Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

2025 Corvette ZR-1 = Game On

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2024, 12:25 PM
Billy Bluejay
Racer

Received 198 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by lamacan
i literally referenced the two things you bring up as better in the Porsche. you're right. but Turbo S is also the least exciting/emotional 911 Porsche makes, even if its stats are great on paper.
I hate commenting on these opinion threads, but you hooked me 🎣. You have zero credibility when you say the TTS is the least exciting/emotional 911 Porsche makes. I’m not saying it’s at the top, but to actually say it’s the bottom of the barrel of Porsche. You are funny.
The following 2 users liked this post by Billy Bluejay:
elvisdoc (08-01-2024), mashoutposse (08-02-2024)
Old 08-01-2024, 01:33 PM
elvisdoc
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Acropora8
wat???
Many are saying this. Read the article I linked.
Old 08-01-2024, 01:36 PM
elvisdoc
Instructor

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Don't argue with the man, he's punch drunk on Porsche Kool Aid.

By his definition, a Turbo S would simply be a tuned base Carrera 4.

And a GT3 a detuned Turbo S.

Go figure.
In many ways, that would be true. But you do you.
Old 08-01-2024, 05:34 PM
Acropora8
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by elvisdoc
Many are saying this. Read the article I linked.
You're basing your unthoughtful opinion off of a "culture" writer from the New York Sun who also has written articles about 3d printed shoes, massage guns and bed cooling equipment. Pretty comical.

https://www.nysun.com/author/ross-anderson
Old 08-01-2024, 05:36 PM
Acropora8
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Don't argue with the man, he's punch drunk on Porsche Kool Aid.

By his definition, a Turbo S would simply be a tuned base Carrera 4.

And a GT3 a detuned Turbo S.

Go figure.
Yup. A McLaren F1 is also a detuned BMW E31 850CSi.
Old 08-01-2024, 06:06 PM
Engro
Rennlist Member

Received 265 Likes on 164 Posts

We should welcome other products since it means there is competition which is a healthy thing. Without Nissan-GTR pre 991, Porsche would have kept the same formula. Porsche was forced to respond to the GTR and it delivered with the 991 platform. I remember the arguments were the same back then. it’s a ****ebox, gaps in trim, it’s bloody Nissan, etc.. etc. Porsche is the greatest and the best 😀

it’s almost as bad as the McLaren fanboys that consider 911 second tier and their car the pure race car. Ask them last time they tracked the car and they get upset. There is a car for everyone and we should not consider the ZR1 any less of a car. I would not own a ZR1 but I see no issues with people that want one or discuss one here.

Last edited by Engro; 08-01-2024 at 06:08 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Victory911 (08-01-2024)
Old 08-01-2024, 09:07 PM
elvisdoc
Instructor

Originally Posted by Acropora8
You're basing your unthoughtful opinion off of a "culture" writer from the New York Sun who also has written articles about 3d printed shoes, massage guns and bed cooling equipment. Pretty comical.

https://www.nysun.com/author/ross-anderson
oooh. An internet bully. Go back to your mom’s basement. The article was well written. So sad u didn’t like the opinion.

Last edited by elvisdoc; 08-01-2024 at 09:09 PM.
Old 08-01-2024, 09:12 PM
elvisdoc
Instructor

Originally Posted by Engro
We should welcome other products since it means there is competition which is a healthy thing. Without Nissan-GTR pre 991, Porsche would have kept the same formula. Porsche was forced to respond to the GTR and it delivered with the 991 platform. I remember the arguments were the same back then. it’s a ****ebox, gaps in trim, it’s bloody Nissan, etc.. etc. Porsche is the greatest and the best 😀

it’s almost as bad as the McLaren fanboys that consider 911 second tier and their car the pure race car. Ask them last time they tracked the car and they get upset. There is a car for everyone and we should not consider the ZR1 any less of a car. I would not own a ZR1 but I see no issues with people that want one or discuss one here.

Ok to discuss but trashing TTS on a TTS forum is ridiculous. Hillbilly ZR1 fanboys need to be held to account. Most are driving Hyundai’s. Ha.

