction with PDK)
  • PSM Sport mode – briefly pressing (< 1 second) the PSM button in the center console activates the PSM Sport mode. In this mode, the driver can push closer to the limit range of the vehicle while PSM remains constantly active in the background. PSM Sport mode can be activated independently of the selected driving mode
  • Launch control – the launch control function manages the engine, gearbox, and stability control systems to provide the quickest standing-start acceleration. This function is only available on vehicles equipped with the PDK gearbox
  • Porsche Active Driveline Mounts – In Normal mode, magneto-rheological driveline mounts remain soft to minimize perceptible vibration of the drivetrain. With SPORT mode switched on, the mounts stiffen for driveline dynamics suiting a sporty driving style. With SPORT PLUS mode switched on, driveline mounts stiffen further for maximum performance
  • Analog and digital chronograph – a chronometer installed on top of the dashboard can be used for timing laps, and can be configured as a clock when not actively used as a stopwatch
G650 (08-22-2019)

Quick Reply: Selling my Vette, just ordered the 992