Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

Porsche 911 Turbo S (992)

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2021, 10:31 PM
peterdouglas
Burning Brakes

Received 357 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by RacingBrake
This forum even allows spammers to pointlessly assaulted a forum vender (after I reported to the administrator), how it compares to a factual and valuable track experience posted by John.

You can simply "unsubscribe" from this thread and leave this thread to other readers who are interested in learning how CCB works on tracks than making those negative & nonconstructive criticisms.

Warren-RB
Purely subjective, fact-free opinions from posters of unsubstantiated credentials such as a poster who appears to be simply a shill for a vendor should be discouraged. Sponsors who promote that kind of material should be avoided - and viewed with a high degree of skepticism and caution.

Vendor/sponsors who provide FACTUAL and OBJECTIVE data and information should be strongly encouraged - including this vendor, IF they decide to do so.

Old 08-25-2021, 10:51 PM
peterdouglas
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RacingBrake
Front brake pad: The deepest pad (95mm) to surpass any and all CCM brake pads ever known in size.
Sounds interesting:
1. What are the statistics and data that show that this “deepest” feature offers superior performance or durability or other desirable characteristics?
2. Who is the manufacturer?
3. Which dimension of the pad do you mean when you refer to “deepest”? Most similar objects’ dimensions are measured by length/width/thickness - not clear to me which dimension of a brake pad you think might be “deepest”.
Old 08-30-2021, 01:49 PM
jeff33702
Rennlist Member

Received 385 Likes on 266 Posts

^ Curious, do your forum regulations allow for the use of the word "douche" or other superlatives, if such behavior is witnessed? I mean, you did seem to write some set of rules that you feel really strongly that others should live by. I think people can make up their own minds - seems like you're trolling the hell out of this.
Old 08-30-2021, 09:45 PM
JAJ
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by peterdouglas
Sounds interesting:
1. What are the statistics and data that show that this “deepest” feature offers superior performance or durability or other desirable characteristics?
2. Who is the manufacturer?
3. Which dimension of the pad do you mean when you refer to “deepest”? Most similar objects’ dimensions are measured by length/width/thickness - not clear to me which dimension of a brake pad you think might be “deepest”.
Brake pad dimensions and the terminology used to describe them is well explained here: https://www.essexparts.com/news-blog...d-owners-guide

They also explain why each dimension matters, including pad depth, Note that they refer to "pad depth" as "pad radial depth" to keep it from being confused with thickness.
Old 08-30-2021, 09:56 PM
peterdouglas
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JAJ
Brake pad dimensions and the terminology used to describe them is well explained here: https://www.essexparts.com/news-blog...d-owners-guide

They also explain why each dimension matters, including pad depth, Note that they refer to "pad depth" as "pad radial depth" to keep it from being confused with thickness.
Thank you very much- very useful clarification to know that the poster apparently intended to mean the radial dimension of the pad when referring simply to pad depth.

Would be helpful to know actual performance and manufacturer data.
Old 08-30-2021, 10:22 PM
JAJ
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by peterdouglas
Thank you very much- very useful clarification to know that the poster apparently intended to mean the radial dimension of the pad when referring simply to pad depth.

Would be helpful to know actual performance and manufacturer data.
I'd love to have the mu and MOT for the pads, but RB's not sharing. Of course, they're not alone - check out the "Porsche Racing Pads" catalog - they have a set of completely indecipherable curves showing pad performance. They do show mu, but there's no information at all about MOT. I know the RB ST600 mu is close to the Pagid RSC1 because I've run them back to back and can't tell which is which. But as for MOT, no idea.

Update: Essex uses "radial depth" but not everyone else. Here's a screen cap from the Pagid Racing site for a front pad for the 718 GT4 and a bunch of other Porsche's:

Pagid is happy to just say "Pad Depth" and let the user divine the meaning from the context.

Last edited by JAJ; 08-30-2021 at 11:48 PM.
Old 09-08-2021, 12:49 PM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Front pad:

195x94x18mm

How OE pads performed on street/track?

Quick Reply: Porsche 911 Turbo S (992)