Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Configurator Discussion and Fun

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 03:06 AM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,688 Likes on 1,426 Posts

That front sports fascia will sell well. But more money to make it look like the outgoing series. Mmmmm. Personally the rear works for me. It makes the rear visually narrower which is good considering the now standard wide body.
Old 12-12-2018, 04:23 AM
erik_plus8
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 40 Posts

That answers my question of where the GT3 exhausts will be placed. They made a new rear bumper where license plate recess moved... Wow.
Old 12-12-2018, 11:19 AM
darkknight26
Racer

Received 185 Likes on 71 Posts

coloured dials have appeared on the US configurator as well as delivery options...
Old 12-12-2018, 11:50 AM
darkknight26
Racer

Received 185 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by aggie57
That front sports fascia will sell well. But more money to make it look like the outgoing series. Mmmmm. Personally the rear works for me. It makes the rear visually narrower which is good considering the now standard wide body.
I concur. Very clever of Porsche to add what should have been the standard front fascia for more ££££ - the car looks miles better. We shouldn't be surprised considering Alacantra roof lining when from a no cost option to £800!
Old 12-13-2018, 10:04 AM
jason1st
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So many posts explaining how "one only needs $15K in options and the rest is a waste"....... also so many threads started discussing each option available on the configurator. Every one I read convinces me that "I cannot live without that option". I never thought I'd want full leather until I read the Full Leather thread. I never thought I'd want Rear Wheel Steering til I read the Rear Wheel Steering thread. Now I have to add PCCB.

My C4S is coming in close to $200K. Ha.
Old 12-18-2018, 05:26 AM
K-A
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by paxton
Sport Design Package now available - front looks like a 991, not digging the rear.

LOL. Looks like a boxier, more nondescript version of a 991.1 front, with some 981 Cayman and 982 Cayman thrown in. Then you got the rest of the car, minus the rear, that looks nearly identical to said 991.

Owning a 991.1 is like the gift that keeps on giving.
Old 01-20-2019, 05:16 PM
bkkchris
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Getting close to ordering my first 911! Anyone have any good images of the standard interior trim? Trying to get an idea of what the standard trim looks like versus springing for the brushed aluminum option. Also any thoughts on the LCA option on 911's? I have it on my Macan GTS and its nice and somewhat useful, but not sure its so nice to have as a $1060 option!
Old 01-20-2019, 11:55 PM
guidoq
7th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by darkknight26
coloured dials have appeared on the US configurator as well as delivery options...
Not Luxor Beige for some reason.
Old 01-20-2019, 11:57 PM
guidoq
7th Gear

I dislike the (plastic?) backs to the seats when you select 18 way seats. Wish they would introduce leather backs to the seats like the 991 had.
Old 01-21-2019, 01:35 AM
Northquest
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by guidoq
I dislike the (plastic?) backs to the seats when you select 18 way seats. Wish they would introduce leather backs to the seats like the 991 had.
Chose the cab, pick wood inserts and you’ll get a wooden seat back...
Old 01-21-2019, 01:50 AM
guidoq
7th Gear

Originally Posted by Northquest

Chose the cab, pick wood inserts and you’ll get a wooden seat back...
Are you sure? From the description...

"Dashboard trim strips, door panel trim strips, and center console trim in dark open-porous Paldao"

Doesn't mention seats. You can only see the top of the back of the seat in the configurator and it doesn't show wood there when it is selected. I have seen photos of the wood backs but I suspect/worry it is an additional option they haven't added yet.
Old 01-21-2019, 03:32 AM
Northquest
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by guidoq
Are you sure? From the description...

"Dashboard trim strips, door panel trim strips, and center console trim in dark open-porous Paldao"

Doesn't mention seats. You can only see the top of the back of the seat in the configurator and it doesn't show wood there when it is selected. I have seen photos of the wood backs but I suspect/worry it is an additional option they haven't added yet.
Yes, picture I refer to. My dealer had also seen it, but didn’t know more.
Old 01-21-2019, 03:08 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,277 Likes on 597 Posts

This* is probably how I'd configure a 992S were I ordering one tomorrow—based on my experience in Spain, with cost no object:

PL2JUSF3
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL2JUSF3

(Sorry for no screen shots, but once again RL is blocking image uploads. They all show 100% in place, but when you hit upload, nothing happens. Lost a lot of time to this with my first report on the 992 from Hockenheim. Any suggestions?)

