Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

Porsche 911 Turbo S (992)

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2021, 01:06 PM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Anyone tracks their Porsche with pccb? what's your experience - good or bad.
Since this is the first Porsche "race" car equipped with pccb by following other high profile race cars like McLaren and Ferrari etc. shouldn't there be a reason?
Old 08-12-2021, 01:46 PM
peterdouglas
Burning Brakes

Received 357 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by RacingBrake
Anyone tracks their Porsche with pccb? what's your experience - good or bad.
Since this is the first Porsche "race" car equipped with pccb by following other high profile race cars like McLaren and Ferrari etc. shouldn't there be a reason?
Personally, while I subjectively consider the performance and handling of my 992TTS as being close to “track” quality, it is by no means and in no sense a “‘race’ car”.

What is the “reason” the poster is seeking?
Old 08-12-2021, 02:27 PM
JAJ
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by peterdouglas
Personally, while I subjectively consider the performance and handling of my 992TTS as being close to “track” quality, it is by no means and in no sense a “‘race’ car”.

What is the “reason” the poster is seeking?
I think @RacingBrake is pointing out that top-end sports cars, like McLaren, Ferrari, Lamborghini and the rest are routinely delivering carbon ceramic brakes on these cars. Now Porsche is taking the same approach with the 992 Turbo S, which rolls out of the factory with carbon ceramics as standard equipment.

So, what's the "reason" in the question? Carbon ceramic brake technology has advanced a long way. Twenty years ago, they were basically fashion accessories. Looked good but really couldn't handle much track work. Since then, they've evolved into very capable brakes for the hardest use most drivers can throw at them. If your Porsche comes with PCCB's, they're not fragile any more. You can leave them on if you're going to the track. The perceived need to switch to iron, so prevalent for so long, is pretty much obsolete.

Against that background, RB's value proposition is pretty simple: "Would you rather pay Porsche prices or RB prices for carbon ceramic consumables?"
Old 08-13-2021, 05:45 PM
CanAutM3
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,309 Likes on 612 Posts

Propaganda thread…
The following 2 users liked this post by CanAutM3:
peterdouglas (08-13-2021), rk-d (08-13-2021)
Old 08-13-2021, 05:54 PM
peterdouglas
Burning Brakes

No forum rules that I am aware of prohibit user JAJ from acting as an [undisclosed] shill for Racing Brake.
But ... maybe there should be.

On second thought - there definitely should be rules against it.
Old 08-13-2021, 06:10 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,471 Likes on 2,815 Posts

No forum rules that I am aware of prohibit user JAJ from acting as an [undisclosed] shill for Racing Brake.

Agree. This is triggering my BS detector big time.

I’m sure RacingBrake is an excellent company, but the shilling really turns me off.
The following users liked this post:
peterdouglas (08-13-2021)
Old 08-13-2021, 08:29 PM
JAJ
Cruisin'

I prefer to think of myself as a "supporter" of a forum registered vendor. I bought the product - with my own money - I've used it for four years and I like it. That I was invited by @RacingBrake is fully disclosed in my opening post.

Lots of members post that they like a product from a vendor - why am I being singled out for special treatment because I happen to like this vendor's products?
Old 08-14-2021, 11:54 AM
peterdouglas
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JAJ
I prefer to think of myself as a "supporter" of a … [vendor] ….

[W]hy am I being singled out for special treatment ….
Rest assured - you are not treated in any way differently than anyone else posting comments or material remotely similar to yours.
Old 08-14-2021, 12:48 PM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by CanAutM3
Propaganda thread…
Instead why don't you tell us of your "Unpropaganda" knowledge and true story on your track experience out of carbon ceramic brakes.
Old 08-14-2021, 01:09 PM
JAJ
Cruisin'

Rest assured - you are not treated in any way differently than anyone else posting comments or material remotely similar to yours.
Here's a post with positive enthusiasm for a vendor's product that didn't seem to generate any pushback or accusations of being a shill:

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...l#post14937724

Ok, so I use a few more words, but like the poster in the above, I like the product. I actually like the product he's talking about too.
Old 08-14-2021, 01:47 PM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Anyone ever seen this first and the only review posted by Dave Donohue - The professional Porsche racer as a propaganda?
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...no-cost-7.html

Just like reading JAJ's review, point it out where you think is a propaganda and debate with your true experience, or knowledge, or whatever you have heard, feel free to express your opinion that's what a forum is all about so rennlist members can learn both sides of stories.

