Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

Cold feet -- Anyone regret their TT/S?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2024, 05:49 PM
caxsf
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well, searching for the right car experience is something quite personal. I have driven many cars before, and I may have been spoiled by driving for many many miles a Mercedes SLS that is likely one of the most engaging and fun cars to drive nowadays.

In my case, I search for a sense of communication and linear and crisp feedback from the interaction with the car, both in slow and intense driving. TTS a tremendously capable car, amazingly engineered, but unfortunately some of the engineered vectors of the car are not the ones that ring the bell more intensively to me. Never drove McLarens drove a few Ferraris, and I can say clearly, that for instance even being less efficient, an F12 driven hard in a mountain drive is way more engaging than the Turbo S. Even is the turbo S will be able to be faster. Most cars cannot compete with the 911 in the 0-60 times, but they are way more rewarding. Particularly in the 992 Generation. For instance I don't like the way the 992 GT3 drives, I don't like its steering, I do not like its engine note ( I know...I may be one of the few persons in the world ), but I totally love the 997.2 GT3 RS. All about its chassis, its response, its engine noise, it naughty quick rotation on braking and accelerating..etc..etc..For me the 992 feels completely numb. It is faster, more efficient, more engineered, but not what I lilke. Overall this is not about these carts beeing better or worse, but I was just sharing my honest and a bit frustrated experience. I totally rejoice and celebrate the fact that many of you find the 992 TTS the best car ever. I wish I would to...it would be much easier to me
Old 05-07-2024, 05:57 PM
Dicecal
Instructor

Received 72 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by caxsf
Well, searching for the right car experience is something quite personal. I have driven many cars before, and I may have been spoiled by driving for many many miles a Mercedes SLS that is likely one of the most engaging and fun cars to drive nowadays.

In my case, I search for a sense of communication and linear and crisp feedback from the interaction with the car, both in slow and intense driving. TTS a tremendously capable car, amazingly engineered, but unfortunately some of the engineered vectors of the car are not the ones that ring the bell more intensively to me. Never drove McLarens drove a few Ferraris, and I can say clearly, that for instance even being less efficient, an F12 driven hard in a mountain drive is way more engaging than the Turbo S. Even is the turbo S will be able to be faster. Most cars cannot compete with the 911 in the 0-60 times, but they are way more rewarding. Particularly in the 992 Generation. For instance I don't like the way the 992 GT3 drives, I don't like its steering, I do not like its engine note ( I know...I may be one of the few persons in the world ), but I totally love the 997.2 GT3 RS. All about its chassis, its response, its engine noise, it naughty quick rotation on braking and accelerating..etc..etc..For me the 992 feels completely numb. It is faster, more efficient, more engineered, but not what I lilke. Overall this is not about these carts beeing better or worse, but I was just sharing my honest and a bit frustrated experience. I totally rejoice and celebrate the fact that many of you find the 992 TTS the best car ever. I wish I would to...it would be much easier to me
Can’t argue with you on a V12 Ferrari, there is simply nothing that sounds better and is quite engaging. However I’m looking at a Turbo S for a fun daily driver, which will certainly fill that role well. Albeit with somewhat limited storage capacity, and rarely need a back seat anymore either.

Furthermore I would not want to daily a V12 Ferrari . Way too much drama, especially with the skidist nature of something like an F12. Cold weather, wet , cold tires- you could be the next hit on a YouTube video.

Last edited by Dicecal; 05-07-2024 at 06:23 PM.
Old 05-07-2024, 10:57 PM
wintershade
Rennlist Member

Received 287 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Pathy
Interesting that you gravitated toward the Carrera T. This guy bought one brand new and was even more disappointed in it:
Seems like he didn’t like 18 way seats, RAS, had a couple minor warranty claims, and was “in too deep” financially to afford a $4500 aftermarket exhaust. I don’t think the T is his problem.

That size of the 992 is big, and I also wish they kept the T a NB car. That’s worse on the TT through. You really feel those extra 2 inches.

991 GT3 touring is my favorite of the lot. Just wish it had factory back seats. I’ve heard they can be added aftermarket but makes me nervous.
Old 05-08-2024, 04:22 AM
Pathy
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts

Thanks for the useful input. Out of curiosity, what cars do you have in your garage right now? Do you have any "keepers" that you don't intend to ever sell?

It feels like you're more of a Ferrari guy. Although SLS AMG doesn't appeal to me at all; it feels more like a muscle car than anything else.
Old 05-08-2024, 06:06 PM
L76
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 42 Posts

Sir... you need to try a Cayman. 981 GTS, 981 GT4, 718 GTS 4.0, 718 GT4...

Cheers,
L76
Old 05-09-2024, 07:19 AM
HOTCHKIS
Racer

Received 162 Likes on 86 Posts

Nope
The following users liked this post:
mashoutposse (05-13-2024)
Old 05-09-2024, 12:25 PM
L76
Rennlist Member

@OP - No regrets. 992 TTS. Only regrets in my life are the things I have not done. Get the TT(S) and don't look back.

cheers,
L76
The following 3 users liked this post by L76:
abiazis (05-10-2024), mashoutposse (05-13-2024), radctt1 (05-09-2024)
Old 05-13-2024, 07:38 PM
Jkb545
Racer

Received 193 Likes on 97 Posts

This will be an interesting question once a 992.2 comes out – the hybrid version.
Old 05-13-2024, 09:08 PM
L76
Rennlist Member

Talking

Originally Posted by Jkb545
This will be an interesting question once a 992.2 comes out – the hybrid version.
How so? Does a happily married man question his decision when a younger girl comes along? Never mind. I guess I answered my own question here. Some do. Some don't.

Cheers,
L76
Old 05-13-2024, 09:30 PM
Jkb545
Racer

Received 193 Likes on 97 Posts

“Cold feet -- Anyone regret their TT/S?”

Old 05-13-2024, 11:49 PM
Engro
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 162 Posts

No regrets. 2+ plus years since I had my car and 8k driven. Several tracks days and canyon drives. Brings a smile to my face each time I hit the loud pedal and immediately back off since I’m doing triple digits on the street. I try to fill void and need for insane speed by doing track days. Best part is waking up early on the weekends and doing canyon drives with my son.
Angryinch (05-14-2024)
Old 05-14-2024, 12:20 AM
Billy Bluejay
Racer

Received 194 Likes on 104 Posts

Caxsf ‘s drivers IQ seems very high. Way higher than mine. Did he not do his homework before plunking down the $$? Seems like some of his negatives could have been talked about in some review videos since 2022. Is this a situation of more money than time and just not enough due diligence?

Honest proposal: I’ll send you $100 for video of your facial expression (or lack of) during two 992 TTS launches to 60. I can’t imagine describing it as emotionless. I just want to see what it looks like.

Honest question (maybe not really): How does the coffee taste in the Alfa Romero service department while waiting for the Guilia? (/s)
Angryinch (05-14-2024)
Old 05-15-2024, 11:20 AM
RD16RR
Burning Brakes

Received 352 Likes on 205 Posts

"Regrets,,,,I've had a few.....then again.....too few to mention"....
-FS

TTS isn't one of them
HOTCHKIS (05-16-2024)

Quick Reply: Cold feet -- Anyone regret their TT/S?