Notices
992 Turbo and Turbo S 2019-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

Should I stop wasting my time waiting for a slot on Tts?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2023, 01:57 PM
Manhattan_trout
Rennlist Member

Received 197 Likes on 138 Posts

OP, I assume you've tried Manhattan Motorcars in NYC? As with every other NYC/NJ dealer, all that matters is the ADM you're willing to pay. The first warning sign was that they only asked for $1k deposit for a TTS. They should've asked you for at least $10K and knowing MM, they likely want a minimum $25K ADM for a 992 TTS. If you're willing to do that, you'll get a brand new TTS, allocation and wait list be damned. With a $1k deposit, your just wasting your time.

It's all pay to play here, not about loyalty - it's NYC after all. So many mega VIP 911 buyers, the dealers couldn't give a rats *** about a buying another cayenne/macan etc. E.g., 911 S/T asks over here are $300k ADM.

Otherwise, would highly recommend what others here suggest and call around the country, not just locally.
Old 09-26-2023, 02:39 PM
sensei_tts
Rennlist Member

Received 229 Likes on 95 Posts

if you want one soon, i'd stop wasting time for an allocation. for me, i wanted to get into a tts now and i don't have a previous relationship with any dealers. used the porsche finder app looking for used then realized that new was not too much more sans an adm. switched to new and found one incoming built how i wold have spec'd, exactly actually, so i took that as a sign and quickly moved to a deposit of $10k to secure it. the deposit was tied to the build sheet. waited for arrival then closed the deal. still smiling 3 months and 2,200 miles later.
The following users liked this post:
Breen (09-26-2023)
Old 09-26-2023, 03:57 PM
Bosaoud
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The problem with waiting is that you may want the price, as happened to me. I postponed the 2022 and 2023 model years because I believe there will be some changes. But I was shocked that the price increased by almost 30 thousand dollars. I made a reservation and paid a deposit of 30 thousand for the 2024 model, and they told me that it is now in production. It will be ready soon, but the shipping problem is the reason for the delay
Old 09-28-2023, 08:59 PM
sslow
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Manhattan_trout
OP, I assume you've tried Manhattan Motorcars in NYC? As with every other NYC/NJ dealer, all that matters is the ADM you're willing to pay. The first warning sign was that they only asked for $1k deposit for a TTS. They should've asked you for at least $10K and knowing MM, they likely want a minimum $25K ADM for a 992 TTS. If you're willing to do that, you'll get a brand new TTS, allocation and wait list be damned. With a $1k deposit, your just wasting your time.

It's all pay to play here, not about loyalty - it's NYC after all. So many mega VIP 911 buyers, the dealers couldn't give a rats *** about a buying another cayenne/macan etc. E.g., 911 S/T asks over here are $300k ADM.

Otherwise, would highly recommend what others here suggest and call around the country, not just locally.
Did the dealer commit an earlier date when you put your name on their list...?

Last edited by sslow; 09-28-2023 at 09:01 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-30-2023, 04:32 PM
tomshop
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Tommy Zhang
NY area locals

I’ve been put onto a wait list $1k deposit since Feb 2022 hoping to get a slot, as of right now I don’t think that slot will ever come. Mind you I bought a brand new cayenne gts from them in 2020.

Just like many many markets IE, luxury watch brands and leather goods. If you haven’t establish a long purchase history with them I don’t think I’ll ever get one? What’s your thoughts? The market is softening or should I cancel and get my $1000 deposit back?
I have bought 2 TTS over the years from the same dealer and was offered an allocation several months ago for another but passed as it was too early for me. I am close with my dealer and they told me the way it works is they have no idea when they get allocations. Sometimes it goes for 6 months and they get nothing and then they get 3 in a month. Dealers can’t commit to dates because they have no idea when they will get an allocation. It is exactly how Patek Philippe works. The AD’s have no idea when they get watches or even what model.

I would suggest you ask what number you are on the list. If you are not in the top 3 then I would move on if you want one soon.

Last edited by tomshop; 09-30-2023 at 04:36 PM.

Quick Reply: Should I stop wasting my time waiting for a slot on Tts?