Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

Anyone getting allocations?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2022, 06:01 AM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

Received 742 Likes on 305 Posts

Got an allocation for a 911T at msrp Friday for trading in my 2022 GT4 at $2,000 more than my cost at msrp.
same day got called about an allocation for a GT3 at $65,000 over msrp. Then I got called by a Corvette dealer back in NY to offer me a C8 at msrp. Crazy day. It does seem the dealers I know are starting to feel these higher interest rates.

my third Porsche dealer told me that they overpaid for some GT cars and have stopped bidding on used vehicles as they expect to start getting stuck with. Ordered cars that clients cancel.
Old 10-24-2022, 07:27 AM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 1,019 Likes on 582 Posts

Originally Posted by Targa32
Got an allocation for a 911T at msrp Friday for trading in my 2022 GT4 at $2,000 more than my cost at msrp.
same day got called about an allocation for a GT3 at $65,000 over msrp. Then I got called by a Corvette dealer back in NY to offer me a C8 at msrp. Crazy day. It does seem the dealers I know are starting to feel these higher interest rates.

my third Porsche dealer told me that they overpaid for some GT cars and have stopped bidding on used vehicles as they expect to start getting stuck with. Ordered cars that clients cancel.
I am getting calls from dealers that I don't even know about cars
that is a sign of desperation
my dealer said that used 992 prices have dropped significantly at auction past week , as apparently a lot of non Porsche dealers are trying to get rid of stale inventory
we are heading back to normal markets which over all is a good thing
Old 10-29-2022, 09:40 PM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Received 1,677 Likes on 1,027 Posts

My dealer has no inventory. Everything is sold immediately except for apparently 2 macans and 2 panamera. Dealership was full of people interested in buying. He’s definitely not desperate.
Old 10-29-2022, 10:59 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,097 Likes on 2,038 Posts

When you guys say “My dealer…” from now on, can you name the dealership?
Old 10-29-2022, 11:53 PM
speedyj
Rennlist Member

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

gt3 production is done early next year.. only one more round of small allocations in November… so I don’t expect prices to move much on those.. other cars .. probably
Old 11-06-2022, 12:25 AM
tomshop
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Was at my dealer today. They told me they just got 3 allocations. 2 Turbo S’s and 1 non-turbo (they have customers for all). Said they get allocations every 3 months and it is very random. I have a 2021 Turbo S Cab and want a new one in a year. There are 2 people in front of me and they felt I should get mine in a year (I have been on the list for 6 months). This is a dealer I have bought many cars from and they have always been honest and open with me.
Old 11-06-2022, 01:24 AM
Terrence
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Sounds pretty consistent with my dealer’s past comments.
Old 11-06-2022, 02:19 AM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

Offer to trade tyour current car for an allocation of the new model you want. They will move you up if they like you in front of other guys on their list. Dealers definitely do not follow a strict first in first out allocation rule.
Old 11-06-2022, 09:55 AM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,022 Likes on 477 Posts

Offer to trade tyour current car for an allocation of the new model you want. They will move you up if they like you in front of other guys on their list. Dealers definitely do not follow a strict first in first out allocation rule.
The likelihood is if they are already saying he'll get the car when he would presuming those allocations, he's already that person. Most are being told years at best now otherwise other than the dealer here and there that likes selling local but doesnt have a huge market etc.
Old 11-06-2022, 03:37 PM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

If you impress dealers that your one of the “addicted” Porsche fanboys that pays cash for your cars and clearly will keep buying cars when they sell for less than market value and when they actually depreciate - then suddenly you will find your dealers will call you with allocation offers - and almost always at msrp. And rhey will prey on your addiction.

I actually get a little apprehensive when my secretary says “ Jeff Harry from xyz dealer is on the phone for you”…. I know he is likely going to offer me a car I won’t be able not to accept.
I turned down an allocation at msrp for the America Cab GTS and I also turned down a GT3 allocation with a $50,000 ADM last month. But I did take the Panamera Executive at msrp and a 911 T at MSRP and got a call from my Chevy dealer for an allocation on a Corvette C8 convertible at msrp with a December delivery at the Corvette Factory. These dealers can be like drug pushers once they know they have found a guy that has the car addiction gene.
The following users liked this post:
MontBlanc911 (11-07-2022)
Old 11-06-2022, 04:24 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Received 1,645 Likes on 915 Posts

I have an incoming TTS at msrp. I also have the first allocation for a C8 Z06 at msrp. I turned down two offers for 992 GT3 at or very near msrp due to being asked to pretrade my GT3RS (and if I accepted it, I would still have no car now for 13 months and counting). These msrp deals are definitely out there. You need a bit of luck, bit of bringing good business, and bit of persistence. I have had the 992 GT3 msrp offers in August 21 and January 22, when they were going for 100k over.

I also just sold my ZR1 for 30k over what I paid having put 22k miles on it.

Anything is doable. If one wants something in some terms, they can get it if they have enough determination.

The most important thing securing Porsche allocations is being a repeat customer, giving them business continuously. In my case I bought and sold multiple cars through one dealer. I also take my cars there for service. The dealers that offered me GT3s were out of state and I didnt know them which is why they demanded a pretrade. I would much rather work with my local dealer. You can build that relationship as well with yours.

Last edited by 3-Pedals; 11-06-2022 at 04:27 PM.
The following users liked this post:
thxbuff2001 (11-14-2022)
Old 11-15-2022, 10:42 PM
Engro
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by speedyj
gt3 production is done early next year.. only one more round of small allocations in November… so I don’t expect prices to move much on those.. other cars .. probably
I think it's the reverse. GT3 prices have gone down and they should go down more. GT3s are now in 250 range which is surprising considering they were 270 few weeks back.
140 GT3 listed under Cars.com for just MY 22 and that is about 2 years combined for TT/TTS MY21/22. Just insane.

I guess no one holds on to GT3s more than few months before flipping. Some of the flipper cars have barely any options
I would not touch any GT3 not for few months. Just too many available to be commanding a crazy price for useless flipper spec. How can there be shortage when a whooping 140 GT3 cars are for sale, and many have been for sale for 3-4 months and no one is buying them. TT/TTS prices have actually not gone down much which is bizarre. TT/TTS prices were not super inflated to begin with but to be fair to GT3, TT/TTS are not usually flipped same way as GT3s
Old 11-17-2022, 09:41 PM
zims2730
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zims2730
Placed a deposit in July, was told I’d be #1 on the list since I declined my December allocation and already waited for a few years. Was told they expected an allocation for me within a few weeks, weeks turned into Sept, Sept turned in 2nd week of Oct, October is now November. Is anyone else getting expected allocations or is everything behind right now? Thx
November, turned into November 15th, then November 17th… today is the 17th and nothing. “Who knows!” They make it sound like they got no 911 allocations since June. Say they are the 4th largest Porsche dealership in the country. What am I missing?
Old 11-18-2022, 08:50 AM
RySjaXn
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

I got a call from Paramount Porsche (NC) earlier this week on a GTS4.0 allocation. The SA also informed me they had TWO Turbo S allocations. I’m not in the market so I didn’t ask for the ADM but they were looking to get ~$10k for the GTS4.0.
Old 11-19-2022, 11:58 AM
wiseking
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have my GT Silver - Red TTS ready and showing waiting at Emden since Nov 4 ! wonder how long they are going to be held at the port waiting on some drivers to load up on the carrier

Quick Reply: Anyone getting allocations?