Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

Trade in huracan evo for a 992 turbo S?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2023, 08:29 PM
Geruvah
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Use the TTS to do anything. Use the Huracan to feel anything.
The following 2 users liked this post by Geruvah:
heshalosny (07-20-2023), RD16RR (07-19-2023)
Old 07-17-2023, 10:04 AM
derf
Instructor

Received 91 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Mlarco52
Like the title states. I have been offered a allocation for a turbo S. Not sure what is the best move. I keep drifting towards the 992 every time I'm online searching for vehicle reviews and so on.

Only thing that worries is it won't obviously sound as good as a N/A v10 but then again a quick 200 cell cat and exhaust swap can make it sound fantastic...

Anyone went from huracan to 911?
I went from an Evo spider to a ‘22 992 TTS cab. I have no regrets at all. The biggest thing is that the sound on this car with an exhaust is SO much better than all my previous TTS’. You won’t be disappointed with the sound if you put exhaust on.

My business partner has a Huracan Performante and he is not a Porsche guy because of the sound. Even he was amazed at how good this one sounds. I have sharkwerks exhaust.
Spoiler

The following users liked this post:
Pad Bender (07-18-2023)
Old 07-17-2023, 12:16 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 845 Likes on 574 Posts

They really arent comparable. I had a Huracan Performante and the sound was amazing and it was an event to drive. It handled amazingly and I loved carving canyons and took it on a track once. But its really only "practical" at 5am and on the weekends. Its so low loud and atracts so much attention that I found I couldn't really use it. I don't have a 992 TTS. But I have a 991 TT that has 760 HP and a modified exhaust. Its a car I can use everyday and i take it to the grocery store. Still love it - after 5 years. But it doesnt sound anywhere near as good as the Performante and isn't as "exciting". But guess what I still have it

Old 07-17-2023, 12:50 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,022 Likes on 477 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbinator
I remember how hard it was for me to move to the Lamborghini and trade in my last TTS. You get the bling, but you lose utility. And like a new watch, bling loses its luster after a while.

I can offer some additional perspective. Money and specifically resale value may be of no concern to you, and ultimately the EVO is the best iteration of the Huracan line, so if you love the car, go for it.

But if resale concerns you, you should place a tennis ball in your mouth, secure it firmly around your head with a bandana, grab your ankles very tightly and count to 2025, because that, my friend, is when Lamborghini unleashes its new Revuelto. Now take a look at the historical depreciation curve for the Gallardo, which was set out to pasture many years ago by the Huracan. As soon as the Huracan was released, Gallardo prices went in the tank, and even though they have slowly crawled back for some of the more desirable models, they never fully recovered.

Now also consider that the Huracan is the highest production sports car ever made by Lamborghini, and there are a lot in circulation in the market. Supply and demand against the backdrop of historical price drops at model change suggests Huracan prices may nosedive. This is exacerbated by the fact that Huracan owners tend to be attracted to the newest shiny object out there, whereas 911 owners often pride themselves on owning older versions.

Also consider that Lamborghini changes the platform and the name when each new model is released. Gallardo to Huracan to Revuelto. Porsche is much more conservative by design. It will always be a 911 irrespective of 992 vs 991 vs 997 etc. That translates into greater perceived continuity. Even though these are all depreciating assets, my sense is that the Porsche offers a more predictable depreciation model. Of course this ties in with how the TTS is so much more predictable in all areas, which in turn may translate into boredom or whatever else is driving you to look elsewhere.

I wouldn't let myself get caught in any Huracan given the pending model change, even though the Evo is a fantastic car and they did a tremendous job updating the technology in just the last few years. But choose what is right for you and enjoy it, and try not to beat yourself up too much irrespective of the final outcome of this apples vs oranges decision.

