Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2023, 04:05 AM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,226 Likes on 599 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
The Huracan is the girl you date.

The TT/TTS is the girl you put a ring on.
Huracan is the girl you pay to go away

The TTS is the one you pay to stay lol
The following 6 users liked this post by eclou:
abiazis (07-17-2023), AlexCeres (07-16-2023), Angryinch (07-15-2023), heshalosny (08-03-2023), Medakiss (07-16-2023), StinkyYamaLinky (07-24-2023) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-14-2023, 11:04 AM
feron315
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbinator

I miss the passion of the Italian but ultimately feel I did the right thing by breaking up with an insane girlfriend that was too demanding and impossible to live with.
Excellent comparison haha but it's easier to live with a crazy super model if you only hang out with her in the weekend loll
The following users liked this post:
Turbinator (07-14-2023)
Old 07-14-2023, 01:46 PM
BenDiem
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 40 Posts

OP,

I’ll give you another perspective.
I own a ‘19 991.2TT & a ‘23 EVO. These two cars really compliment each other very well. I’ve got NA & FI covered. I have a performance exhaust on my TT & it sounds great to my ears! The EVO is just on another planet when it comes to sound…
I love both cars equally. However, in the interest of keeping this short & to the point, the 911TT is the best sports car extant. There, I said it! It just does everything extremely well. I’ve owned every fast sports car/fast coupes/fast sedans outside of Ferrari & McLaren, and there is nothing like a 911TT!
I’m waiting for the 992.2TT to come out, which will replace my 991.2…
If I had to choose btw a 911TT & anything else, it’s 911TT for me. YMMV.
GL/Cheers
heshalosny (07-15-2023)
Old 07-15-2023, 11:27 PM
EmMHoLLa
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 49 Posts

I went from a Huracan 610-4 to a 991.2 Turbo S and I'm very happy with the switch. The 911 is a better drivers car than the Huracan. It comes alive in the corners.

I made the swap for several reasons. The turbo is understated so I could go more places in it. Whereas the Huracan was more of an event/weekend car and When I wanted to drive a special car I always grabbed the keys to my 488.

In your case the 911 would probably compliment the Huracan well as others have stated. I'd also take a look at Ferrari's offerings as they may scratch the itch you're having.
Old 07-16-2023, 12:26 AM
Mlarco52
Track Day

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by EmMHoLLa
I went from a Huracan 610-4 to a 991.2 Turbo S and I'm very happy with the switch. The 911 is a better drivers car than the Huracan. It comes alive in the corners.

I made the swap for several reasons. The turbo is understated so I could go more places in it. Whereas the Huracan was more of an event/weekend car and When I wanted to drive a special car I always grabbed the keys to my 488.

In your case the 911 would probably compliment the Huracan well as others have stated. I'd also take a look at Ferrari's offerings as they may scratch the itch you're having.
I would have seriously considered the Ferrari f8 with a after market exhaust however the car is out of production and not available for order anymore.

Still debating back and forth on the turbo S as this type of car is still a more weekend car for me.
Old 07-16-2023, 10:04 AM
EmMHoLLa
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mlarco52
I would have seriously considered the Ferrari f8 with a after market exhaust however the car is out of production and not available for order anymore.

Still debating back and forth on the turbo S as this type of car is still a more weekend car for me.
I'd recommend an extended test drive of the Turbo S. Drive your Huracan to the dealership so you can compare the two back to back. The choice will be clear.
AlexCeres (07-16-2023)
Old 07-16-2023, 10:13 AM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Received 1,645 Likes on 915 Posts

Something isnt right here. People complaining about Lambo must be trying to drive it in the wrong conditions/wrong purpose. Lambo is an event car. Of course it will attract attention, it should. If you are trying to drive an event car but not attract attention, then you have an issue with your expectations. Conversely, if you are buying TTS as a weekend toy then you will be unhappy. Think of it as a much smaller, nimble, and powerful M4. It is truly a “daily” driver super car. Its not just a super car. People see the TTS as a faster Porsche GT3. Its a completely different car. It never was an F8 or Evo competitor. If you have space for 1 sports car and you are trying to fill that with TTS, you may not be happy.
The following 2 users liked this post by 3-Pedals:
feron315 (07-18-2023), heshalosny (08-04-2023)
Old 07-16-2023, 10:22 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,325 Likes on 2,460 Posts

Like the title states. I have been offered a allocation for a turbo S. Not sure what is the best move. I keep drifting towards the 992 every time I'm online searching for vehicle reviews and so on.

Only thing that worries is it won't obviously sound as good as a N/A v10 but then again a quick 200 cell cat and exhaust swap can make it sound fantastic...

Anyone went from huracan to 911?
911 is it’s own thing, and there are many distinct flavors of the 911. Spend some time driving 911s, and don’t take the allocation just because they’re hard to get at the moment. This will probably not be your last chance to get an allocation. Do your homework and be patient.
Old 07-16-2023, 11:19 AM
Turbinator
6th Gear

Received 19 Likes on 5 Posts

I remember how hard it was for me to move to the Lamborghini and trade in my last TTS. You get the bling, but you lose utility. And like a new watch, bling loses its luster after a while.

I can offer some additional perspective. Money and specifically resale value may be of no concern to you, and ultimately the EVO is the best iteration of the Huracan line, so if you love the car, go for it.

But if resale concerns you, you should place a tennis ball in your mouth, secure it firmly around your head with a bandana, grab your ankles very tightly and count to 2025, because that, my friend, is when Lamborghini unleashes its new Revuelto. Now take a look at the historical depreciation curve for the Gallardo, which was set out to pasture many years ago by the Huracan. As soon as the Huracan was released, Gallardo prices went in the tank, and even though they have slowly crawled back for some of the more desirable models, they never fully recovered.

