Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

Michelin Pilot Sport 4S Vs P-Zero OEM

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2022, 08:52 PM
Terrence
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

I searched on tire rack and also on Michelin’s own website, and it seems they do not make 4S for the 992 TT. I would love to buy a set of 4S. Perhaps it will have to be a set of Cup 2’s then.
Old 12-28-2022, 01:22 PM
CanAutM3
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,360 Likes on 634 Posts

The first video isn't worth much, just seems like a random dude babbling about. The second one is very good though, this Tyre Review guy knows his stuff and posts very good content in general.

The PSC2 aren't hardcore track tires. What they are is hybrid/dual-use tires that can serve daily duty as well as track days. I find they make sport oriented cars more enjoyable to drive even on the street, particularly cars that have been specifically tuned to run on them such Porsche GT-series cars. I used to have an M4cs that came with PSC2 and thought I would replace the PSC2 when worn with PS4S because I had a dedicated set of track wheels and tires; but I enjoyed the PSC2 so much as a daily tire that I decided to stick with them when they needed to be replaced.

With my 911, I can no longer schelpp a set of track tires with me, so I use the PSC2 as a dual use tire and they perform very well on both street and track. I really enjoy the crispness they brought to the handling over the PZ4 that came with my car. To me, they my 911 more enjoyable to drive even on the street.

Last edited by CanAutM3; 12-28-2022 at 01:24 PM.
Old 12-28-2022, 01:26 PM
CanAutM3
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,360 Likes on 634 Posts

Originally Posted by Terrence
I searched on tire rack and also on Michelin’s own website, and it seems they do not make 4S for the 992 TT. I would love to buy a set of 4S. Perhaps it will have to be a set of Cup 2’s then.
Indeed, no N-spec PS4S for the 992 TT/TT-S as of yet. Porsche and Michelin only made an S-spec tire for the 992 Carreras later in the game, so maybe there is still hope for the TT/TT-S.

Quick Reply: Michelin Pilot Sport 4S Vs P-Zero OEM