Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

Trade in huracan evo for a 992 turbo S?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2023, 11:12 PM
Mlarco52
Track Day

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Trade in huracan evo for a 992 turbo S?

Like the title states. I have been offered a allocation for a turbo S. Not sure what is the best move. I keep drifting towards the 992 every time I'm online searching for vehicle reviews and so on.

Only thing that worries is it won't obviously sound as good as a N/A v10 but then again a quick 200 cell cat and exhaust swap can make it sound fantastic...

Anyone went from huracan to 911?
Old 07-13-2023, 12:44 AM
ScratchTheItch
Racer

Received 200 Likes on 67 Posts

If anything they are complimentary cars but rare someone would cross shop them (an RS is closer comparison).
  • One is an obnoxious peacock "always an event" supercar that will feel raw and like an occasion. You know this as an owner but it swarms you with attention and is unlike 99.9% of the cars on the road.
  • The other is a practical speed demon that, although a rocket, blends in and looks like almost every other 911 on the road. It won't get attention, will be less of an occasion, but is 10x more livable while also being much faster but less emotional.
The fact you're cross shopping them tells me you're not sure what you want. Do you need a more livable, practical car? Are you tired of the attention of a lambo? I will say if you think a Turbo with a new exhaust sounds anything like a NA V10 I have a bridge to sell you.

I've owned two Huracans. I would never "replace" it with a Turbo. Although I am looking to ADD a Turbo as a semi-daily driver to compliment by current dedicated supercar (765LT).
The following 5 users liked this post by ScratchTheItch:
AlexCeres (07-16-2023), Exo (07-13-2023), GT Omologata (08-13-2023), heshalosny (08-03-2023), smell911 (08-05-2023)
Old 07-13-2023, 01:04 AM
Mlarco52
Track Day

Originally Posted by ChrisDM
If anything they are complimentary cars but rare someone would cross shop them (an RS is closer comparison).
  • One is an obnoxious peacock "always an event" supercar that will feel raw and like an occasion. You know this as an owner but it swarms you with attention and is unlike 99.9% of the cars on the road.
  • The other is a practical speed demon that, although a rocket, blends in and looks like almost every other 911 on the road. It won't get attention, will be less of an occasion, but is 10x more livable while also being much faster but less emotional.
The fact you're cross shopping them tells me you're not sure what you want. Do you need a more livable, practical car? Are you tired of the attention of a lambo? I will say if you think a Turbo with a new exhaust sounds anything like a NA V10 I have a bridge to sell you.

I've owned two Huracans. I would never "replace" it with a Turbo. Although I am looking to ADD a Turbo as a semi-daily driver to compliment by current dedicated supercar (765LT).
That makes sense thank you I appreciate it. I haven't ever even sat in a 911 so maybe that should be my first step, test drive one and see how it feels.

Yes the exhaust issue is definitely going to be different so I'm not quite sure about it just yet. Although looks wise they're both beautiful cars in different ways.
Old 07-13-2023, 01:18 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,633 Likes on 5,099 Posts

How do you plan on using the car?

I've daily'd alot of rather unique cars, from Porsche GT3/RS to Ferraris.

But even with my history, I don't think I would wan to daily a Huracan. The Huracan AWD is a blast to drive (never had a chance with the Evo), but in any guise I don't think I would want to daily a Huracan.

If you're going to get the car as a weekend cruiser or canyon carver, or just a fun car, then the Evo for sure. For anything else, the Porsche, hands down.
The following users liked this post:
AlexCeres (07-16-2023)
Old 07-13-2023, 01:26 AM
Mlarco52
Track Day

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
How do you plan on using the car?

I've daily'd alot of rather unique cars, from Porsche GT3/RS to Ferraris.

But even with my history, I don't think I would wan to daily a Huracan. The Huracan AWD is a blast to drive (never had a chance with the Evo), but in any guise I don't think I would want to daily a Huracan.

If you're going to get the car as a weekend cruiser or canyon carver, or just a fun car, then the Evo for sure. For anything else, the Porsche, hands down.
You make a good point I tend to drive the car on weekends never get time with work and family during the week or regular daily driving as I take trucks to my work. My only other concern is with the huracan replacement being announced the value of my car dropping too much. However now I'm hearing the replacement of the huracan will be alot higher in msrp then the current car something like 30% more as a starting msrp so it make just keep the huracan values up which may allow me to switch to another car such as a 911 turbo s a year or two later?
Old 07-13-2023, 08:21 AM
BIGJ
Instructor

Received 182 Likes on 70 Posts

I went from a 21 992 tts to a 21 Hurancan evo, back to a 21 992 tts
The P is a better car all around.
Old 07-13-2023, 08:51 AM
hcvone
Rennlist Member

