Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

992 Turbo Allocation (Non-S) Offered today

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2024, 10:51 AM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,504 Likes on 964 Posts

Where I am I see deer, coyotes, squirrels scampering...

2 weeks ago I nailed a squirrel trying to play Frogger across a busy road, I was doing about 45 mph in the Touring and had no room to maneuver...I crunched him quick. He didn't feel pain. Not even a shred of proof I hit anything, it was a clean strike with the rear tire.
Old 05-25-2024, 02:05 PM
TTSDDS
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
I hit a deer with my 992 TTS this past week. Very bummed ...
Hope everything ended up ok; deer, humans, car.
The following users liked this post:
chance6 (05-25-2024)
Old 05-25-2024, 05:01 PM
HOTCHKIS
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 89 Posts

I hit a deer with my 992 TTS this past week. Very bummed ...
that sucks! I have them by me as well. the car or motorcycle doesn't come out at night
Old 05-25-2024, 05:04 PM
HOTCHKIS
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 89 Posts

You would think with all the high technology we have the can put reflectors or something in the road to deter them. Really sad
Old 05-25-2024, 05:57 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,495 Likes on 2,558 Posts

Originally Posted by cavemanmoore
Oh no! Are you ok? Did you have a passenger with you?
Originally Posted by TTSDDS
Hope everything ended up ok; deer, humans, car.
Originally Posted by HOTCHKIS
that sucks! I have them by me as well. the car or motorcycle doesn't come out at night
I'm ok. Deer hit the front left of the car, resulting in crumpling of that quarter panel, damage to front bumper cover, radiator broke and leaked out, some damage to the hood, airbags deployed, engine shut off and car won't start. I'm scuffed up on the hands and arms, apparently from the airbag, but no real injury. Didn't have a passenger.

I like to say that I'm not really a 'car guy' and these things are 'just cars', but I feel kind of gutted.

I had fallen in love with this car, and right before I hit the deer I was thinking about how much I love it, and that I might do a full PPF on it, and maybe I'll wash it when I get home, even though it's not dirty.

I was also (and still am) angry at myself for choosing to be on that road at that time (about 7 pm) in the first place, because I had seen a lot of deer on the roads in recent weeks, more than I've ever seen before, so I knew it was risky to be driving, but I wanted to go just 15 minutes more because I was enjoying the car so much. I told myself that I'll be careful and watch for deer, but the reality was that there are a million places where deer can jump onto the road directly of out heavy vegetation, so there's no way that I could have seen the deer and reacted fast enough to not hit it. I had some bad luck, but I think also made a bad decision.

The deer hit happened 6 days ago and I haven't really enjoyed driving since then. I guess I'm somewhat traumatized.

Last edited by Manifold; 05-25-2024 at 05:59 PM.
chance6 (05-26-2024)
Old 05-25-2024, 07:13 PM
js1ngh13
Racer

Received 146 Likes on 91 Posts

I'm ok. Deer hit the front left of the car, resulting in crumpling of that quarter panel, damage to front bumper cover, radiator broke and leaked out, some damage to the hood, airbags deployed, engine shut off and car won't start. I'm scuffed up on the hands and arms, apparently from the airbag, but no real injury. Didn't have a passenger.

I like to say that I'm not really a 'car guy' and these things are 'just cars', but I feel kind of gutted.

I had fallen in love with this car, and right before I hit the deer I was thinking about how much I love it, and that I might do a full PPF on it, and maybe I'll wash it when I get home, even though it's not dirty.

I was also (and still am) angry at myself for choosing to be on that road at that time (about 7 pm) in the first place, because I had seen a lot of deer on the roads in recent weeks, more than I've ever seen before, so I knew it was risky to be driving, but I wanted to go just 15 minutes more because I was enjoying the car so much. I told myself that I'll be careful and watch for deer, but the reality was that there are a million places where deer can jump onto the road directly of out heavy vegetation, so there's no way that I could have seen the deer and reacted fast enough to not hit it. I had some bad luck, but I think also made a bad decision.

The deer hit happened 6 days ago and I haven't really enjoyed driving since then. I guess I'm somewhat traumatized.
sh** happens - glad you're okay though! you have a great stable of cars at your finger tips and will be in full health soon. Nothing you could've done to prevent a deer to jump out at that moment in time - which is we pay insurance for stuff like this. Maybe think about the bright side you could add some new aero parts while the car is away getting fixed.

Porsche ought to add a exlcusive manufaktur option to deter deer - would make them alot more money lol
Manifold (05-25-2024)
Old 05-25-2024, 07:47 PM
cavemanmoore
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 43 Posts

What you’re feeling makes sense. And let’s face it, the car isn’t replaceable. Even having another spec’d similarly might not feel the same. But on the good side there are many other cars to fall in love with. Imagine if your car had been a 997 TTS and this accident had happened when it was almost new. You would have felt gutted then too. But fast forward in time, and the newer cars have only gotten better and better.
Manifold (05-25-2024)
Old 05-26-2024, 01:58 PM
Pathy
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

If you have a GT3 Touring that's obviously the best car to keep financially, do you even need to ask?

As far as a Turbo vs. a Turbo S... you can easily spec options on the Turbo to basically look exactly like a Turbo S - PCCBs, headlights, PDCC, folding mirrors, etc. That might not mean it will be 100% the same resale value as a Turbo S, but for all practical purposes it will be the same car.
chance6 (05-26-2024)
Old 05-26-2024, 02:04 PM
Pathy
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Angryinch
Because GT3T allocations are done and I want to do Euro Del with it again. Id have to spec it how I'd like it for a $300k car.

My TTS is stage4 with upgraded turbos 1000+ HP... So I wanted something in a manual, a bit tamer for road rally's etc. And mostly, I just want to see what all the fuse is about these GT3s, if I don't like it, I will sell it. However, I think it will contrast nicely with the Turbo, being a manual and high revving NA vs huge power Turbo.
To me, a tuned TTS and a manual non-tuned GT3 is the perfect garage. Well, unless you can also manage to open up two spots for a Carrera GT and a 918 Spyder.

But question for you as you have done Euro Delivery already on your TTS: do you feel it was worth it? Nearly every salesman I've talked to has tried to dissuade me from ED. How would you rate the ED option vs. taking delivery in the States?

Old 05-26-2024, 02:31 PM
chance6
Race Car

Sorry to hear. There are deer, coyotes, etc. all over the place where I live. I gunned the Touring at night a few days ago and probably shouldn't have. Hope you can get back into a TTS soon, or get yours repaired.
Manifold (05-26-2024)
Old 05-26-2024, 02:47 PM
chance6
Race Car

Also props to Night Vision assist on the Carrera models. I think if I ever get a 992.2 TTS or other C2S, etc. Night vision assist will be spec'd.

Quick Reply: 992 Turbo Allocation (Non-S) Offered today