The Revuelto is a 700k car specced...the huracan is the LAST V10 IN PRODUCTION and its successor will likely be in the 400k range specced, the current Evo/Tecnica pricing wont be moving much at all relatively speaking. The TTS will go down more than the Evo at the end of the day depreciation wise IF thats a concern. As far as TTS VS EVO...I've had/have both (Currently a Tecnica which is my fave of every iteration of Huracan I've had) and am waiting on a 24 TTS lightweight. The Lamborghini is always an explosion of flavor to drive, and the TTS is just a great car most of the time, and then a super capable hypercar when you ask for that, just without the flair. I love both aspects of both cars, and definitely agree they are complimentary VS competitors as far as what they do. The best part, there isnt a wrong answer here!

Last edited by sechsgang; 07-17-2023 at 12:51 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by sechsgang:
AlexCeres (07-17-2023), heshalosny (07-20-2023), Pad Bender (07-18-2023), rodsky (07-18-2023), ScratchTheItch (07-17-2023)
Old 07-17-2023, 02:12 PM
Mlarco52
Track Day

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sechsgang
The Revuelto is a 700k car specced...the huracan is the LAST V10 IN PRODUCTION and its successor will likely be in the 400k range specced, the current Evo/Tecnica pricing wont be moving much at all relatively speaking. The TTS will go down more than the Evo at the end of the day depreciation wise IF thats a concern. As far as TTS VS EVO...I've had/have both (Currently a Tecnica which is my fave of every iteration of Huracan I've had) and am waiting on a 24 TTS lightweight. The Lamborghini is always an explosion of flavor to drive, and the TTS is just a great car most of the time, and then a super capable hypercar when you ask for that, just without the flair. I love both aspects of both cars, and definitely agree they are complimentary VS competitors as far as what they do. The best part, there isnt a wrong answer here!
Thank you for this answer and all the other answers I appreciate all the info. I think I'll hold onto my car for the mean time and see where I decide to be in a year... Along with seeing where the economy lands.
Old 07-17-2023, 02:31 PM
ScratchTheItch
Racer

Received 201 Likes on 68 Posts

One very small consideration; The Huracan market is still very strong. You can likely sell your H for over MSRP, take the Turbo for MSRP, and then decide what to do in a year. My bet would be the H market softens next year and you could pick one back up at a lower price but no one has a crystal ball. Plus depending on where you live, with sales tax, turbo depreciation etc. you will likely lose money but my guess is not that much.
Old 07-18-2023, 12:24 AM
feron315
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by 3-Pedals
Something isnt right here. People complaining about Lambo must be trying to drive it in the wrong conditions/wrong purpose. Lambo is an event car. Of course it will attract attention, it should. If you are trying to drive an event car but not attract attention, then you have an issue with your expectations. Conversely, if you are buying TTS as a weekend toy then you will be unhappy. Think of it as a much smaller, nimble, and powerful M4. It is truly a “daily” driver super car. Its not just a super car. People see the TTS as a faster Porsche GT3. Its a completely different car. It never was an F8 or Evo competitor. If you have space for 1 sports car and you are trying to fill that with TTS, you may not be happy.
Well said! That is exactly how I feel as someone who only has one sports car and drive it only on the weekend
Old 07-19-2023, 08:44 AM
RD16RR
Burning Brakes

Received 352 Likes on 205 Posts

Lambo - 2500 miles per season

Porsche - 15,000 miles per season
Old 07-19-2023, 08:49 AM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Received 1,645 Likes on 915 Posts

Good points on the Porsche but I want to highlight that all of the awesomeness of TTS can be had with same utility for half the price (or less). Base 911 sounds and looks so much like TTS. If you want to drive 15,000 miles/year, do you really need to do that with a $280,000 turbo s? Because $280,000 won’t get you more utility. It will only get you more power and bragging rights but there is only so much “quick flooring the throttle” you can do in daily driving to feel special with the turbo.
Old 07-19-2023, 10:36 AM
Tupper
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,607 Likes on 817 Posts

For a daily the Turbo S is the answer.

