Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   992 (https://rennlist.com/forums/992-245/)
-   -   992 in Crayon (https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1122641-992-in-crayon.html)

darkknight26 01-06-2019 06:31 PM

992 in Crayon

Rocket_boy 01-06-2019 09:34 PM

They need to stop showing this thing without the sport design package at least. The beetle front, black plastic in back and the very ugly standard side mirrors are just not that flattering,.....no matter what color.

Bring on the full SD treatment (including mirrors) and then show it.

I just had to laugh out loud when he starting fiddlin' with the nubbin.....just so wrong in a 911.

OHWHATDA 01-06-2019 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Rocket_boy (Post 15546575)
They need to stop showing this thing without the sport design package at least. The beetle front, black plastic in back and the very ugly standard side mirrors are just not that flattering,.....no matter what color.

I just had to laugh out loud when he starting fiddlin' with the nubbin.....just so wrong in a 911.

Or maybe you should stop posting on the forum of a car you clearly dislike? SD package is just a $5K option to make the car look like a 991.2. Maybe just buy a 991.2 and go away? You’ll save yourself a lot of money that way.

Psorcery 01-06-2019 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by OHWHATDA (Post 15546753)

Or maybe you should stop posting on the forum of a car you clearly dislike? SD package is just a $5K option to make the car look like a 991.2. Maybe just buy a 991.2 and go away? You’ll save yourself a lot of money that way.

Do you snap on people in every thread?

https://img.memecdn.com/calm-down-bro_o_21245.jpg

OHWHATDA 01-07-2019 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by Psorcery (Post 15546833)
Do you snap on people in every thread?

https://img.memecdn.com/calm-down-bro_o_21245.jpg

It gets tiring when you come to a forum to learn about a car you plan to buy and every other post is people hating on it and saying it's ugly. That's great and everyone is entitled to their opinion, but the rampant negativity in every thread is just stifling all real discussion. If someone doesn't like a car, why spend all your time bashing it in the 992 forum? Just don't buy it if you don't like the car and move on? There's plenty of people here who are planning to a buy a 992 and would like to post content and discuss the car without having to see "LOL NUBBIN" in every thread.

darkknight26 01-07-2019 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by OHWHATDA (Post 15547073)
It gets tiring when you come to a forum to learn about a car you plan to buy and every other post is people hating on it and saying it's ugly. That's great and everyone is entitled to their opinion, but the rampant negativity in every thread is just stifling all real discussion. If someone doesn't like a car, why spend all your time bashing it in the 992 forum? Just don't buy it if you don't like the car and move on? There's plenty of people here who are planning to a buy a 992 and would like to post content and discuss the car without having to see "LOL NUBBIN" in every thread.

I just ignore the negative posts.
The point of this thread is to discuss the the colour which I’m quite interested in at the moment along with Carmine Red, Dolomite Silver, GT Silver and gentian blue(possibly). Current 991.24S is Agate grey. This is the only Crayon video I’ve come across and thought it would be useful to those with having a colour conundrum prior to order. Have not seen the car or colour in the metal so would be useful to have opinions from Chalk/Crayon owners of previous gens.

Cautery 01-07-2019 07:45 AM

Hey look, a 992 in Miami Blue with SD package! Coooooool!

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...0130c611db.jpg

Mechanic 01-07-2019 07:57 AM

Deleted.

ST BERNARD 01-07-2019 09:33 AM

It’s interesting that You Tube has well over 100 reviews of the 992 by the Press and very few if any are negative. Yes there are some negative comments about certain items but the overall individual reviews are very positive. Most so called experts see the 992 as a natural progression just like previous Models.

rockrdude 01-07-2019 11:39 AM

I like the way it looks. the nub is the only thing that I question, other than that I find the car looks very clean even in this ''non sport design'' way. They nailed it.

chuckbdc 01-07-2019 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by darkknight26 (Post 15547142)

I just ignore the negative posts.
The point of this thread is to discuss the the colour which I’m quite interested in at the moment along with Carmine Red, Dolomite Silver, GT Silver and gentian blue(possibly). Current 991.24S is Agate grey. This is the only Crayon video I’ve come across and thought it would be useful to those with having a colour conundrum prior to order. Have not seen the car or colour in the metal so would be useful to have opinions from Chalk/Crayon owners of previous gens.

Yup Don't feed the trolls.

Benedict14 01-07-2019 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by ST BERNARD (Post 15547313)
It’s interesting that You Tube has well over 100 reviews of the 992 by the Press and very few if any are negative. Yes there are some negative comments about certain items but the overall individual reviews are very positive. Most so called experts see the 992 as a natural progression just like previous Models.

I’m assuming a certain level of perceptiveness on your part when I say this - do you think that any of those reviewers would ever see a Porsche again if they said what they were thinking, and it wasn’t gushing ? How many of them have actually driven the car yet (honest question) ?

It’s a Porsche 911, and it’s going to drive like one - ie. excellent. It’s also the second ugliest 911 that I’ve ever seen (barely). I don’t enjoy watching a designer attempt to sell me on what is obviously an incoherent botched evolution, both inside and out. That irritates me. In the same way as watching a politician lie to me every day. It assumes that we’re ignorant or blind. If I could paraphrase their marketing it would be this - ‘They’d buy this car even if I stood in the middle of 5th Avenue and shot someone’. They assume we’re idiots.

This is the Porsche equivalent of BMW and Chris Bangle.

rockrdude 01-07-2019 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Benedict14 (Post 15548007)

I’m assuming a certain level of perceptiveness on your part when I say this - do you think that any of those reviewers would ever see a Porsche again if they said what they were thinking, and it wasn’t gushing ? How many of them have actually driven the car yet (honest question) ?

It’s a Porsche 911, and it’s going to drive like one - ie. excellent. It’s also the second ugliest 911 that I’ve ever seen (barely). I don’t enjoy watching a designer attempt to sell me on what is obviously an incoherent botched evolution, both inside and out. That irritates me. In the same way as watching a politician lie to me every day. It assumes that we’re ignorant or blind. If I could paraphrase their marketing it would be this - ‘They’d buy this car even if I stood in the middle of 5th Avenue and shot someone’. They assume we’re idiots.

This is the Porsche equivalent of BMW and Chris Bangle.

So you're comparing the 992 to this? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...11b163d244.jpg

mallocfailure 01-07-2019 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by OHWHATDA (Post 15547073)

I've actually stopped visiting this forum nearly as much as I used to - although I plan to buy a 992 at some point, I am sick of same jerks constantly crapping up every thread with the same negative comments.

JMartinni 01-07-2019 08:47 PM

Or you could stop being so childish and accept that different people have different tastes and that there are people which like the design of the 992. I like it - more than the Sport Design package one - just as much as I like previous generations of 911s and I see no issue with it being shown. Deal with it.