Last edited by elvisdoc; 08-01-2024 at 09:26 PM.
Billy Bluejay (08-02-2024)
Old 08-01-2024, 09:14 PM
elvisdoc
Instructor

Originally Posted by luv2sleep
^^^^^^
Yes, competition is a good thing! I hope Porsche does step up their game. I’ve never owned a Vette or even a Chevy product but the new Z06 and now the ZR1 definitely got my attention. Perhaps the Vette in general is not as reliable but a good majority appear to be decent or otherwise Corvettes won’t sell, right? Porsche quality, as of late, doesn’t have my confidence. I’ve owned numerous cars like many of y’all but my first lemon will be a Porsche. Now I’m having second thoughts on our Cayenne GTS order. Anyways, I just find it funny that some of the “brand loyal” folks on here are so insecure and juvenile. What are you guys….like 12?! I’d understand if they posses an ounce of Ferdinand Porsche’s genes but highly doubt it.
It’s an Internet forum. U are shocked people disagree? Hilarious.
Old 08-02-2024, 12:42 AM
luv2sleep
Burning Brakes

Received 300 Likes on 199 Posts

It’s an Internet forum. U are shocked people disagree? Hilarious.
Pot calling the kettle black. Dude, you have a reading comprehension problem and an inferiority complex. A true basement keyboard warrior on the spectrum.

Last edited by luv2sleep; 08-02-2024 at 01:02 AM.
Acropora8 (08-02-2024)
Old 08-02-2024, 07:59 AM
elvisdoc
Instructor

Pot calling the kettle black. Dude, you have a reading comprehension problem and an inferiority complex. A true basement keyboard warrior on the spectrum.
Don't have a basement and your learned opinions interest me not at all. I just find it funny you come to a TTS forum at all since you don't like the car much. How about we agree to disagree and keep the petty name calling out of the discussion.

Last edited by elvisdoc; 08-02-2024 at 08:06 AM.
Old 08-02-2024, 03:14 PM
luv2sleep
Burning Brakes

Don't have a basement and your learned opinions interest me not at all. I just find it funny you come to a TTS forum at all since you don't like the car much. How about we agree to disagree and keep the petty name calling out of the discussion.
Who says that I don't like the TTS?! Yeah, reading comprehension and a hint of dementia.......
Old 08-02-2024, 04:02 PM
Foosh
Burning Brakes

Received 413 Likes on 286 Posts

Originally Posted by Ensoniq
Meanwhile, over on the corvette forum…

a dealer with 2 allocations (one left) is asking for $305k
If someone said any dealer has ZR1 "allocations," or if the dealer implied they did, they're either lying or don't understand what the term allocation means in GM-speak. An allocation is a slot for an order to be accepted for production, and once that order is accepted, the car is scheduled for a tentative production week (TPW). Allocations for Corvettes are usually granted about 2 months before the car actually gets built.

The car was just revealed last week, and it won't be in production until 1st quarter 2025 at the earliest. A GM-insider friend also told me it's possible production won't start until near the end of the 2025 MY to fulfill GM's commitment that the first models in customer hands would be 2025s. There are only about a dozen prototypes built, thus far. No one has been given allocations yet.

Dealer lists have been created, which are meaningless to GM, and they won't grant allocations to dealers until the production schedule is firm.

Last edited by Foosh; 08-02-2024 at 04:31 PM.
Old 08-02-2024, 06:44 PM
elvisdoc
Instructor

Who says that I don't like the TTS?! Yeah, reading comprehension and a hint of dementia.......
Now you are just trolling. Badly. Tell you what, drive what you want. I will enjoy my new TTS. Peace out.
Old 08-02-2024, 08:47 PM
luv2sleep
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Foosh
If someone said any dealer has ZR1 "allocations," or if the dealer implied they did, they're either lying or don't understand what the term allocation means in GM-speak. An allocation is a slot for an order to be accepted for production, and once that order is accepted, the car is scheduled for a tentative production week (TPW). Allocations for Corvettes are usually granted about 2 months before the car actually gets built.

The car was just revealed last week, and it won't be in production until 1st quarter 2025 at the earliest. A GM-insider friend also told me it's possible production won't start until near the end of the 2025 MY to fulfill GM's commitment that the first models in customer hands would be 2025s. There are only about a dozen prototypes built, thus far. No one has been given allocations yet.

Oh the allocation hype! From my experience, anyone can get one if one digs deep into his/her pocket. Dealer lists have been created, which are meaningless to GM, and they won't grant allocations to dealers until the production schedule is firm.
Oh the allocation hype! From my experience, anyone can get one if one digs deep into his/her pocket. It’s just money, right!?You can’t take it with you, as y’all know. However, I personally wouldn’t pay ADM for either cars, especially in this economic climate.
ZR1 vs 992.2TTS should be interesting. My money is on the mild hybrid TTS but the ZR1 should exhibit more drama. I don’t think the $300k+ price tag will affect sales much on both sides. Exciting times!

Last edited by luv2sleep; 08-02-2024 at 08:59 PM.

Quick Reply: 2025 Corvette ZR-1 = Game On