Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

New build for 2022 turbo s

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2021, 09:44 PM
911token
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default New build for 2022 turbo s

Scheduled delivery late August, 2022 model 911 turbo s; thoughts on build are welcome:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNR38ZF0
The following 2 users liked this post by 911token:
Boulder Mike (04-11-2021), crazyrob (04-10-2021)
Old 04-09-2021, 09:52 PM
SLATETT
Rennlist Member

Received 188 Likes on 92 Posts

I love LO .. nice spec
Old 04-09-2021, 09:54 PM
redyps
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by 911token
Scheduled delivery late August, 2022 model 911 turbo s; thoughts on build are welcome:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNR38ZF0
You may want to create a bit more pop with that bold exterior color. The color is fun but the rest seems a bit spartan.
Old 04-09-2021, 10:35 PM
911token
Intermediate

Originally Posted by redyps
You may want to create a bit more pop with that bold exterior color. The color is fun but the rest seems a bit spartan.
suggestions??
Old 04-10-2021, 02:33 AM
redyps
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 169 Posts

suggestions??
$1900 Sport Seats Plus Backrest Shells in Leather with Painted Inlay Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
$3650 Deviated Stitching Interior Package Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
$520 Steering Column Casing in Leather Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
$3440 Extended Dashboard and Door Panel Package in Leather Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur

The following 2 users liked this post by redyps:
928 GT R (04-11-2021), Bluehighways (04-10-2021)
Old 04-10-2021, 02:54 AM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Received 2,735 Likes on 1,288 Posts

I’d probably drop the Matrix LED Headlights since they’re not functional in the US. I’d also pass on the assisted power steering. These cars are so easy to steer without it, it seems to be an option in search of a problem that doesn’t exist. Spend what you save here on something(s) like others have suggested.
Old 04-10-2021, 03:10 AM
digits
Rennlist Member

Received 348 Likes on 186 Posts

I don't know what's important to you, but since you asked - and since it's your money

For a little more exterior fun, consider:

Side Skirts in Exterior Color
Exterior Mirror Base in High Gloss Black
Rear Side Air Intakes in High Gloss Black
Model Designation on Rear in High Gloss Black
Rear Lid Grille Vertical Slat Inlays in High Gloss Black

I highly recommend these:
Preparation for Roof Transport System (I thought you got this with a sunroof, but now maybe not - pay $60 to be sure?)
PASM Sport Suspension (Lowered 10mm) (this makes the stance look a lot better)
Lane Change Assist (LCA) (it's worth it if it prevents just one accident)
Passenger Cupholder Trim in Leather (this should just be standard)
Sun Visors in Race-Tex (should be standard - unless you want to buy them yourself later without ugly stickers)

Also:
Sport Exhaust System incl. Tailpipes in Black (maybe you like the quads, but this sounds better - you don't see the exhaust from the driver's seat, you hear it)
I wish I hadn't wasted money on Burmester because now that there's finally sport exhaust in the TTS and I find I never use the sound system.

If you aren't into deviated stitching, but you want to spruce up the interior with just a little additional leather, then:
Steering Column Casing in Leather
Extended Dashboard and Door Panel Package in Leather

If you like the brushed aluminum trim then go for it, but consider that the default trim matches nicely with: Heated GT Sport Steering Wheel with Trim in Matte Carbon Fiber (way better than the plastic)
I also always cover the plastic seat backs (e.g. brushed aluminum, carbon fiber, or leather)

Unless you really, really like the fancy new clock, I'd skip: Sport Chrono Package with Porsche Design Subsecond Clock
The following 2 users liked this post by digits:
coastal (04-10-2021), motown (04-11-2021)
Old 04-10-2021, 09:32 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,515 Likes on 2,830 Posts

Originally Posted by digits
I don't know what's important to you, but since you asked - and since it's your money

Side Skirts in Exterior Color
Exterior Mirror Base in High Gloss Black
Rear Side Air Intakes in High Gloss Black
Model Designation on Rear in High Gloss Black
Rear Lid Grille Vertical Slat Inlays in High Gloss Black

