Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2021, 11:17 PM
spree0105
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First Porsche --- ordered in Feb 2020 and finally on Siem Confucius -- is it true if you track the ship every hour it will get here faster??

Old 07-03-2021, 01:38 AM
AlterZgo
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,966 Likes on 798 Posts

Originally Posted by spree0105
First Porsche --- ordered in Feb 2020 and finally on Siem Confucius -- is it true if you track the ship every hour it will get here faster??
No. Each time you track the ship, the captain has to stop and go send out a google carrier pigeon to let you know where the ship is at... so it actually slows down the ship.
The following 2 users liked this post by AlterZgo:
WS911 (07-03-2021), Yojeffo (07-03-2021)
Old 07-03-2021, 09:24 AM
WS911
Track Day

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by achilleas101
ugh.. yeah my dealer requires ceramic coating. I was pretty pissed about it. I mean I am interested in the coating but at $500 more than most places around here, I would have put up a fight.. if it weren't for the fact that it was the only allocation available for months from any of the 7 places I called. So I sucked it up.
Originally Posted by SFAVGUY
Mine got on the boat a couple days ago but finally updated today to step 3….got the front shot though, oh well, should have the car by end of the month.

that green is amazing!
Old 07-03-2021, 10:27 AM
Austin111
AutoX

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Anti-Theft "Porsche Vehicle Tracking System" USA

My 911 992 Carrera S is arriving in RI in a few days. I am sending it out for full XPEL PPF which will take 7 to 10 days at an installers facility in NJ ( Car boosting Capital of the Universe ). I want a method of monitoring the car while it is at his site. Did it leave the area? Is it picking up pizza for the crew? Is it joyriding? or is it being put on a container ship in Newark NJ bound for Dubai?
I see threads on PVTS but it appears to be European geo-area.
I can install a Verizon Connect GPS fleet mgmt. dongle in the OBD2 port ($23/mth 3yr contact) and monitor it (will alert me if removed and thrown out the window) or I can install (1990's technology) LoJack if PVTS is not available.
My SA referred me to page 175 of the 911 992 manual which seems generic at best.
IF anyone knows about PVTS in the USA; I have a few questions:
Is it LoJack repackaged under a Porsche Product Feature?
Is it just a simple vehicle tracker that is already occupying the OBD2 port (thus making the Verizon Connect dongle useless)?
Thanking you all in advance for any information. (I enjoy the "bash NJ comments" but please hold off till I find out about PVTS in the USA first")
Cheers Austin
Old 07-03-2021, 11:20 AM
formisano
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Austin111
My 911 992 Carrera S is arriving in RI in a few days. I am sending it out for full XPEL PPF which will take 7 to 10 days at an installers facility in NJ ( Car boosting Capital of the Universe ). I want a method of monitoring the car while it is at his site. Did it leave the area? Is it picking up pizza for the crew? Is it joyriding? or is it being put on a container ship in Newark NJ bound for Dubai?
I see threads on PVTS but it appears to be European geo-area.
I can install a Verizon Connect GPS fleet mgmt. dongle in the OBD2 port ($23/mth 3yr contact) and monitor it (will alert me if removed and thrown out the window) or I can install (1990's technology) LoJack if PVTS is not available.
My SA referred me to page 175 of the 911 992 manual which seems generic at best.
IF anyone knows about PVTS in the USA; I have a few questions:
Is it LoJack repackaged under a Porsche Product Feature?
Is it just a simple vehicle tracker that is already occupying the OBD2 port (thus making the Verizon Connect dongle useless)?
Thanking you all in advance for any information. (I enjoy the "bash NJ comments" but please hold off till I find out about PVTS in the USA first")
Cheers Austin
If you're an Apple user, you can keep an AirTag somewhere in the car.
The following users liked this post:
c1pher (07-03-2021)
Old 07-03-2021, 11:40 AM
bluelines1974
Rennlist Member

Received 408 Likes on 215 Posts

Just placed my GTS order yesterday, so I'm right at the beginning of the process. On the plus side, I'm just waiting for my newly-purchased 2012 997.2 GTS 4 manual to make it over the border, so it will tide me over.

I loaded it up quite a bit. Not 100% on the graphite blue interior, but I wanted something other than black, and from what I can tell it's pretty subtle. The black / bordeaux on my 991 was nice but a bit in your face.

RWD, RAS, manual, and chalk with painted sideskirts and engine cover, like my 991.2, but this time I'll have the vented 18-ways and carbon trim, which I would have liked on my 991.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNWUBBC7
VFanz (07-05-2021)
Old 07-03-2021, 01:34 PM
Albechow
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by bluelines1974
Just placed my GTS order yesterday, so I'm right at the beginning of the process. On the plus side, I'm just waiting for my newly-purchased 2012 997.2 GTS 4 manual to make it over the border, so it will tide me over.

I loaded it up quite a bit. Not 100% on the graphite blue interior, but I wanted something other than black, and from what I can tell it's pretty subtle. The black / bordeaux on my 991 was nice but a bit in your face.

