Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

News on 2025 992.2

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2024, 10:14 AM
cebe
Pro

Received 469 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by silversurfer6
Yes the above is very solid info. I have not confirmed personally the turbo s bhp but the figure has been out for a long time and sounds reasonable.

Additionally the turbo is RWD only.
By "hybrid" I meant the e-Turbos that in my understanding would need the 400V system and the larger battery, not the electric motor integrated in the PDK.
This would be consistant with the fact that also the "Touring" turbo mules had to carry the yellow sticker, just like all the other 992.2 mules.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Old 07-23-2024, 09:25 PM
silversurfer6
Rennlist Member

Received 736 Likes on 432 Posts

Originally Posted by CM991
Cant recall the source but speculation was:

992.2 Turbo 3.6 twin e turbo + e motor 640 PS (585 gas + 55 e motor)

992.2 Turbo S 3.6 twin e turbo + e motor 710 PS (655 gas + 55 e motor)

While the peak numbers don’t seem unrealistic on the TTS, I’m not sure the TT line up will remain at 3.6L. Might need a 3.8L to get to those levels.

All the bhp and engine specs above are pure speculation.
I will have to review back my notes to be certain - the rwd manual turbo will not be using any hybrid tech.
Old 07-23-2024, 09:55 PM
CanAutM3
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,354 Likes on 631 Posts

Originally Posted by cebe
Originally Posted by CanAutM3
Due to the tight packaging, I don’t believe exhaust placement is something that can doodled with. I am inclined to think the turbo/turbo-S will be fitted with twin E-turbos, hence the separated exhausts.
My impression is that the turbo and turbo S will have the e-turbos and the 400 V "hybrid" sistem, additionally the intercooler exhaust will probably be only in the center as the lateral exhausts should be deleted similarly to the carrera models.

The center portion of the rear is still heavily masked maybe on the account of some sort of active aero being added.
This additional aero effect at the bottom should potentially compensate the missing wing in the "Touring version" as it was the case when the 991.1 R was introduced with the bottom extractor and later the 991.2 Touring.

Just my impression.
You missed a key word in my post: TWIN

The “winged” mules also have that funky center section in the rear, it’s not “touring” specific.

And what is an intercooler exhaust?

Last edited by CanAutM3; 07-23-2024 at 09:59 PM.
Old 07-24-2024, 05:01 AM
cebe
Pro

Received 469 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by CanAutM3
You missed a key word in my post: TWIN

The “winged” mules also have that funky center section in the rear, it’s not “touring” specific.

And what is an intercooler exhaust?
Maybe I am just using the wrong wording, but as you can see below in the 992.1 turbo the air going trough the intercooler was " expelled" both in the center and on the sides ... I suppose that in the 992.2 it will be expelled only in the center, as the e-turbos will be moved more to the sides or the exhaust terminals of the combustion gasses from them (as we have seen in some pictures of the masked rear end of the different mules).

Old 07-24-2024, 07:22 AM
CanAutM3
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,354 Likes on 631 Posts

Originally Posted by cebe
Maybe I am just using the wrong wording, but as you can see below in the 992.1 turbo the air going trough the intercooler was " expelled" both in the center and on the sides ... I suppose that in the 992.2 it will be expelled only in the center, as the e-turbos will be moved more to the sides or the exhaust terminals of the combustion gasses from them (as we have seen in some pictures of the masked rear end of the different mules).
OK, I understand what you mean. It is to be noted that the 992.1 turbos are already located on each side. As I said previously, with the tight packaging in the rear, I don’t think they can doodle much with exhaust placement, so what we see on mules is likely what we’ll see on the production versions as far as exhaust placement goes. Case in point, the GTS mules had the exhaust pipes closer to the center right from onset. With a single turbo, the exhaust gases from both cylinder banks need to be combined before entering the turbo and come out through a single pipe. With potentially twin turbos, there is no need to combine the exhaust streams from each cylinder bank, hence the more separated exhaust pipes. As for the center air outlet being blocked off on the turbo mules, the GTS mules had similar camo on the intercooler outlets on each side of the exhaust, the rear bumper is still heavily camouflaged at this stage, so I would not think too much about it.

Last edited by CanAutM3; 07-24-2024 at 09:59 AM.

Quick Reply: News on 2025 992.2