Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Top 5 options to get in 992

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 09:45 PM
Vandakter
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

To those that are putting PDLS+ in their top 5, is it really that big of an upgrade over the standard LED lights?

I would have spec’d the matrix, but being in Canada where it’s only an auto high-beam, I don’t want to spend that much in the hopes of them activating the full Matrix functionality at a later date.
Old 06-20-2019, 11:56 AM
JHesketh
Racer

Received 230 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Vandakter
To those that are putting PDLS+ in their top 5, is it really that big of an upgrade over the standard LED lights?.
I had PDLS+ on a 991.2 and i thought it was the best headlight I’ve used. Better than S-Class, Audi and Volvo’s best. Main beam seemed to stretch to the horizon and illuminate everything. It’s also swift to react to and recover from oncoming traffic. Makes night driving fun. So yes, I want that again and have specified matrix.
Old 06-20-2019, 10:13 PM
Vandakter
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

I was under the impression that the only difference between PDLS+ and the standard lights are that the PDLS+ will point to where you’re steering. Are there any other differences?

Edit: My bad... I got confused with standard PDLS. PDLS+ are the matrix lights. Please ignore.

Last edited by Vandakter; 06-21-2019 at 06:36 AM.
Old 06-21-2019, 03:29 PM
Craigy
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Is big fuel tank now available on the US-spec cars? Still don't see it in the configurator.
Old 06-21-2019, 04:03 PM
Senna01
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by soguinness
What would be the 5 options you’d get if you only had a budget of $10k for options ? And why ? Indicate whether you have actually seen and used any of these options.

I am hoping this will help all of us who are looking to spec their cars.

I will go first:
1. Surround view - this will be my daily drive and I really don’t want to scratch the bumpers in parking lots. Not sure if the standard parking sensors would be enough...
2. GT Steering Wheel - the standard one seems terrible for a sports car. Not easy on the hands...
3. Comfort access - I can’t figure out how this is not standard. Have it on my bimmer and can’t think how ppl did without it.
4. Bose sound system - my SA claims this is a
must for resale and refuse to order one without it
5. Sports plus seats - a must in a sports cars. Standard one doesn’t look like it is good when cornering.
Having just taken delivery of a 992 Cab which replaced my 991.2 C2S, here is my top 5.

1) Rear axle steer:
I cannot tell you the difference this makes to the car. The steering becomes a precision instrument, almost surgical knife like.
I would never buy another 911 and leave this option off.

2) Surround view cameras:
The Cabriolet doesn’t offer the best visibility, the rear view is very limited as are the 3/4 views. Surround view is a must.

3) Burmester:
No self respecting audiophile would be without this. My old Bose system in my previous 991.2 sounded like two cans joined by strings compared to this.

4) Sports exhaust:
Ignore those that suggest this doesn’t make a difference to the soundtrack of the car. It absolutely does and is a must have IMO.

5) Sports Chrono:
This is a must for two reasons. Firstly, it is a performance upgrade. Secondly, your resale value will be better with it.

I will add something else. PDK, luckily this is at no extra cost (Nothing is free from Porsche since the cost of PDK has likely been fed into something else), However, this is a glorious piece of kit and those that are waiting for the manual box are either nuts or living in open countryside with zero traffic.
Having been a manual nut for decades, I would never go back to stick shift ever again. The PDK box is witchcraft, just amazing in every way.

Quick Reply: Top 5 options to get in 992