Porsche 992 thoughts - Page 7 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
992 This Forum for the turbocharged non Turbo 911

Porsche 992 thoughts

Old 12-21-2018, 08:13 AM
  #91  
chuckbdc
Super User
 
chuckbdc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Maryland USA
Posts: 2,871
Default

Originally Posted by K-A View Post
Trust me, they're smaller. I've sat in it, you'll notice it. It's even noticeable in pics.

I agree about practicality. I can rest my arm on the door panel of my 991, the 992's sill is too high to do that comfortably.
I think I read somewhere in the press materials that the seats have been lowered on their racks. I have not been in a 992, but that would have the effect you describe.
It is hard to understand given the headroom, general interior ergonomics and sight lines out of the 991, but I suppose that the seat could be adjusted to a higher position.
chuckbdc is offline  
Old 12-26-2018, 10:58 PM
  #92  
Drifting
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Drifting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: LA
Posts: 3,013
Default

Originally Posted by chuckbdc View Post
I think I read somewhere in the press materials that the seats have been lowered on their racks. I have not been in a 992, but that would have the effect you describe.
It is hard to understand given the headroom, general interior ergonomics and sight lines out of the 991, but I suppose that the seat could be adjusted to a higher position.
any idea where the press releases you read that? Iíd be interested to know. For me, even lower seats would help me fit in a 991 or 992 with a helmet.
Drifting is offline  
Old 12-27-2018, 12:33 AM
  #93  
Ccpecot
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Atlanta area, GA
Posts: 182
Default

Originally Posted by Drifting View Post


any idea where the press releases you read that? Iíd be interested to know. For me, even lower seats would help me fit in a 991 or 992 with a helmet.
This is the one press release that I recall and it mentions the seats are 5 mm lower and a thinner seat cushion....Iím not sure if this minimal amount would make a huge difference.
https://newsroom.porsche.com/fallbac...018-16522.html
Ccpecot is offline  
Old 12-29-2018, 01:10 PM
  #94  
bmcginn
User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Jupiter, Florida
Posts: 38
Default

I have a different perspective than most of the posters on the 992 Board. My first 911 was a 1984 Guards Red 911S. I ordered it new and when I was writing the deposit check my hands were shaking. It was the fulfillment of my dream. It was a great car that I owned for 15 years, but wouldnít want to own today. I was 31 years old when I bought it (Iím now 65) and I now enjoy creature comforts and technology. I still want to own a 911, but I want to be comfortable driving it.
bmcginn is online now  
Old 12-29-2018, 01:19 PM
  #95  
Argon_
User
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: CT
Posts: 552
Default

Originally Posted by fxz View Post
cynical per cynical the 991.2. 3liter engine now on the 992.1 should be better than what the next 992.2 engine?

the 3Liter is a non motorsport engine whilst
the v8 4L from amg or the 3L v6 gts from BMW are better and motorsport engine
the 3L is good for granmas
they cant bring one worse than that
A V6 in a BMW. HAH. You obviously don't know a damn thing.
Argon_ is offline  
Old 12-29-2018, 08:04 PM
  #96  
tgcrun
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
tgcrun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: State College, PA
Posts: 510
Default

Originally Posted by bmcginn View Post
I have a different perspective than most of the posters on the 992 Board. My first 911 was a 1984 Guards Red 911S. I ordered it new and when I was writing the deposit check my hands were shaking. It was the fulfillment of my dream. It was a great car that I owned for 15 years, but wouldnít want to own today. I was 31 years old when I bought it (Iím now 65) and I now enjoy creature comforts and technology. I still want to own a 911, but I want to be comfortable driving it.
The 992 haters will probably call us old men, but I'm 100% with you. I was 32 when I bought my new Guards Red '87 Targa. It cost $47,000, almost as much as my first condo. I loved that car, and it would be nice to still own it and take it to the occasional car show. However, there is no way I'd want one as a daily driver. My 991.2 is far superior, and I'm looking forward to a new 992 next year. Maybe I'll go back to Guards Red.
tgcrun is offline  
Old 12-30-2018, 01:26 PM
  #97  
chuckbdc
Super User
 
chuckbdc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Maryland USA
Posts: 2,871
Default

Originally Posted by Argon_ View Post
A V6 in a BMW. HAH. You obviously don't know a damn thing.
Isn't is funny how readily the trolls demonstrate their ignorance without realizing it? The ones featuring manufacturer motives are the best. Really entertaining.
chuckbdc is offline  


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: