992 in Crayon - Page 2 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
992 This Forum for the turbocharged non Turbo 911

992 in Crayon

Old 01-09-2019, 02:05 AM
FactoryMatt
Addict
Rennlist Member

why did they devolve the drive mode **** into something so generic looking? no more LEDs and the font makes it look like an amusement park control.

Old 01-09-2019, 05:01 AM
MacAna
User

Originally Posted by FactoryMatt View Post
why did they devolve the drive mode **** into something so generic looking? no more LEDs and the font makes it look like an amusement park control.

Yup... I find this very disappointing.
Old 01-09-2019, 02:25 PM
GTS01
User

I too am not a fan of much in the new interior.

What I really do not like are the fake pipes on the rear. These are exhaust outlets and not part of the actual exhaust system.

I have yet to see individuals start to complain about the GPS-actuated speed limiting. It will actually govern your speed and rpm range in selected geographic areas. What's with this Porsche? Really...a speed limited Porsche. Welcome to the the brave new world of 992.
Old 01-09-2019, 11:49 PM
rick brooklyn
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GTS01 View Post
I have yet to see individuals start to complain about the GPS-actuated speed limiting. It will actually govern your speed and rpm range in selected geographic areas. What's with this Porsche? Really...a speed limited Porsche. Welcome to the the brave new world of 992.
In my view, not as bad as the audio sensors in the wheel well that if they hear "splash, splash" they castrate the car so the poor bozo driving it doesn't kill himself by stomping too hard on the throttle. That's the biggest piece of bull**** ever I think.
Old 01-10-2019, 01:32 PM
slc4s
User

If you pay attention “wet mode” doesn’t auto engage. If the sensors here splash splash you’ll get a pop up asking if you want to engage...
i actually think the hype around wet mode is idiotic and unneeded but it’s not an invasive feature.
Originally Posted by rick brooklyn View Post
In my view, not as bad as the audio sensors in the wheel well that if they hear "splash, splash" they castrate the car so the poor bozo driving it doesn't kill himself by stomping too hard on the throttle. That's the biggest piece of bull**** ever I think.
Old 01-10-2019, 02:26 PM
Rocket_boy
User

Originally Posted by JMartinni View Post
Or you could stop being so childish and accept that different people have different tastes and that there are people which like the design of the 992. I like it - more than the Sport Design package one - just as much as I like previous generations of 911s and I see no issue with it being shown. Deal with it.
LOL,....looks like some nerves were hit

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: