Notices
992 This Forum for the turbocharged non Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best dealership to order a 992 in California?

Old 05-16-2019, 02:26 PM
vminsf
New User

Default Best dealership to order a 992 in California?

Hello,

I'm in the Bay Area and would like to order a 911; my first call to Porsche Marin I was told no discount at all- does anyone know of a dealership nearby or in Southern California that would offer a discount? Also, how much is reasonable for a deposit? Porsche of Marin wants $5k. Thank you.
Old 05-16-2019, 02:50 PM
seanhaus
User

No one in the Bay is going to offer up a discount on a 992 unless you’ve got extensive purchase history. If you do find one... let me know :-)

That said, even if you can score one, dealers up here already have wait lists for allocations.

Personally, I’d reach out to Porsche Beverly Hills, DTLA or another high volume dealer in SoCal as they tend to get more inventory. From there, I’d explore out of state options. $5k is pretty standard for a new customer, though I’ve seen higher for “creative” builds.
Old 05-16-2019, 03:08 PM
loneregister
User

Originally Posted by seanhaus View Post
No one in the Bay is going to offer up a discount on a 992 unless you’ve got extensive purchase history. If you do find one... let me know :-)

That said, even if you can score one, dealers up here already have wait lists for allocations.

Personally, I’d reach out to Porsche Beverly Hills, DTLA or another high volume dealer in SoCal as they tend to get more inventory. From there, I’d explore out of state options. $5k is pretty standard for a new customer, though I’ve seen higher for “creative” builds.
I recently purchased my used 18 GT3 from Beverly Hills - and worked with Jeffrey Gootkin. I thought he did a good job.
Kevin
Old 05-16-2019, 06:14 PM
dj997
User

Porsche DTLA, Elvis is the man! Tell him Denny sent you.
Old 05-16-2019, 06:33 PM
slc4s
User

I've gone 3 for 3 having awful experiences with Bev Hills. Sounds like somebody above did ok but my guess is they won't discount initial deliveries of 992. This dealer is the king of ADMs.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:11 PM
visitador
Addict
Rennlist Member

Have you tried Fresno Porsche? I have seen a salesperson by the name of Sean Labonte advertise in Rennlist. Also, the owner is sometimes active in these forums
Old 05-16-2019, 10:14 PM
Sam Dickson
User

I've had good experiences with Niello Porsche in Rocklin (just east of Sac).
Old 05-16-2019, 11:07 PM
PorscheMeister42
User

Originally Posted by vminsf View Post
Hello,

I'm in the Bay Area and would like to order a 911; my first call to Porsche Marin I was told no discount at all- does anyone know of a dealership nearby or in Southern California that would offer a discount? Also, how much is reasonable for a deposit? Porsche of Marin wants $5k. Thank you.
You can go shoot for a discount...but keep in mind if you shop and buy in CA, make sure you take into account the Sales Tax due at your pick-up location. If it's higher than where you live, is it really worth it? A few thousand dollars shouldn't make too much of an impact on your ordering decision....your car is going to depreciate just like any other new car. But, whatever allows you to feel happiest.
Old 05-16-2019, 11:37 PM
Porsche Fairfield
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default I can assist

Originally Posted by vminsf View Post
Hello,

Please contact me at your convenience, I will be able to assist you .
Mauricio Sanchez
General Manager
Porsche Fairield
203-917-8618
General Manager
Old 05-17-2019, 02:04 AM
slc4s
User

Originally Posted by PorscheMeister42 View Post
You can go shoot for a discount...but keep in mind if you shop and buy in CA, make sure you take into account the Sales Tax due at your pick-up location. If it's higher than where you live, is it really worth it? A few thousand dollars shouldn't make too much of an impact on your ordering decision....your car is going to depreciate just like any other new car. But, whatever allows you to feel happiest.
You don’t pay CA sales tax if the car goes out of state...
Old 05-17-2019, 04:53 AM
stealthpilot
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by slc4s View Post
You don’t pay CA sales tax if the car goes out of state...
Exactly. I like to send my cars via Montana.
Old 05-17-2019, 12:00 PM
dj997
User

Originally Posted by Sam Dickson View Post
Really? I have had terrible experiences with Niello. I live in Sac and went to DTLA to get mine because I have found Niello doesnt discount, especially on ordered cars. Elvis at DTLA has a customer for life w me, it was a great experience and extremely fair.

Last edited by dj997; 05-17-2019 at 02:50 PM.
Old 05-17-2019, 01:35 PM
tcw495
User

Originally Posted by stealthpilot View Post
Can you explain in more detail? My dad's old boss' Ferrari had Montana tags and he said it was for tax reasons, but I never really looked into it.
Old 05-17-2019, 01:47 PM
SharkB8
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Sam Dickson View Post
+1. Talk to Jerry Christine. I've been very happy with the treatment I've received over the many years and many cars I've bought from them, including the level of discounts.
Old 05-17-2019, 01:55 PM
PorscheMeister42
User

Originally Posted by stealthpilot View Post
Ahh...you're one of those peoples.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: