Jet Black Metallic with SportDesign Kit
Slate Grey interior with alcantara roof and wheel
White Tachometer and Sport Chrono Dials
Interior Package Painted

Old 08-11-2019, 05:27 PM
not4one
Instructor

Received 67 Likes on 38 Posts

Nice....those wheels look great against black. How about some chalk or red stitching? And, to repeat a theme here, it wouldn’t hurt to lose those side skirts to avoid the blocky look.
Old 08-11-2019, 05:39 PM
TMA
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by not4one
Nice....those wheels look great against black. How about some chalk or red stitching? And, to repeat a theme here, it wouldn’t hurt to lose those side skirts to avoid the blocky look.
Thanks! Can only get chalk stitching (no red stitching with grey) but worried it’ll look cheap. Also considered red belts but thought red would only look good with black interior....
Old 08-11-2019, 05:49 PM
lestergreenjr
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Love the alcantara steering wheel!
Old 08-11-2019, 05:59 PM
not4one
Instructor

Received 67 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by TMA
Thanks! Can only get chalk stitching (no red stitching with grey) but worried it’ll look cheap. Also considered red belts but thought red would only look good with black interior....
Agree with you on the red belts. Personal choice on starching, but I don’t think the chalk stitching would look cheap at all. Good luck!
Old 08-11-2019, 06:22 PM
tgcrun
Three Wheelin'

Received 438 Likes on 234 Posts

Chalk stitching would look great. What about chalk belts?
Old 08-11-2019, 06:37 PM
Ms95207x
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by lestergreenjr
I love the Alcantara steering wheel,too, but after one year’s use you’ll wish you had gone with leather.
Old 08-11-2019, 06:39 PM
Sebvelez
Instructor

Received 138 Likes on 61 Posts

What a great build! I actually really like the black painted interior parts... it’ll look like a full piano black trim. And the alcantara details look very cool. The sport design will look very nice in black as well. Very cool!
Old 08-12-2019, 11:58 AM
SamD
Racer

Received 299 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by lestergreenjr
Some find that Alcantara doesn't wear well when being handled frequently, as in a steering wheel . . .
Old 08-12-2019, 04:44 PM
TMA
Advanced

Originally Posted by Sam Dickson
Some find that Alcantara doesn't wear well when being handled frequently, as in a steering wheel . . .
Leather starts to lose its Matte finish after a few months and goes all shiny (I have a pet peeve with shiny leather). I’ve had light grey alcantara on a Cayenne GTS and never had an wear issue even after 2 years of use. So I figured darker alcantara would be fine.
Old 08-12-2019, 05:17 PM
mallocfailure
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

I have an Alcantara steering wheel on my 2016 Cayman GTS and it shows almost no wear.
Old 08-12-2019, 05:30 PM
Sleepy996
Pro

Received 118 Likes on 56 Posts

Sport design kit makes all the difference and is often overlooked. Great build !
Old 08-12-2019, 05:32 PM
TMA
Advanced

Originally Posted by Sebvelez
What a great build! I actually really like the black painted interior parts... it’ll look like a full piano black trim. And the alcantara details look very cool. The sport design will look very nice in black as well. Very cool!
Yeah I was trying to kill the contrast between the black piano finish and the standard grey fixtures across the dash but particularly around the cup holder area in the middle. I hope the painted finishing isn’t too different IRL vs the paint black.

It also adds the door handles in a brighter less “plasticy” silver as well as that strip across the doors. Overall I think it’s an option that works best in black because when you do it with other colors it looks too garish.
Old 08-12-2019, 05:57 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,014 Posts

I think silver seat belts would compliment the colored gauges better than red belts. I also think you need more contrast in the interior. Try aluminum trim bits.

Also agree with previous poster that alcantra on the steering wheel is not appealing and that silver stitching should be optioned (you really need more contrast with your build). I prefer leather. Shiny leather is better than the feel of alcantara.

Of course, we all recognize these comments are subjective. You asked.
Old 08-12-2019, 06:04 PM
JHesketh
Racer

Received 230 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by subshooter
I think silver seat belts would compliment the colored gauges better than red belts. I also think you need more contrast in the interior. Try aluminum trim bits.

Also agree with previous poster that alcantra on the steering wheel is not appealing and that silver stitching should be optioned (you really need more contrast with your build). I prefer leather. Shiny leather is better than the feel of alcantara.

Of course, we all recognize these comments are subjective. You asked.
Originally Posted by TMA
Yeah I was trying to kill the contrast between the black piano finish and the standard grey fixtures across the dash but particularly around the cup holder area in the middle. I hope the painted finishing isn’t too different IRL vs the paint black.

It also adds the door handles in a brighter less “plasticy” silver as well as that strip across the doors. Overall I think it’s an option that works best in black because when you do it with other colors it looks too garish.

Really successful and unusual build. Do get a look at the spider wheels in real life. They are dark grey. You may ultimately opt for a painted black wheel to maintain your black on black on black theme. Love it.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on this build?