Sponsored by:

Configurator Discussion and Fun

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2019, 12:25 AM
Argon_
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by stout
Anyone have the skills to tint the third brake light black and then "red" the outer taillights and maybe lightly tint the light bar to match?

Would like to see a 992 with red taillights (even if dark red) and less third brake light....

Been playing with the configurator, and also prefer model designation delete and PORSCHE in black. As for the Sport Design pack, I dig it this time around, and wonder if Porsche will make it possible to add more body color at the bottom of the rear bumper in time—to match the body color at the bottom of the standard bumper. Might help with the "L"s. Not sure if this has been reported yet, but the mirrors were supposed to be all body color with only a black "spear" in the middle of the front separating top and bottom, but this was changed to black bottoms. The original setup will be available as an option.
A 'clear lightbar' option would surely net them $1000 per car.
Old 01-22-2019, 06:25 AM
VOLTCONTROL
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

This* is probably how I'd configure a 992S were I ordering one tomorrow—based on my experience in Spain, with cost no object:

PL2JUSF3
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL2JUSF3
Night Blue with big silver wheels because it works in the latest Christophorus and I feel dark colors work well on the new car. The blue interior because this is a very nice blue, and a friend's triple blue Carrera 3.2 Turbo Look Cabriolet left a lasting impression on me years ago. Sport Design Pack because it addresses some things I don't love with the new bumpers—particularly the rear license plate location.?
Well balanced look, I'd like it like that too.
Old 01-22-2019, 01:07 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,326 Likes on 617 Posts

Originally Posted by Argon_
A 'clear lightbar' option would surely net them $1000 per car.
Ha, there may be something in that.

To each their own, but clear taillights violate some law of nature for me—like legs growing out of someone's head or aftermarket wheels without a drop. Anything clear other than reverse lights tends to attract my eyes and distract me. Red, dark red, etc is just needed back there—and bizarrely gets a pass no matter what the exterior color. Can't explain it. It just is.
Old 01-22-2019, 05:15 PM
darkblack
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Is there a good enough reason to NOT spec the car with the sliding glass roof? Thoughts?
Old 01-22-2019, 06:41 PM
Argon_
Pro

Originally Posted by darkblack
Is there a good enough reason to NOT spec the car with the sliding glass roof? Thoughts?
Weight, in the worst possible place.

Headroom.
Old 01-22-2019, 06:46 PM
Argon_
Pro

Ha, there may be something in that.

To each their own, but clear taillights violate some law of nature for me—like legs growing out of someone's head or aftermarket wheels without a drop. Anything clear other than reverse lights tends to attract my eyes and distract me. Red, dark red, etc is just needed back there—and bizarrely gets a pass no matter what the exterior color. Can't explain it. It just is.
Funny.

I personally can't stand the blacked out taillights. My ricer alarm goes off immediately, and as someone whose been temporarily crippled by a rear end accident, I can't stand the idea of dimming my brake lights.

The clear is a good compromise of aesthetic and visibility.
Old 01-24-2019, 02:09 PM
Peadsw
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 23 Posts

Early july delivery,
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL4YKY71

What do you guys think, still have a chance to change things?
Old 01-24-2019, 02:16 PM
gary.lee
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

the idea that you need an option list pages long is ridiculous and rip-off
Old 01-24-2019, 04:20 PM
bkkchris
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Endless fun on the configurator.

Settled on this pretty standard build: http://www.porsche-code.com/PLJE2AA3

Only options I am still considering are ponying up the cash for the Matrix LED (vs standard LED) and/or 18 way Sport Plus seats (vs 4 way).
Old 01-24-2019, 05:59 PM
DMDSpag
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bkkchris
Endless fun on the configurator.

Settled on this pretty standard build: http://www.porsche-code.com/PLJE2AA3

Only options I am still considering are ponying up the cash for the Matrix LED (vs standard LED) and/or 18 way Sport Plus seats (vs 4 way).
I'll likely go with the standard lights since my understanding is that even the base lights on the C2S are LED. I have heard that the 4 way Sport Plus Seats are really good....this is a subjective matter, but I've been trying to decide between the 14 way sport seats and the 4 way Sport Plus seats...only thing that really bugs me about the Sport + seats is the damn plastic seat back....or metal, whatever it is. I would prefer leather seat backs like the sport seats have....looks like there's no option to add leather back there on the sport + .

Quick Reply: Configurator Discussion and Fun