Now also consider that the Huracan is the highest production sports car ever made by Lamborghini, and there are a lot in circulation in the market. Supply and demand against the backdrop of historical price drops at model change suggests Huracan prices may nosedive. This is exacerbated by the fact that Huracan owners tend to be attracted to the newest shiny object out there, whereas 911 owners often pride themselves on owning older versions.

Also consider that Lamborghini changes the platform and the name when each new model is released. Gallardo to Huracan to Revuelto. Porsche is much more conservative by design. It will always be a 911 irrespective of 992 vs 991 vs 997 etc. That translates into greater perceived continuity. Even though these are all depreciating assets, my sense is that the Porsche offers a more predictable depreciation model. Of course this ties in with how the TTS is so much more predictable in all areas, which in turn may translate into boredom or whatever else is driving you to look elsewhere.

I wouldn't let myself get caught in any Huracan given the pending model change, even though the Evo is a fantastic car and they did a tremendous job updating the technology in just the last few years. But choose what is right for you and enjoy it, and try not to beat yourself up too much irrespective of the final outcome of this apples vs oranges decision.
Old 07-16-2023, 02:04 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,097 Likes on 2,038 Posts

I didn't think the Revuelto is the successor to the Huracan, so there's still time to enjoy a Huracan without taking down a huge *****.

I did see spy photos of the Huracan replacement this past week, so I'm sure that will be released at the upcoming Monterey Car Week or something.
AlexCeres (07-16-2023)
Old 07-16-2023, 03:13 PM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Received 1,677 Likes on 1,027 Posts

The Revuelto isn’t anywhere remotely near the same price category.
Old 07-16-2023, 03:18 PM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Received 1,677 Likes on 1,027 Posts

A lot of good advice in this thread. I’d second the folks concerned OP is cross shopping two very different cars and maybe needs to spend more time test driving and soul searching.

The TTS is fantastic but a bit too good. If you could only have one car, the TTS is the pinnacle jack of all trades. But it doesn’t offer the occasion and drama of a Lambo. Not remotely. Heck, it doesn’t even offer the same drama as an NA Cayman. So the moment your garage has multiple cars, the TTS is challenged by others being better at one thing even if they aren’t as well rounded or good overall.

The TTS is a way better car overall. And if you’re going for a weekend drive … not nearly as exciting
ScratchTheItch (07-16-2023)
Old 07-16-2023, 03:47 PM
DTup
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbinator
I remember how hard it was for me to move to the Lamborghini and trade in my last TTS. You get the bling, but you lose utility. And like a new watch, bling loses its luster after a while.

I can offer some additional perspective. Money and specifically resale value may be of no concern to you, and ultimately the EVO is the best iteration of the Huracan line, so if you love the car, go for it.

But if resale concerns you, you should place a tennis ball in your mouth, secure it firmly around your head with a bandana, grab your ankles very tightly and count to 2025, because that, my friend, is when Lamborghini unleashes its new Revuelto. Now take a look at the historical depreciation curve for the Gallardo, which was set out to pasture many years ago by the Huracan. As soon as the Huracan was released, Gallardo prices went in the tank, and even though they have slowly crawled back for some of the more desirable models, they never fully recovered.

Now also consider that the Huracan is the highest production sports car ever made by Lamborghini, and there are a lot in circulation in the market. Supply and demand against the backdrop of historical price drops at model change suggests Huracan prices may nosedive. This is exacerbated by the fact that Huracan owners tend to be attracted to the newest shiny object out there, whereas 911 owners often pride themselves on owning older versions.

Also consider that Lamborghini changes the platform and the name when each new model is released. Gallardo to Huracan to Revuelto. Porsche is much more conservative by design. It will always be a 911 irrespective of 992 vs 991 vs 997 etc. That translates into greater perceived continuity. Even though these are all depreciating assets, my sense is that the Porsche offers a more predictable depreciation model. Of course this ties in with how the TTS is so much more predictable in all areas, which in turn may translate into boredom or whatever else is driving you to look elsewhere.

I wouldn't let myself get caught in any Huracan given the pending model change, even though the Evo is a fantastic car and they did a tremendous job updating the technology in just the last few years. But choose what is right for you and enjoy it, and try not to beat yourself up too much irrespective of the final outcome of this apples vs oranges decision.
LOL. It’s the Aventador replacement, so idk what you’re rambling on about.

Last edited by DTup; 07-16-2023 at 03:48 PM.
ScratchTheItch (07-16-2023)
Old 07-16-2023, 03:52 PM
EmMHoLLa
Instructor

My advice given what the OP is asking for

TTS = Fantastic all around every day auto. If it's the only weekend option it may leave you yearning for more especially coming from
the Huracan's screaming V10

If you're looking to move on from the Huracan I'd seriously consider one of Ferrari's offerings even if it's used. I used to love my Huracan until the 488 showed up. Since then Ferrari has released several 'better' options than the 488. So looking there may work. If it floats your boat McLaren may work too.

In a perfect world you'd have the 911 AND one of the other offerings. Lol. You'll find that most people who own the supercar brands also have a Porsche 911 in thier garage. Overall these are good problems to have. Good luck and enjoy in good health.
RD16RR (07-19-2023)
Old 07-16-2023, 04:10 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,325 Likes on 2,460 Posts

TTS is fun if you're able and willing to drive it fast, and the fun is more from the performance than the sound and feel of the car.

TTS is not particularly fun or interesting at more reasonable speeds, but, as many have said, it's a very good all-purpose car. Comfortable, good in the rain, capable of driving in snow with winter tires, capable of stunning speed on the road, as fast as Porsche GT cars on track.

Quick Reply: Trade in huracan evo for a 992 turbo S?