I highly recommend these:
Preparation for Roof Transport System (I thought you got this with a sunroof, but now maybe not - pay $60 to be sure?)
PASM Sport Suspension (Lowered 10mm) (this makes the stance look a lot better)
Lane Change Assist (LCA) (it's worth it if it prevents just one accident)
Passenger Cupholder Trim in Leather (this should just be standard)
Sun Visors in Race-Tex (should be standard - unless you want to buy them yourself later without ugly stickers)

Also:
Sport Exhaust System incl. Tailpipes in Black (maybe you like the quads, but this sounds better - you don't see the exhaust from the driver's seat, you hear it)
I wish I hadn't wasted money on Burmester because now that there's finally sport exhaust in the TTS and I find I never use the sound system.

If you aren't into deviated stitching, but you want to spruce up the interior with just a little additional leather, then:
Steering Column Casing in Leather
Extended Dashboard and Door Panel Package in Leather

If you like the brushed aluminum trim then go for it, but consider that the default trim matches nicely with: Heated GT Sport Steering Wheel with Trim in Matte Carbon Fiber (way better than the plastic)
I also always cover the plastic seat backs (e.g. brushed aluminum, carbon fiber, or leather)

Unless you really, really like the fancy new clock, I'd skip: Sport Chrono Package with Porsche Design Subsecond Clock
I find myself very intrigued by the new clock. I prefer analog clocks because I can get a sense of the time much quicker with a glance than with the tiny digital clock in the standard sport chrono. For now, I have this spec'ed.
Old 04-10-2021, 11:37 AM
RCorsa
Pro

Received 440 Likes on 197 Posts

I’d do the carbon package including the wheel and door sills. I have it in mine and it’s a huge upgrade. Have to do the sport exhaust as well.

visually with that I would add color stitching and probably do the exclusive wheels painted black and the black led matrix lights.

the combo of orange and black with carbon will look amazing
Old 04-10-2021, 11:44 AM
turbonator
Instructor

Received 125 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluehighways
I’d probably drop the Matrix LED Headlights since they’re not functional in the US.
Any idea whether this can be activated after delivery, perhaps by a third party tuner or software hack?
Old 04-10-2021, 12:08 PM
911token
Intermediate

Originally Posted by digits

i thought sports chrono package was needed for 2.6 0-60 based on Porsche overview page
Old 04-10-2021, 12:18 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 879 Likes on 442 Posts

i thought sports chrono package was needed for 2.6 0-60 based on Porsche overview page
The standard sports chrono comes for free with the car. The new Porsche Design, fancier looking one, is a large upgrade charge.
Old 04-10-2021, 12:37 PM
911token
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Steve 96C4S
The standard sports chrono comes for free with the car. The new Porsche Design, fancier looking one, is a large upgrade charge.
ok, so even if without the upgrade it will have the mode selector on the steering wheel? The description doesn't make it clear what is standard vs included in the upgrade (highly confusing) things like tire temperature display, launch control, mode selector on steering wheel etc
The following users liked this post:
crazyrob (04-10-2021)
Old 04-10-2021, 12:40 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 879 Likes on 442 Posts

ok, so even if without the upgrade it will have the mode selector on the steering wheel? The description doesn't make it clear what is standard vs included in the upgrade (highly confusing) things like tire temperature display, launch control, mode selector on steering wheel etc
Yes....
Old 04-10-2021, 12:51 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,515 Likes on 2,830 Posts

The description is written for Carreras. It does not explain that the Turbo/S already have this standard. In that case, the chrono package just gets you the clock. I'm not sure if there is a price difference between the Turbo and Carrera for this package.

EDIT: $3900 for Carrera vs $1200 for Turbo

Last edited by rk-d; 04-10-2021 at 02:37 PM.
The following users liked this post:
911token (04-10-2021)

Quick Reply: New build for 2022 turbo s