Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992 in Crayon

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 01:05 AM
FactoryMatt
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

why did they devolve the drive mode **** into something so generic looking? no more LEDs and the font makes it look like an amusement park control.

Old 01-09-2019, 04:01 AM
MacAna
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by FactoryMatt
why did they devolve the drive mode **** into something so generic looking? no more LEDs and the font makes it look like an amusement park control.

Yup... I find this very disappointing.
Old 01-09-2019, 01:25 PM
GTS01
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I too am not a fan of much in the new interior.

What I really do not like are the fake pipes on the rear. These are exhaust outlets and not part of the actual exhaust system.

I have yet to see individuals start to complain about the GPS-actuated speed limiting. It will actually govern your speed and rpm range in selected geographic areas. What's with this Porsche? Really...a speed limited Porsche. Welcome to the the brave new world of 992.
Old 01-09-2019, 10:49 PM
Freddie Two Bs
Drifting

Received 462 Likes on 294 Posts

Originally Posted by GTS01
I have yet to see individuals start to complain about the GPS-actuated speed limiting. It will actually govern your speed and rpm range in selected geographic areas. What's with this Porsche? Really...a speed limited Porsche. Welcome to the the brave new world of 992.
In my view, not as bad as the audio sensors in the wheel well that if they hear "splash, splash" they castrate the car so the poor bozo driving it doesn't kill himself by stomping too hard on the throttle. That's the biggest piece of bull**** ever I think.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:32 PM
slc4s
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,182 Likes on 597 Posts

If you pay attention “wet mode” doesn’t auto engage. If the sensors here splash splash you’ll get a pop up asking if you want to engage...
i actually think the hype around wet mode is idiotic and unneeded but it’s not an invasive feature.
Originally Posted by rick brooklyn
In my view, not as bad as the audio sensors in the wheel well that if they hear "splash, splash" they castrate the car so the poor bozo driving it doesn't kill himself by stomping too hard on the throttle. That's the biggest piece of bull**** ever I think.
Old 01-10-2019, 01:26 PM
Rocket_boy
Burning Brakes

Received 326 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by JMartinni
Or you could stop being so childish and accept that different people have different tastes and that there are people which like the design of the 992. I like it - more than the Sport Design package one - just as much as I like previous generations of 911s and I see no issue with it being shown. Deal with it.
LOL,....looks like some nerves were hit

Quick Reply: 992 in Crayon