Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

Trade in huracan evo for a 992 turbo S?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2023, 08:49 PM
Justaroofer
Banned

Received 589 Likes on 362 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisDM
Had an STO...sold it. I miss it and am actively pursuing finding a new one.

When I tell folks my STO rivaled my 765LT in terms of driving enjoyment they think I'm crazy but it's true. The STO was just so rewarding in terms of the driving experience and feel of the car. Sure the 765LT crushes it in terms of speed and power, but I often found myself driving the STO faster because it was all usable, controllable speed (i.e. confidence at speed) vs. the 765LT scares the crap out of me and I'm often holding back. I would drive a few passengers in them back to back and almost every passenger said the STO felt scarier; which I realized is because I would take it to the limit more and toss it around more vs. in the 765LT I was (and am) pretty conservative. If I was a better driver or had bigger cajones then maybe it wouldn't be the case.

BTW I also owned a Huracan EVO before the STO. They are quite literally different cars...I found the EVO to be more show than go, but the STO was wildly improved.
The STO os probably the most attractive Lambo made in a long time, but the market is flooded with them so are they really that good?

Also I envy those of yall that can fit in them. WS a no go for my height.
Old 07-31-2023, 09:02 PM
ScratchTheItch
Racer

Received 200 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Justaroofer
The STO os probably the most attractive Lambo made in a long time, but the market is flooded with them so are they really that good?

The market is also flooded with GT3s so are they really that good?

In my opinion it's not driven by the car but driven by the seller, and bubble markets of the last few years...lots of people speculating and buying cars they were either stretching to afford or they thought they could flip for profit. Now reality sets in and they are scrambling to get some profit or break even. STOs were going for $600k when they first came out. Speculation on them was wild. Then Lamborghini built 2x as many as predicted, market corrected, and the result is where we're at now. Not so dissimilar than why 100+ 992 GT3s are currently listed.

In high tax markets it's also common to lease vs. buy (save on the sales tax) and many of those lease returns end up getting listed for sale vs. bought out, especially if there is some hope of profit to eek out. It's a common tactic for flippers especially...put it on a lease and try to sell before the lease is up...lower taxes, lower payments (capital)...works out until it doesn't (values drop, underwater, no profit).
The following 4 users liked this post by ScratchTheItch:
AlexCeres (08-01-2023), eclou (08-01-2023), Manifold (07-31-2023), shrimp money (08-05-2023)
Old 08-01-2023, 01:24 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,022 Likes on 477 Posts

Speaking of Sterrato...I got to finally get it out and I'm flat out in love with how different but usable this thing is...flat out WOW levels of fun. This is easily going to be a fave car of mine, without a doubt.

The following 3 users liked this post by sechsgang:
heshalosny (08-04-2023), mashoutposse (07-03-2024), shrimp money (08-05-2023)
Old 08-01-2023, 01:27 PM
Justaroofer
Banned

Received 589 Likes on 362 Posts

Originally Posted by sechsgang
Speaking of Sterrato...I got to finally get it out and I'm flat out in love with how different but usable this thing is...flat out WOW levels of fun. This is easily going to be a fave car of mine, without a doubt.

The best use of Autozone style upgrades since the engine vent stickers hit the lawn care peoples truck.

Old 08-01-2023, 01:29 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,022 Likes on 477 Posts

Originally Posted by Justaroofer
The best use of Autozone style upgrades since the engine vent stickers hit the lawn care peoples truck.
Good thing you wont want one then!
Old 08-01-2023, 02:23 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,633 Likes on 5,099 Posts

Originally Posted by sechsgang

Mad Max is on line 1. He'd like his car back.

Awesome car.
Old 08-01-2023, 03:55 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,226 Likes on 599 Posts

Kinda reminds me of the troop carrier from Alien2
Old 08-02-2023, 06:48 PM
Calbenzo
Rennlist Member

Received 220 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by eclou
Kinda reminds me of the troop carrier from Alien2
LOL! I love that movie. One of the best sci-fi sequels ever IMO!
The following users liked this post:
eclou (08-03-2023)

Quick Reply: Trade in huracan evo for a 992 turbo S?