Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2022, 08:42 AM
Mef0006
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Surfingstephens
That does seem odd. My car showed InTransit to Emden on 1/13/22 and then it was put on the Siem Aristotle on 1/31/22. The date of it's Arrival at Emden was like 3 or4 days later, but looking at my dates someone has messed up that date and made it same as the loading on to the Siem Aristotle milestone. I am an IT guy and this whole thing has the look of people using spreadsheets to update the dates manually. Lot's of data entry errors and or late getting the updates in the system. If my car is truly loaded as it says, I have no idea why your car is still there. My car is going to Baltimore (I think) as it is then headed to a Chicago dealership. Maybe call the dealership to double check if it got on the last ship? It could have been waiting for parts as mentioned above, but I doubt that would be the case once the car arrives at the port of Emden.

My Estimate arrival date at the Dealership in Chicago is 3/4/22 right now.

Hey, possibly your car did get on the same ship (Siem Aristotle), because look, I just got the confirmation this afternoon. I would definitely have the dealer check. When they updated that it had been loaded today, they also revised all the future estimates as well for the better.
I hope it’s not waiting for parts. I’ve been in contact with my SA, but he’s not been able to provide me with details that I don’t already see in TYD. Originally he thought I would see delivery in early-mid January. The current estimates do line up with the SIEM Confucius sailing next week. Fingers crossed.
The following users liked this post:
Surfingstephens (02-09-2022)
Old 02-09-2022, 09:07 AM
Surfingstephens
Advanced

Received 77 Likes on 32 Posts

Today's update a of 7am CST. Finishing up the first cup of coffee over here. Going to be another beautiful day in Texas. Texas winters are the time to come visit. By the way, public service announcement, please do not quote this post as we don't want to repeat all the pictures. Ok here we go..

A lot is happening today in the order they are listed here. The Dionysos Leader is past the Panama Canal and on her way to San Diego. Does anyone think they have a car on there? Not positive this ship came from Emden. The Siem Confucius is on her way to Emden to pick up some Porsche's. The Siem Aristotle is well on her way to Halifax and then Baltimore(My Ship!!). The Green Ridge is on her way to Belgium, not Emden? I thought this one was on the list to pick up some Porsche's? Might just be a VW pickup? Maybe last minute change of plans as she was supposed to go to Emden? I was wondering about this yesterday because the RCC Prestige and the Green Ridge showed going to Emden only 1 day apart. Perhaps she will do a pick up at Belgium and then hop over to Emden before leaving? The Glovis Sonic continues her agonizingly slow trip to the west coast. I feel sorry for the West Coast folks, a very long journey. Hmm... could be better to buy a Porsche on the East Coast and then have it trucked over to the West? The Felicity Ace is still at the Port of Emden picking up the next load of cars, but I suspect she will leave today. It appears the next ship planned to land in Emden is the RCC Prestige, but she has not yet left port at her current location. The last two pics are the "Fleet View" and the latest Sailing Schedule I am aware of. Have a great day!

Last edited by Surfingstephens; 02-09-2022 at 09:51 AM.
thigos (02-09-2022)
Old 02-09-2022, 09:08 AM
Fullyield
Drifting

Received 1,442 Likes on 911 Posts

Originally Posted by Mef0006
I hope it’s not waiting for parts. I’ve been in contact with my SA, but he’s not been able to provide me with details that I don’t already see in TYD. Originally he thought I would see delivery in early-mid January. The current estimates do line up with the SIEM Confucius sailing next week. Fingers crossed.
If it needed parts, it would not have left the factory where the missing parts can be installed. If it is at Embden, it is ready to be loaded and shipped.
Old 02-09-2022, 12:50 PM
thigos
Rennlist Member

Received 345 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by wiggie
FYI, according to TYD my new 992 is being loaded on a ship today, which would have to be Felicity Ace, only one in port. Manufacturing was completed last Saturday, 2/5. Destination is San Diego then Arizona. Hope TYD is correct, but after reading the posts, I'm a bit suspicious of the tracking....comments?
According to the ship schedules, unfortunately Felicity Ace is not going to the west coast.
Old 02-09-2022, 01:01 PM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Received 1,798 Likes on 972 Posts

Today's update a of 7am CST. Finishing up the first cup of coffee over here. Going to be another beautiful day in Texas. Texas winters are the time to come visit. By the way, public service announcement, please do not quote this post as we don't want to repeat all the pictures. Ok here we go..