Night Blue with big silver wheels because it works in the latest Christophorus and I feel dark colors work well on the new car. The blue interior because this is a very nice blue, and a friend's triple blue Carrera 3.2 Turbo Look Cabriolet left a lasting impression on me years ago. Sport Design Pack because it addresses some things I don't love with the new bumpers—particularly the rear license plate location. If it got rid of more of the black down low, I'd almost go for a lighter color. Like Aventurine on something else, possibly a green interior. Then again, I might be okay with the standard bumpers in Night Blue, and they would certainly save some money. Need to see some 992s in the wild. Wood interior trim because, well, it's the first time I've ever spec'd that and I did so because THIS non-glossy wood looked great to these eyes and plays up the tach's clear connection to the original 901. A lot of performance options, and while I'd normally go for the black calipers with PCCB, I think the yellow words with both Night Blue and the big silver wheels. Of course, my ideal car would be a manual, and I'd wait for it. I'd also be looking for a way to add leather to the center console. And I'm sure there are still some options not yet listed…

And, when it finally arrived, I'd be tempted to tint the third brake light and maybe look into having Hollywood paint the outer taillights with clear red. Wonder if that could be done?

*Subject to change, of course. I mean, the perfect configuration is always evolving, isn't it?
Old 01-21-2019, 04:03 PM
Benedict14
Burning Brakes

Received 291 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by stout
This* is probably how I'd configure a 992S were I ordering one tomorrow—based on my experience in Spain, with cost no object:

PL2JUSF3
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL2JUSF3

(Sorry for no screen shots, but once again RL is blocking image uploads. They all show 100% in place, but when you hit upload, nothing happens. Lost a lot of time to this with my first report on the 992 from Hockenheim. Any suggestions?)

Night Blue with big silver wheels because it works in the latest Christophorus and I feel dark colors work well on the new car. The blue interior because this is a very nice blue, and a friend's triple blue Carrera 3.2 Turbo Look Cabriolet left a lasting impression on me years ago. Sport Design Pack because it addresses some things I don't love with the new bumpers—particularly the rear license plate location. If it got rid of more of the black down low, I'd almost go for a lighter color. Like Aventurine on something else, possibly a green interior. Then again, I might be okay with the standard bumpers in Night Blue, and they would certainly save some money. Need to see some 992s in the wild. Wood interior trim because, well, it's the first time I've ever spec'd that and I did so because THIS non-glossy wood looked great to these eyes and plays up the tach's clear connection to the original 901. A lot of performance options, and while I'd normally go for the black calipers with PCCB, I think the yellow words with both Night Blue and the big silver wheels. Of course, my ideal car would be a manual, and I'd wait for it. I'd also be looking for a way to add leather to the center console. And I'm sure there are still some options not yet listed…

And, when it finally arrived, I'd be tempted to tint the third brake light and maybe look into having Hollywood paint the outer taillights with clear red. Wonder if that could be done?

*Subject to change, of course. I mean, the perfect configuration is always evolving, isn't it?
Interesting point regarding the Sport Design on the rear - The dark color paint almost negates the odd shape of the lower rear painted section. The idea of tinting the third brake light is clever, and a shame that it needs to be done. Enjoyed reading your writing.

BTW - Uploading seems to work for me on an iPad using safari from iPhoto’s.

Last edited by Benedict14; 01-21-2019 at 04:37 PM.
Old 01-21-2019, 10:17 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,277 Likes on 597 Posts

Originally Posted by paxton
Sport Design Package now available - front looks like a 991, not digging the rear.

Anyone have the skills to tint the third brake light black and then "red" the outer taillights and maybe lightly tint the light bar to match?

Would like to see a 992 with red taillights (even if dark red) and less third brake light....

Been playing with the configurator, and also prefer model designation delete and PORSCHE in black. As for the Sport Design pack, I dig it this time around, and wonder if Porsche will make it possible to add more body color at the bottom of the rear bumper in time—to match the body color at the bottom of the standard bumper. Might help with the "L"s. Not sure if this has been reported yet, but the mirrors were supposed to be all body color with only a black "spear" in the middle of the front separating top and bottom, but this was changed to black bottoms. The original setup will be available as an option.

Quick Reply: Configurator Discussion and Fun