RWD, RAS, manual, and chalk with painted sideskirts and engine cover, like my 991.2, but this time I'll have the vented 18-ways and carbon trim, which I would have liked on my 991.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNWUBBC7
VERY NICE BUILD!
Just wondering when did you put a deposit to line up for the GTS slots, and how long did it take for your SA to confirm your build?
I’m apparently 6th in-line waiting for the T4GTS, and I’m considering if I should switch to GTS coupe instead since there’s a shorter wait line.
Thanks
Old 07-03-2021, 02:14 PM
bluelines1974
Rennlist Member

Received 408 Likes on 215 Posts

Thanks. I'm actually not 100% on how it all works, since I've never done a new order from an authorized dealer before (I got my 991 through a broker). They just took my order, took a $5k deposit, and said they get allocations once they send their orders in to Porsche Canada, but that might be specific to the Canadian market. Their estimate is late spring of 2022 for when I'll get the car.

Originally Posted by Albechow
VERY NICE BUILD!
Just wondering when did you put a deposit to line up for the GTS slots, and how long did it take for your SA to confirm your build?
I’m apparently 6th in-line waiting for the T4GTS, and I’m considering if I should switch to GTS coupe instead since there’s a shorter wait line.
Thanks
Old 07-03-2021, 02:18 PM
Albechow
Instructor

Originally Posted by bluelines1974
Thanks. I'm actually not 100% on how it all works, since I've never done a new order from an authorized dealer before (I got my 991 through a broker). They just took my order, took a $5k deposit, and said they get allocations once they send their orders in to Porsche Canada, but that might be specific to the Canadian market. Their estimate is late spring of 2022 for when I'll get the car.
Nice! I’m from Toronto, Canada!
which part are you from?
I’m still patiently waiting for a slot so I can firm up a build
Wish me luck !
Old 07-03-2021, 03:00 PM
thomd
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts

Ordered my last night. 911 Cabriolet, Chalk/Slate. My local dealer did not have an allocation, but emailing around I found one and had it ordered in about an hour. SUPER excited! This will be by 4th Porsche, but first 911 and first custom build.

I have seen a printout from the dealer, that shows my name on the Build Sheet, Vehicle Status of V200 and a Comm number at the bottom, so I am pretty sure I am good to go. How do I access the "Track My Porsche"? Should it just show up in in "My Porsche" on the Porsche website?
Old 07-03-2021, 03:38 PM
Albechow
Instructor

Originally Posted by thomd
Ordered my last night. 911 Cabriolet, Chalk/Slate. My local dealer did not have an allocation, but emailing around I found one and had it ordered in about an hour. SUPER excited! This will be by 4th Porsche, but first 911 and first custom build.

I have seen a printout from the dealer, that shows my name on the Build Sheet, Vehicle Status of V200 and a Comm number at the bottom, so I am pretty sure I am good to go. How do I access the "Track My Porsche"? Should it just show up in in "My Porsche" on the Porsche website?
o wow congratulations!
just to confirm did you order a Cab GTS?
where are you from?
I’m from Canada so I guess there’s less slots available for us here

Old 07-03-2021, 03:45 PM
thomd
Advanced

o wow congratulations!
just to confirm did you order a Cab GTS?
where are you from?
I’m from Canada so I guess there’s less slots available for us here
I'm in Texas. I emailed about 12 dealers and got 2 back with allocations they were offering. I picked the one who gave me a couple thousand off because I am a repeat client.

No, base 911 Cab. GTS is out of my budget.

Someone suggested in another thread that I could find a dealer anywhere and pick the Delivery Experience to pick up the car in Atlanta. If I had to search further away to find the allocation, I was considering this option.
Albechow (07-03-2021)
Old 07-03-2021, 03:47 PM
Albechow
Instructor

Originally Posted by thomd
I'm in Texas. I emailed about 12 dealers and got 2 back with allocations they were offering. I picked the one who gave me a couple thousand off because I am a repeat client.

No, base 911 Cab. GTS is out of my budget.

Someone suggested in another thread that I could find a dealer anywhere and pick the Delivery Experience to pick up the car in Atlanta. If I had to search further away to find the allocation, I was considering this option.
O that’s awesome!
I wasn’t able to find a GTS slot available anywhere hence I thought you were able to find one!
when’s your estimated time arrival of your cab?
Old 07-03-2021, 05:06 PM
thomd
Advanced

O that’s awesome!
I wasn’t able to find a GTS slot available anywhere hence I thought you were able to find one!
when’s your estimated time arrival of your cab?
I am told it's a "September allocation" with delivery end of November or early December. Based on what I have read, that sounds like a September cut-off and an October build. I have not gotten my email from Porsche NA so see al these dates for real. Hoping I will get that next week?
Old 07-03-2021, 07:18 PM
Daddeo
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

I see that the Grand Sapphire has left Emden - ETA San Diego July 23 to July 27th. TYD shows my car on the Grand Sapphire and then sitting in San Diego for nearly 30 days.

Is this the TPMS/Microchip wait or something else? Are cars still being held in port for this?

Last edited by Daddeo; 07-03-2021 at 07:24 PM.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!