For a weekend fun car, the Huracan is the obvious choice.
Old 07-19-2023, 07:18 PM
RD16RR
Burning Brakes

Received 352 Likes on 205 Posts

Good points on the Porsche but I want to highlight that all of the awesomeness of TTS can be had with same utility for half the price (or less). Base 911 sounds and looks so much like TTS. If you want to drive 15,000 miles/year, do you really need to do that with a $280,000 turbo s? Because $280,000 won’t get you more utility. It will only get you more power and bragging rights but there is only so much “quick flooring the throttle” you can do in daily driving to feel special with the turbo.
its not that i want to drive 15,000 per season (less than a year) its that i just drive it as many miles as possible because i enjoy it - simple as that - i realize it is a bit too much for recreational street driving....but i guess i will suffer with it....

mounted its 3rd set of tires this season.....

i've never seen an armored car following the hearse

Last edited by RD16RR; 07-19-2023 at 07:25 PM.
Old 07-20-2023, 02:00 AM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Received 1,677 Likes on 1,027 Posts

​911 gts weighs 200# less and drives very very nicely. Comes optionally in manual too.
Old 07-20-2023, 03:26 AM
911dude41
Drifting

Received 1,227 Likes on 705 Posts

Lots of opinions. Lets add one. Lots of spoiled people in this thread and rightfully so. But the Turbo S IS an event lets not kid ourselves, just not a Lambo event. Yes, after driving other crazy cars it may not seem like one, but it can be at any given moment. All our lives we all wanted the lambo, the ferrari etc. Then when you eventually get to the point of being able to own one and you do, you realize you actually don't want the lambo for reasons stated above. Attention, even the good attention can be negative and annoying. Then you're a douche by default because you're in the lambo, sure.. whatever right? Well, lets just say you want to have fun in the lambo, now you're DEFINITELY an a-hole because how dare you have fun in your lambo?

I flipped from lambo to 911, then one day for fun I rented a Huracan just so I can race my Porsche against it. It sucked inside, cramped, blind spots, no visibility. When I got home, I got in the Porsche to start it up and after a horrendous 30 minutes in traffic the Porsche cabin not only felt like a Rolls Royce but I was stunned at just how much I can see outside my car. Felt liberated.

The Lambo is sick, no doubt. An excellent once in blue moon 'lets have fun car' if you can deal with only doing that or can afford both. 1 vs 1, Turbo S all day 9 out of 10 times. If you've got the cojones to drive your Turbo S like it can then you can't come and tell me you weren't exhilarated.

If you're an absolute hooligan (in a good way) go lambo because it's better and more fun at that. If you enjoy being flagged down randomly so people can talk, take pics, and ask how much you make/what you do.. lambo.
The following 4 users liked this post by 911dude41:
eclou (07-20-2023), heshalosny (07-20-2023), Manifold (07-20-2023), smell911 (08-05-2023)
Old 07-20-2023, 01:30 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,226 Likes on 599 Posts

I've always wanted a Huracan in something ridiculously conspicuous like Ithica Verde (Missy Elliott green) but then the conservative side of me wonders how much of the wrong attention would that attract? I don't wear flashy floral Louis Vuitton silk shirts with gold Scarface sunglasses and chains either. Really more of a jeans and t-shirt guy but without the 40 yr old virgin New Balance sneakers lol
Old 07-21-2023, 12:54 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,022 Likes on 477 Posts

Originally Posted by eclou
I've always wanted a Huracan in something ridiculously conspicuous like Ithica Verde (Missy Elliott green) but then the conservative side of me wonders how much of the wrong attention would that attract? I don't wear flashy floral Louis Vuitton silk shirts with gold Scarface sunglasses and chains either. Really more of a jeans and t-shirt guy but without the 40 yr old virgin New Balance sneakers lol
Just go for it, its fun to experience for a bit as long as it isnt the only car you've got...then it's a annoying 😂.

Quick Reply: Trade in huracan evo for a 992 turbo S?