Received 772 Likes on 486 Posts

It will never sound like a Lambo V10, NEVER, but depending on your exhaust and or headers and cat or no cat options, you can make it sound pretty darn good
Old 07-13-2023, 10:39 AM
Angryinch
Drifting

Received 1,095 Likes on 653 Posts

The TTS with a Soul catless race exhaust sounds amazing. It has a deep growl and tons of turbo noises.
Old 07-13-2023, 12:56 PM
ss2z06
Racer

Received 108 Likes on 62 Posts

I've been contemplating doing the opposite. I love my tts and always thought it was funny when people told me the car was too good. It honestly is. The tts is incredible but it almost takes me as a driver out of it. It sounds way better now with the exhaust and is a rocket off the line. The lambo sounds amazing still in comparison but will be slower if that matters. The huge factor will be if you want all of the attention or not. If you like the huge head turns go with the lambo. The porsche turns heads but in a different way.
AlexCeres (07-16-2023)
Old 07-13-2023, 05:10 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Received 1,645 Likes on 915 Posts

I never understand the “fast” comments. If all you want is fast and you dont care about sound, why not get a tesla plaid? Sports cars should provide emotion. Every drive should be an event.
The following 2 users liked this post by 3-Pedals:
StinkyYamaLinky (07-24-2023), Tupper (07-23-2023)
Old 07-13-2023, 05:38 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,097 Likes on 2,038 Posts

If it’s a weekend car, I want it to be an event every time I drive it.

A 911 isn’t that since we are comparing the two.
AlexCeres (07-16-2023)
Old 07-13-2023, 06:27 PM
feron315
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Mlarco52
Like the title states. I have been offered a allocation for a turbo S. Not sure what is the best move. I keep drifting towards the 992 every time I'm online searching for vehicle reviews and so on.

Only thing that worries is it won't obviously sound as good as a N/A v10 but then again a quick 200 cell cat and exhaust swap can make it sound fantastic...

Anyone went from huracan to 911?
Haha... I see you on the lambo forum. I am actually going the opposite route vs what you are considering. I have a 992 TTS and waiting for an allocation to change to a tecnica. The huracan is honestly not good as a car vs the TTS, it's slower, less usable, harder to drive around town, more outdated tech. However, it beats the TTS in terms of theater hands down. I drive my TTs only on the weekend and to me the TTS just isn't cutting it in terms making the drive an event
Old 07-13-2023, 09:32 PM
Mlarco52
Track Day

Originally Posted by feron315
Haha... I see you on the lambo forum. I am actually going the opposite route vs what you are considering. I have a 992 TTS and waiting for an allocation to change to a tecnica. The huracan is honestly not good as a car vs the TTS, it's slower, less usable, harder to drive around town, more outdated tech. However, it beats the TTS in terms of theater hands down. I drive my TTs only on the weekend and to me the TTS just isn't cutting it in terms making the drive an event
Haha it's funny as my local porsche dealer offered me a turbo S allocation without putting any money out of my pocket. I'm going to drive a friends turbo s this weekend and see how it feels. After reading everyone's comments I think I may just be in the best seat right now and hold onto my car.
Old 07-14-2023, 01:05 AM
Turbinator
6th Gear

Received 19 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisDM

Very well stated. I’ve owned both, went back for my 4th Turbo.

The Huracan looks great from the outside in.
The TTS looks better from the inside out.

the demographic that will follow you home in your Huracan is the same demographic that can’t tell the difference between a Cayman and a TTS.
It’s hard giving up the bling and going for a wolf in sheep’s clothing, but at least you can take it many more places than the Huracan will condition you to not take it.

the TTS is an all-business understated surgical knife, the Huracan is a full-speed chainsaw in Sesame Street colors. I miss the passion of the Italian but ultimately feel I did the right thing by breaking up with an insane girlfriend that was too demanding and impossible to live with.
The following 4 users liked this post by Turbinator:
heshalosny (08-03-2023), Just J (07-14-2023), ScratchTheItch (07-14-2023), StinkyYamaLinky (07-24-2023)
Old 07-14-2023, 01:14 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,633 Likes on 5,099 Posts

The Huracan is the girl you date.

The TT/TTS is the girl you put a ring on.
The following 6 users liked this post by ipse dixit:
AlexCeres (07-16-2023), BudFox6 (07-19-2023), grim sleeper (08-12-2023), heshalosny (08-03-2023), Just J (07-14-2023), RD16RR (07-14-2023) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)

Quick Reply: Trade in huracan evo for a 992 turbo S?