Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interior Leather Options - Considerations for long term value?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2020 | 04:34 PM
HouTexCarreraS
Pro

Originally Posted by michael818
Your response is a rather silly one and takes mine out of context.. The statement that I was respondingg to was that its would be more difficult to sell a car without leather, my response was that I never had a problem selling the last 2 911's without leather. I didn't give them away, I priced them appropriately. I hope that clarifies it for you.
When you "priced them appropriately", did you feel that you lost any value because of no leather?
Old 08-21-2020 | 05:58 PM
Metalblond
Pro

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
My guess is your husband is reading Rennlist, lol!!

If I get another one, I might skip the full leather. The standard interior looks quite nice, needs less care, and is friendlier to the environment. I read your other post about the synthetic leather - I’d do that. An eco-interior could be a big hit.
Actually, Dan, your car has Sport Tex--so you did go a bit toward eco- friendly!
No, my husband doesn't read Rennlist...lol. Although I think he is happy I can come on here and chat all about cars - and he doesn't have to hear about my car obsessions himself :-)

Last edited by Metalblond; 08-21-2020 at 06:00 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Dan Nagy (08-21-2020)
Old 08-22-2020 | 10:46 AM
michael818
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by HouTexCarreraS
When you "priced them appropriately", did you feel that you lost any value because of no leather?
I didn't feel that way at all. Leather is nice but, in my opinion, most buyers in the used market are looking for other things - service records, condition of exterior, performance options come to mind. I never even had an inquiry asking if I had leather. I think that if someone is specifically looking for the leather package you lose them as potential buyers but I don't think that it is a big factor in resale.
Metalblond (08-22-2020)
Old 08-22-2020 | 03:57 PM
Metalblond
Pro

Originally Posted by michael818
I didn't feel that way at all. Leather is nice but, in my opinion, most buyers in the used market are looking for other things - service records, condition of exterior, performance options come to mind. I never even had an inquiry asking if I had leather. I think that if someone is specifically looking for the leather package you lose them as potential buyers but I don't think that it is a big factor in resale.
Now that you say this, no one asked me about leather either...they just they wanted the car because it was beautiful and well kept. As a matter of fact, the only person who mentioned about the lack of leather on my 991.2 was an older man at a Cars and Coffee - who I kind of thought was rude when he said "too bad you don't have leather". It's too bad he didn't have manners. Then again, he didn't even have a Porsche (he had an MB--hmm....talk about pleather?)--so I just thought he was some guy who was trying to talk down to me. That's okay. I drove off and sold my beautiful 991.2 without leather without him.
The following 3 users liked this post by Metalblond:
aggie57 (08-22-2020), michael818 (08-24-2020), paddlefoot64 (08-22-2020)
Old 08-23-2020 | 02:10 PM
markchristenson
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Metalblond
It's too bad he didn't have manners.
Hahahaha—exactly!
Metalblond (08-28-2020)
Old 08-27-2020 | 02:23 PM
stealthpilot
Rennlist Member

The absence of nice leather doesn't hurt your resale value, but a well specced car will command a premium to the right buyer.

I know when I bought my CPO 911 I paid 7-10k over market for it because it had everything I wanted and I knew I wouldn't be able to find that combination for months if I passed on it. When I sold it I probably got $5k over market for the same reason.
Old 08-29-2020 | 11:50 AM
BigLoue
Advanced

Originally Posted by Suicide Jockey
+1

Huge fan of fabric/cloth seats. Leather has lost its luster (literally) for me.

With pepita, corduroy, Pasha, tartan, and plaid all hopefully/possibly making a comeback via Porsche's Heritage Design Strategy, it would be refreshing to have some alternatives to leather.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...sign-strategy/

i would love. To see these plaids and houndstooth come back. Give me a true houndstooth looks...
The following 2 users liked this post by BigLoue:
markchristenson (08-29-2020), Metalblond (08-29-2020)

Quick Reply: Interior Leather Options - Considerations for long term value?