Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

911 Carrera 4S GT Silver: delivered!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2019, 06:59 AM
Cautery
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 911 Carrera 4S GT Silver: delivered!

Picked up this saturday and will post more pictures this weekend.

I come from a 911.2 Targa 4. I had and have on this one as well the sport exaust and the sound is COMPLETELY different, more low and a little bit "darker". I don't know how to explain but, is different!

Have a 4S with rear steering axle and PASM: it's way more hard than my previous Targa, both in normal and sport chassis; every speedbumpers and roadholes, are felt more than I was used.

About the nubbin, you have to get used to, but is ok. The piano black, well, I will cover all with transparent ppf since the higher buttons are not touch sensitie, so the problem will fade.

You know which is the dumbest, ugly, useless and annoying thing they have made on this 992: the digital dashbord. I have GT steering wheel and I cannot absolutely see the most right and left dials, making them useless; for the other two, I can see 3/4 of them. The centered one, is ok.

I really don't know why they did such a stupid thing like that... They designed, confirmed and produced the layout without even trying it?!

p.s.: the bluetooth on my PCM was not working; the menu to turn it on was "black" and was not possible to activate it. I called Pietro to see if he had experienced the same problem, but his PCM was working good. Yesterday morning, the bluetooth decided to start working by itself and now is ok!
Old 04-02-2019, 07:27 AM
Cautery
Instructor

With these new pictures, I want to share one more complain, and see if I am the only one or if someone else, that already owns the car, is with me or not.

I purchased the "confort access" that enables to open and close the car without using the key. Unfortunately, the systems is very dumb and not confortable al all. The opening, actually is ok, since you have to put your hand under the door handle (having the key in the pocket) and it pops out, unlocking the car.

The problems come when you have to leave the car: I had an Audi and a Range Rover with this kind of system where just by easy touching the door handle, the car would locking instantly. Here in Porsche, the designer decided to complicate everything: to lock the car, you have to touch (with 1 finger) a precise part of the door handle, hoping that it feels the pressure and actually pops in the door handle, unlock the car. Two or three times I've been there still, trying to touching it without any response, that forced me to take off the key and press the close button on it. It's unbelievable how they turned such a an easy system into a nightmare!

As proof of my previous post, here my point of view of the cockpit.

And here how Porsche designers thought you had to sit to fully enjoy it:

Anyway, the car is beautiful and turns every 991/991.2 an old (but great) granny!
Old 04-02-2019, 08:18 AM
masti99
Burning Brakes

Received 106 Likes on 87 Posts

Congrats, enjoy in good health!
Old 04-02-2019, 08:57 AM
iliveoncaffiene
Burning Brakes

Received 396 Likes on 234 Posts

The couple of posts about the gauges / GT sport wheel are really turning me off from getting it - the only problem is I really want it for the increased width + thumb placements
Old 04-02-2019, 09:00 AM
Cautery
Instructor

Originally Posted by iliveoncaffiene
The couple of posts about the gauges / GT sport wheel are really turning me off from getting it - the only problem is I really want it for the increased width + thumb placements
They already knew how to handle it perfectly, but decided anyway to **** everythini up...

Old 04-02-2019, 10:11 AM
Christian S.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Cautery
You know which is the dumbest, ugly, useless and annoying thing they have made on this 992: the digital dashbord. I have GT steering wheel and I cannot absolutely see the most right and left dials, making them useless; for the other two, I can see 3/4 of them. The centered one, is ok.

I really don't know why they did such a stupid thing like that... They designed, confirmed and produced the layout without even trying it?!
If you go into Car > Control > Vehicle > Quick Access Buttons > Steering Wheel > is there an option to switch/swap/toggle the outer displays?
Old 04-02-2019, 11:34 AM
blk on blk
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Gorgeous car. Wow. I am thinking it is acting out because you have Justin Beiber on the sound system.
Old 04-02-2019, 11:43 AM
clutchplate
Three Wheelin'

Received 926 Likes on 431 Posts

Thanks for the comments. Many of us who are on the fence have been waiting for reactions from owners of these new cars. All we've had to go by until now are the press reviews which all seem tainted by "I can't believe Porsche invited me to drive this car" elation.
Old 04-02-2019, 12:12 PM
T3X4S
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 100 Posts

Congrats!

And here how Porsche designers thought you had to sit to fully enjoy it:

This pic is hilarious.
Old 04-02-2019, 12:17 PM
Wiener
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@Cautery What does your Porsche Centre actually say about your complaints about the door handle and the display in the cockpit?
Old 04-02-2019, 12:40 PM
Cautery
Instructor

Originally Posted by Wiener
@Cautery What does your Porsche Centre actually say about your complaints about the door handle and the display in the cockpit?
Tomorrow I’ll be there to check the suspensions (which seems really too hard to me and seem to have a too short run that makes you feeling the “knock” after every speed bumper) and will let them check the door handle too.

About the cockpit? There’s nothing that can be done. You can only change the informations on the 2 outside dials by putting something useless, but unfortunately that’s the layout!
Old 04-02-2019, 12:41 PM
Cautery
Instructor

Originally Posted by blk on blk
Gorgeous car. Wow. I am thinking it is acting out because you have Justin Beiber on the sound system.
Guess I had a bad timing taking the picture 🤣
Old 04-02-2019, 12:48 PM
iliveoncaffiene
Burning Brakes

Received 396 Likes on 234 Posts

Tomorrow I’ll be there to check the suspensions (which seems really too hard to me and seem to have a too short run that makes you feeling the “knock” after every speed bumper)
Wouldn't be surprised if they left in the shipping pucks on the suspension (something that should have been taken care of during pre-delivery)
Old 04-02-2019, 12:53 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Tomorrow I’ll be there to check the suspensions (which seems really too hard to me and seem to have a too short run that makes you feeling the “knock” after every speed bumper)
Your tires are probably over inflated.
Old 04-02-2019, 01:13 PM
Mechanic
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

. . . Have a 4S with rear steering axle and PASM: it's way more hard than my previous Targa, both in normal and sport chassis; every speedbump and road holes, are felt more than I was used [to] . . .:
Originally Posted by ilveoncaffiene
. . .Wouldn't be surprised if they left in the shipping pucks on the suspension (something that should have been taken care of during pre-delivery)

Cautery, I, too, am interested in your comment that your 992 feels "way more hard" than your Targa in both the normal and sport setting. Does your "PASM" have more than two setting (normal and sport), or is your PASM part of the Sport Equipment package? I ask because in the U.S., the latter has multiple settings including Sport and Sport Plus.

I'm not questioning what you're saying, but several months of YouTube comments have, almost without exception, complemented how compliant the "normal" PASM setting is. So, if you could follow-up on this after doing what "iliveoncaffiene" suggested -- determining whether the shipping pucks were removed when you car was prepared for delivery -- that would be helpful and appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: 911 Carrera 4S GT Silver: delivered!