Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

Turbo S Build delays...

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2021, 10:59 AM
Fixinbones
Pro

Received 132 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by rk-d
Porsche changed the way they do PTS. Supposedly, this way, the build locks way early to allow them to line up logistics in a timely manner. PTS has historically been plagued by huge delays. The reason my build is so long is because Porsche shut down new PTS allocations for the months of April to July delivery dates. My original allocation was awarded as a July delivery. We shifted it to August delivery to fit within the PTS window. Porsche then bumped it another month from there. So my build that would normally be delivered in 2 months, now was pushed to a September delivery.

The build lock then dragged out until this week and evidently Porsche bumped it 2 more months. Because, who the hell knows. Who knew green paint was so dependent on microchips.

At this point, I'm just happy that the thing locked with my configuration... I hardly noticed that Porsche had bumped it.

So that's the saga. 2 months is the norm and my original build slot would have been within that timeframe. But I had to get cute with PTS and now it's November. 😉

It's all good - I've had fun with this. It's been a nice distraction from real work.
how did you decide on the oak green color there’s a few other nice deep green metallics like the British racing green metallic?
Old 05-08-2021, 12:29 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,471 Likes on 2,815 Posts

Originally Posted by Fixinbones
how did you decide on the oak green color there’s a few other nice deep green metallics like the British racing green metallic?
There are a lot of greens. There are the flat greens: Irish, British racing green, Underberg Green, Brewster Green. Irish and BRG are beautiful, but a little brighter than I wanted. Underberg has a bit of olive in it, which I wasn't looking for. Brewster can look really nice, but it's a dark, flat green which can look a little dead under overcast skies. Plus this being a daily driver, a dark flat green is basically like flat black and maintenance is a nightmare.

The dark metallic greens are Jet green metallic, Porsche racing green metallic, Forest Green Metallic and OGM. Jet Green has been used on Cayennes in the past which made me a little less enthusiastic. Porsche racing green metallic is very similar to Jet green. Confusingly, there is also "Racing Green Metallic" which is Aston Martin Green - a pretty color but something I really associate with Aston Martin. Malachite Green and Fjord Green were contenders but a little lighter than I liked.

I was really into Forest Green Metallic and debated that one and Oak Green for awhile. Forest Green is a dark green with a teal undertone. Oak green has a bit of gold flake. Personally, I found the OGM a little more interesting and unique, but Forest Green is still a beautiful color.

The trick is to hopefully get a color that Porsche won't recycle into its standard/optional colors. You don't want to spend this kind of money only to have Porsche offer it for free the next year. OGM is a heritage color and, along with Brewster, has been a Porsche family color. That also weighed in its favor.

Probably way more than what you wanted to know - but picking these colors is pretty drawn out.
Old 05-08-2021, 05:15 PM
Fixinbones
Pro

Received 132 Likes on 70 Posts

Listen for that money you’ve got to do your research and due diligence to make sure you’ll be happy with the end result. I’ve always been drawn to green metallic colors but never has the guts to pull the trigger. I’ve got a TT coming and a touring allocation both in GT silver. I guess some would call my taste a bit boring.
Old 05-11-2021, 12:01 AM
GTS21
Racer

Received 116 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by GTS21
My 6/18 dealer arrival just changed to 7/2. Crap.
And now 7/9. Great
Old 05-11-2021, 12:31 AM
riotgear
Rennlist Member

Received 481 Likes on 211 Posts

Mine has been sitting at the port for the past 3 days. It’s <40 miles from my dealer. I should feel lucky given the types of delays people are experiencing.

Last edited by riotgear; 05-11-2021 at 03:59 PM.
Old 05-11-2021, 02:58 PM
Domer911
Rennlist Member

Received 356 Likes on 191 Posts

Track Your Dream kinda sucks. Mine recently went from July 9 delivery to June 25 delivery. Says it's waiting on a vessel at Emden Port currently.

I purchased from Palm Springs, and from the first day on the tracker it showed the car arriving at dealership (less than 3 hours away) on the same day it arrived in San Diego Port. Until now.

Now it shows arrival at port in San Diego on June 25, and it has moved my dealer arrival date back to July 2. (I guess they will be pushing it to the dealership

Track your Dream kinda sucks, lol.
Old 05-13-2021, 04:15 PM
Domer911
Rennlist Member

Today TYD still kinda sucks, but is telling me June 11 arrival at dealership. Haha.
Old 05-13-2021, 09:53 PM
CanAutM3
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,310 Likes on 613 Posts

Mine finished production yesterday and seems on track.
Old 05-13-2021, 10:00 PM
Domer911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CanAutM3
Mine finished production yesterday and seems on track.
ahhh...that's just what they want you to think, hehe...
Old 05-13-2021, 10:05 PM
CanAutM3
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Domer911
ahhh...that's just what they want you to think, hehe...
What do you mean ?

This thread's title is about build delays. Mine did not get delayed, it is produced. I realize there could still be shipping delays from here though.

Last edited by CanAutM3; 05-13-2021 at 10:07 PM.
Old 05-13-2021, 10:20 PM
Domer911
Rennlist Member

What do you mean ?

This thread's title is about build delays. Mine did not get delayed, it is produced. I realize there could still be shipping delays from here though.
I'm having some fun with the fact that the info provided on Track Your Dream isn't particularly reliable. Mine was also out of production, until it wasn't. Probably had to do with chip and other supply side delays, but I've learned the tool is pretty wonky. And the information provided to the dealer is also inaccurate AND inconsistent with that provided in Track Your Dream.
The following users liked this post:
CanAutM3 (05-14-2021)
Old 05-13-2021, 10:26 PM
OmarMurray
Track Day

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yep. Hope you enjoyed them like I did!
lol 😩
Old 05-14-2021, 12:01 PM
CanAutM3
Three Wheelin'

I'm having some fun with the fact that the info provided on Track Your Dream isn't particularly reliable. Mine was also out of production, until it wasn't. Probably had to do with chip and other supply side delays, but I've learned the tool is pretty wonky. And the information provided to the dealer is also inaccurate AND inconsistent with that provided in Track Your Dream.
What phase is your vehicle stated in "track your dream"? There should be a date that specifies when it finished production (mine is 2021-05-12), has that date changed for you?

Old 05-14-2021, 01:20 PM
Domer911
Rennlist Member

What phase is your vehicle stated in "track your dream"? There should be a date that specifies when it finished production (mine is 2021-05-12), has that date changed for you?
mine went into production March 29, completed about 15 days later, then showed up as back "in production" within just a couple more days. The last date it emerged from production was May 4, and I have good reason to believe that it truly is at the port and will be on a ship in the next two days. The info provided is cool, just not very accurate. That's my primary message. It's a rough approximation of reality. That's been my experience this time around.

Technically we are "same phase."

Last edited by Domer911; 05-14-2021 at 04:00 PM. Reason: more info
The following users liked this post:
CanAutM3 (05-14-2021)
Old 05-18-2021, 09:51 AM
VWH3RD
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

"Track" says my car is at the Port and will be put on the vessel Bishu Highway.
Weird thing is all of the sudden it jumped my delivery date up 20 days

Hoping this is correct

Quick Reply: Turbo S Build delays...