A lot is happening today in the order they are listed here. The Dionysos Leader is past the Panama Canal and on her way to San Diego. Does anyone think they have a car on there? Not positive this ship came from Emden. The Siem Confucius is on her way to Emden to pick up some Porsche's. The Siem Aristotle is well on her way to Halifax and then Baltimore(My Ship!!). The Green Ridge is on her way to Belgium, not Emden? I thought this one was on the list to pick up some Porsche's? Might just be a VW pickup? Maybe last minute change of plans as she was supposed to go to Emden? I was wondering about this yesterday because the RCC Prestige and the Green Ridge showed going to Emden only 1 day apart. Perhaps she will do a pick up at Belgium and then hop over to Emden before leaving? The Glovis Sonic continues her agonizingly slow trip to the west coast. I feel sorry for the West Coast folks, a very long journey. Hmm... could be better to buy a Porsche on the East Coast and then have it trucked over to the West? The Felicity Ace is still at the Port of Emden picking up the next load of cars, but I suspect she will leave today. It appears the next ship planned to land in Emden is the RCC Prestige, but she has not yet left port at her current location. The last two pics are the "Fleet View" and the latest Sailing Schedule I am aware of. Have a great day!

Any update on the Glovis Sigma?
Old 02-09-2022, 08:26 PM
Surfingstephens
Advanced

The Glovis Sigma is headed to the United Kingdom. Due to arrive Feb 14th.

Old 02-09-2022, 08:49 PM
clooloss
Instructor

Received 152 Likes on 57 Posts

12 hours until my ship docks in San Diego. It’s been a long wait…

M3Inline6 (02-09-2022)
Old 02-09-2022, 09:26 PM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Received 1,798 Likes on 972 Posts

The Glovis Sigma is headed to the United Kingdom. Due to arrive Feb 14th.

Does tracking show if it is heading to Emden after leaving the UK?
Old 02-10-2022, 08:33 AM
Surfingstephens
Advanced

Originally Posted by M3Inline6
Does tracking show if it is heading to Emden after leaving the UK?
The tracking software only shows the next port of call, but nothing beyond that unfortunately.
Old 02-10-2022, 08:45 AM
Surfingstephens
Advanced

Good Morning All! It's 6:30am CST and here are today's updates. Thought I would try and get the sailing schedule first. What I have seen is that the sailing schedule can change a fair amount over time. This is the latest one I have seen lately, if anyone sees a newer one let me know, because I have no idea who puts these out etc. The Felicity Ace continues to hang out in the Emden port. Would of thought she would sail yesterday, but still there as of this morning. The Siem Confucious is on her way and due in Emden on Feb. 18th. The Siem Aristotle continues on her trip to Halifax and then Baltimore. The Green Ridge is on her way into Belgium. It remains to be seen if she then hops over to Emden as the sail schedule shows or disappoints us. The Glovis Sonic must have some favorable weather or current as she is over 17 knots this morning on her way to Columbia and then Southern Cali. The last picture is the "fleet view" you can see all the ships and where they are currently or where they are going if they are underway. RCC Prestige sailing schedule shows it should be in Emden in 4 days, but the ship is still moored in Spain! Looking unlikely it will arrive on time.

Added in the Glovis Sigma, also NOT bound for Emden? Headed to the United Kingdom. Think it is time to look for a new sailing schedule. Maybe there is an issue at the Port of Emden? I say that because two ships are going to other ports than Emden (Green Ridge,Glovis Sigma) and the Felicty Ace is staying in port longer than expected. Just thinking out loud.

Last edited by Surfingstephens; 02-10-2022 at 09:35 AM.
M3Inline6 (02-10-2022)
Old 02-10-2022, 09:07 AM
vrae2009
Advanced

Received 63 Likes on 26 Posts

The original version of this spreadsheet was posted this morning in the 992 GT3 and GT2RS Forum. Thread is called "Shipping schedule Emden - USA" if you want the original.
I took a few minutes to clean it up for relevance on this forum.
The big change I saw is that there's already another ship headed to San Diego: CENTAURUS LEADER that left Emden on Feb 5:

The Canada/East coast schedule doesn't look a lot different from the one posted before, but here's a screen grab anyway:

Attached Files
File Type: xlsx
Emden-to-NA-Feb10.xlsx (24.6 KB, 40 views)

Last edited by vrae2009; 02-10-2022 at 09:09 AM.
M3Inline6 (02-10-2022)
Old 02-10-2022, 09:27 AM
Surfingstephens
Advanced

Thanks! I will save this for tomorrow. Here is the Centaurus Leader. Also here is the Dionwysos Leader, was supposed to go into San Diego, but is now headed to Long Beach. Hey... Not sure what to make of the Centaurus Leader? It shows it left Japan and is headed for the Panama Canal, so it was not in Emden as the sailing schedule is saying.

Last edited by Surfingstephens; 02-10-2022 at 09:31 AM.
M3Inline6 (02-10-2022)
Old 02-10-2022, 09:35 AM
vrae2009
Advanced

Received 63 Likes on 26 Posts

I'm not sure what to make of the latest update. It does seem a bit confused! :-)
Old 02-10-2022, 09:39 AM
Surfingstephens
Advanced

Agree, the spreadsheets are less than perfect as they are only correct the moment they are created and then of course things change every day.
Old 02-10-2022, 11:27 AM
dukehoops02
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default For those whose cars are on Glovis Sonic, what does TYD say?

My TYD still says car in Emden. Wondering if that is accurate or there is a chance it was actually shipped off on Glovis Sonic and TYD is late… thanks!

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!