Auto Emergency Braking and Radar Detectors

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2019, 01:22 AM
Osv
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by stealthpilot
It's in the menu.
It gets disabled automatically when turning PSM off (as well as PSM Sport) anyways. No need to fiddle around in menus while waiting in the pit lane.
Old 08-01-2019, 01:18 AM
G650
Racer

Received 243 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by limegreen
The bigger issue is not what it does to your detector but rather what it does to others around you. I had an older V1 that threw so many false warnings due to all this radar nonsense that I just gave up with using one.
I had the same problem with my V1 and sent it in for a firmware update. It costs about $90, and it will fix the false warning problem for you.
Old 08-01-2019, 03:51 PM
pelucidor
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by G650
I had the same problem with my V1 and sent it in for a firmware update. It costs about $90, and it will fix the false warning problem for you.
I had both my V1s updated end of 2018 (been a customer for over 10 years - hardwire kits, Savi, Bluetooth kit etc). They are on the latest firmware and software and still false alert on BSM like crazy - certain cars like Mazda and my Alfa have a blind spot monitoring signal that activates the V1 rear detection continuously at 3 bars (signal is your own car so cannot get away from it). After talking to Valentine a few weeks ago (no solution except to totally turn off K band - the most used police radar in PA) I went and bought a $600 Uniden R7 that also has rear detection and arrows. A vast upgrade - one setting (TSF to on) removes all my false alert headaches and and hitting Mute twice tags a location (GPS aware) as 'not a threat' so no future alerts there on that specific band/frequency. I am getting a second R7 for my 992 - anyone want to buy my V1s?

Quick Reply: Auto Emergency Braking and Radar Detectors