Notices
992 Turbo and Turbo S 2019-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

2022 Turbo S - how much over msrp have you heard?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2022, 03:04 PM
Azzurri GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

So found a new TTS, but 40k ADM.

I'd like to pay MSRP, but finding one on a lot that's new with no ADM is basically 0.
Old 08-01-2022, 03:06 PM
J Crew
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Azzurri GT3
So found a new TTS, but 40k ADM.

I'd like to pay MSRP, but finding one on a lot that's new with no ADM is basically 0.
Yep... 0

That $40k premium seems to be in the ball park with other dealers.
Old 08-01-2022, 03:34 PM
Azzurri GT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by J Crew
Yep... 0

That $40k premium seems to be in the ball park with other dealers.
Do I wait 2 years and pay MSRP or pay a premium and get to drive now and trade it in when I want something new a few years down the line.

Also, who knows where the market will be in 2 years,.
Old 08-01-2022, 03:51 PM
J Crew
Advanced

Do I wait 2 years and pay MSRP or pay a premium and get to drive now and trade it in when I want something new a few years down the line.

Also, who knows where the market will be in 2 years,.
I think 2023 is the last year of the gas-only powered engine. So some of the decision will depend on if you want a hybrid Turbo S or not.
Old 08-01-2022, 03:54 PM
Azzurri GT3
Rennlist Member

I think 2023 is the last year of the gas-only powered engine. So some of the decision will depend on if you want a hybrid Turbo S or not.
I'm not against it, but I'd prefer an ICE w/o electric
Old 08-01-2022, 03:59 PM
milrad
PS Armorer
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 57 Posts

Called one of my local dealers, asked if I could get on the list.

It's about an 18 month wait, 5k refundable deposit, but it's sold as MSRP, no ADM.
I ordered from my dealer last summer, got the allocation by October. $2500 deposit, MSRP, no ADM. Now that it has arrived, I also have to sign a 12-month dealer ROFR to get the car. I'm quite annoyed by this, but there really isn't another option to still get the car.

Old 08-01-2022, 04:07 PM
J Crew
Advanced

Originally Posted by milrad
I ordered from my dealer last summer, got the allocation by October. $2500 deposit, MSRP, no ADM. Now that it has arrived, I also have to sign a 12-month dealer ROFR to get the car. I'm quite annoyed by this, but there really isn't another option to still get the car.
1 year from date of order? Or 1 year from being added to the list?

I agree that I would be annoyed as well, but it seems like that would be hard for them to enforce.
Old 08-01-2022, 04:13 PM
milrad
PS Armorer
Rennlist Member

1 year from date of order? Or 1 year from being added to the list?
1 year from being added to the list - paid my deposit in August 2021. I think I was 3rd at the time, but the two in front of me wanted the Sport Design package that got put on hold, so I got to jump over them when they passed.

The first car was built in December/January and then got torched on the Felicity Ace. So this one is the second version, minus the painted exterior package.
Old 08-01-2022, 04:19 PM
J Crew
Advanced

Originally Posted by milrad
1 year from being added to the list - paid my deposit in August 2021. I think I was 3rd at the time, but the two in front of me wanted the Sport Design package that got put on hold, so I got to jump over them when they passed.

The first car was built in December/January and then got torched on the Felicity Ace. So this one is the second version, minus the painted exterior package.
Ahh, I see. That make more sense... jumping a couple of people will definitely help out haha. Glad you were able to snap one up at MSRP! My closest dealer is another state away and they only got one TTS last year... SA said maybe two this year! I don't have a choice but to pay up to get one. But I'm okay with it because it's my dream car!
Old 08-02-2022, 05:17 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,022 Likes on 477 Posts

I dont see a problem with a ROFR at ALL if you're paying MSRP for the car. They want you to have the car because you want it, not because there's upside. I actually would be happy if ALL dealers did this so people have to think whether they want the car, or the cash grab opportunity more...
The following users liked this post:
997C2Houston (08-02-2022)
Old 08-02-2022, 08:18 PM
milrad
PS Armorer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sechsgang
I dont see a problem with a ROFR at ALL if you're paying MSRP for the car. They want you to have the car because you want it, not because there's upside. I actually would be happy if ALL dealers did this so people have to think whether they want the car, or the cash grab opportunity more...
I generally agree, but I guess I'm looking at it differently in this case 1) because this was not in place at the time the deal was made and 2) my first car got torched and Porsche's response was basically "Oh well. Sorry, we will make you another one. Except you can't have all the things you had on the first one. Too bad you agonized for 2 months over the exact spec." Not even a damn hat for the inconvenience.

So yes, I'm not too happy about how I have been treated. And since I sold my daily once the TTS was on the ship (my choice, I know), I've been a little put out.

I could have just refused the car. Almost did. But I didn't, so here I am, with a "not quite right" car and a limitation of what I can do with it.

Old 08-02-2022, 08:26 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,097 Likes on 2,038 Posts

In regards to FROR, who gets to decide the value of the car? If market is $250k and dealer says they’ll only give $125k?
Old 08-02-2022, 08:35 PM
milrad
PS Armorer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by shrimp money
In regards to FROR, who gets to decide the value of the car? If market is $250k and dealer says they’ll only give $125k?
It's at MSRP. They can decline to buy it, or they can buy it back at MSRP. No downside for them, only upside, because for sure they will resell it at whatever premium to MSRP that the market will bear.

Best case for me is that I get to drive a car for up to a year for only the operating costs. Worst case is I eat all the depreciation if I want to sell and the market has dropped.

So their position is "even" or better. Mine is "even" or worse.

Old 08-04-2022, 06:22 PM
crazyrob
Racer

Received 131 Likes on 67 Posts

Chevy dealers are getting $50k ADM for Z06’s at this point.

It’s a mad, mad world.
Old 08-04-2022, 06:34 PM
hcvone
Rennlist Member

Received 771 Likes on 486 Posts

Originally Posted by crazyrob
Chevy dealers are getting $50k ADM for Z06’s at this point.

It’s a mad, mad world.
Many scumbag dealers taking advantage, I am happy to say my dealerships that I order my Corvette's from they do not play those games

Quick Reply: 2022 Turbo S - how much over msrp have you heard?