My thought of inviting John to offer his experience on his CCB set up was because he is very similar to most of the Porsche enthusiasts who use their cars both on street and track, but very particular on track improvement and lowering the maintenance cost.

So let's get some real and meaningful discussion on "PCCB Or Not PCCB" which you have seen a dozen of the same title in the past decades. I started this thread under 992 Turbo S for a reason as it's the first Porsche car comes with CCB as default, why Porsche did this? must be a reason yes? and tell Porsche why you think they shouldn't be doing this (with pccb)

If you are a serious track goer I can safely say you should have already rebuilt your Porsche calipers with RB rebuild components, or you are running your calipers w/o dust boots just like those "experts" advised "don't bother in replacing them". Some day this shall apply the same to Porsche brake rotors - If you are a serious track goer you shall be either running on RB-CCB or take some "experts'" advice and run on iron brakes - It's your choice no right or wrong.

We are a brake system developer and all our brake products are developed and made to perform better and last longer than OE and others. Moreover we changed the conventional wisdom on conventional brakes.

Warren-RB
Old 08-16-2021, 03:24 PM
peterdouglas
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JAJ
I prefer to think of myself as a "supporter" of a forum registered vendor. I bought the product - with my own money - I've used it for four years and I like it. That I was invited by @RacingBrake is fully disclosed in my opening post.

Lots of members post that they like a product from a vendor - why am I being singled out for special treatment because I happen to like this vendor's products?
in my personal experience,

Posters supporting or endorsing a product who provide verifiable, objective data and information seem to me to be invariably well received.

Posters who provide discursive, long, wordy, off-topic, apparently shilling endorsements which provide mainly subjective, unverified and/or objectively unsupported opinions tend not to be well received or (understandably) given much of any credibility.

Some posters (and some vendors) seem to me personally to fall clearly into one or the other of the two categories, while some cannot be so easily categorized.

To me - in my personal opinion - your posts on this forum have fallen into the shill/“disregard whatever this person says” category on the basis of these criteria.

Of course, you should feel free to continue to post whatever subjective, off/topic, unverified, fact-free opinions you want in this or any other sub-forum - no one can stop you, but you can expect to be treated in a manner that reflects whether or not your posts are objectively informative or just more shilling for one of your sponsors.

No offense intended - but I would plan to research how to block your posts in that case.

Last edited by peterdouglas; 08-17-2021 at 08:40 AM.
The following users liked this post:
CanAutM3 (08-17-2021)
Old 08-25-2021, 01:15 PM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Front brake pad: The deepest pad (95mm) to surpass any and all CCM brake pads ever known in size.

Old 08-25-2021, 01:28 PM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

It's better for you to point out if any rennlist user who posted their track experience as John on his CCM brakes so members can learn from them, so do I. As I have been wondering... Why people would order pccb and then changed to iron brakes for track racing?

Any Porsche track driver who had issues with their pccb on tracks and afraid to ask, or being influenced by Jeff's iron kits, here is a good time to hit John with your questions, doubts, and concerns.

Let's discuss something more constructive in a positive way.

Old 08-25-2021, 04:40 PM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

This forum even allows spammers to pointlessly assaulted a forum vender (after I reported to the administrator), how it compares to a factual and valuable track experience posted by John.

You can simply "unsubscribe" from this thread and leave this thread to other readers who are interested in learning how CCB works on tracks than making those negative & nonconstructive criticisms.

Warren-RB

Quick Reply: Porsche 911 Turbo S (992)