Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

New build for 2022 turbo s

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2021, 01:11 PM
crazyrob
Racer

Received 131 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by digits
I don't know what's important to you, but since you asked - and since it's your money

For a little more exterior fun, consider:

Side Skirts in Exterior Color
Exterior Mirror Base in High Gloss Black
Rear Side Air Intakes in High Gloss Black
Model Designation on Rear in High Gloss Black
Rear Lid Grille Vertical Slat Inlays in High Gloss Black

I highly recommend these:
Preparation for Roof Transport System (I thought you got this with a sunroof, but now maybe not - pay $60 to be sure?)
PASM Sport Suspension (Lowered 10mm) (this makes the stance look a lot better)
Lane Change Assist (LCA) (it's worth it if it prevents just one accident)
Passenger Cupholder Trim in Leather (this should just be standard)
Sun Visors in Race-Tex (should be standard - unless you want to buy them yourself later without ugly stickers)

Also:
Sport Exhaust System incl. Tailpipes in Black (maybe you like the quads, but this sounds better - you don't see the exhaust from the driver's seat, you hear it)
I wish I hadn't wasted money on Burmester because now that there's finally sport exhaust in the TTS and I find I never use the sound system.

If you aren't into deviated stitching, but you want to spruce up the interior with just a little additional leather, then:
Steering Column Casing in Leather
Extended Dashboard and Door Panel Package in Leather

If you like the brushed aluminum trim then go for it, but consider that the default trim matches nicely with: Heated GT Sport Steering Wheel with Trim in Matte Carbon Fiber (way better than the plastic)
I also always cover the plastic seat backs (e.g. brushed aluminum, carbon fiber, or leather)

Unless you really, really like the fancy new clock, I'd skip: Sport Chrono Package with Porsche Design Subsecond Clock
Grab some of those high gloss black parts if you can. Lava Orange is way too much for me, but the contrast with the high gloss will be stunning. Agree also with some deviated stitching. Congratulations!!
The following users liked this post:
911token (04-10-2021)
Old 04-10-2021, 01:32 PM
911token
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve 96C4S
Yes....
thanks, first time Porche buyer and it is maddening trying to figure out what is standard and what is not. Ok, getting rid if the sports chrono then and invest in other items
Old 04-10-2021, 01:52 PM
crazyrob
Racer

Originally Posted by 911token
thanks, first time Porche buyer and it is maddening trying to figure out what is standard and what is not. Ok, getting rid if the sports chrono then and invest in other items
Awesome! The TTS will be my third Porsche and I highly doubt you will be disappointed. Driving them is my therapy - miles and smiles.
911token (04-10-2021)
Old 04-10-2021, 02:39 PM
911token
Intermediate

Originally Posted by crazyrob
Awesome! The TTS will be my third Porsche and I highly doubt you will be disappointed. Driving them is my therapy - miles and smiles.
looking forward to it. Will update as my build progresses
Old 04-10-2021, 02:50 PM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,504 Likes on 964 Posts

well-optimized build in terms of price...I had a hard time speccing one under $230k -

you could try carbon fiber mirrors
steering wheel cover wrapped in leather
fuse boxes in leather
lightweight and noise insulated glass
911token (04-10-2021)
Old 04-10-2021, 03:52 PM
digits
Rennlist Member

Received 348 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by rk-d
I find myself very intrigued by the new clock. I prefer analog clocks because I can get a sense of the time much quicker with a glance than with the tiny digital clock in the standard sport chrono. For now, I have this spec'ed.
This is a very good point. Maybe selecting this option means that, unlike the normal 911 sport chrono clock, you actually get a clock with two hands for hours and minutes. Here's the default sport chrono clock:

Has anyone come across a picture of the new optional sport chrono clock in any Porsche literature, yet?
Old 04-10-2021, 04:20 PM
crazyrob
Racer

I'm not positive, but I think you get something like this?

Old 04-10-2021, 04:53 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,515 Likes on 2,830 Posts

Originally Posted by crazyrob
I'm not positive, but I think you get something like this?

I'm fairly positive this is what it looks like. Here's a closer pic. It looks nice. Feels silly spending $1200 for a clock, but I have been wanting a two handed clock in the cabin. I love the giant analog clock in my 993.

The following 2 users liked this post by rk-d:
crazyrob (04-11-2021), Steve 96C4S (04-10-2021)
Old 04-10-2021, 06:03 PM
hcvone
Rennlist Member

Received 805 Likes on 499 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluehighways
I’d probably drop the Matrix LED Headlights since they’re not functional in the US. I’d also pass on the assisted power steering. These cars are so easy to steer without it, it seems to be an option in search of a problem that doesn’t exist. Spend what you save here on something(s) like others have suggested.
They are only for USA, and they are FANTASTIC

LED-Matrix Design Headlights in Black incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+)

Includes:
  • Elements in Black -Daytime running light trims in Matte Black; outer headlight ring in Dark Chrome; and reflective ambient speed lines
  • Dynamic Cornering Light - Dynamic cornering lights swivel the low beam in accordance with cornering characteristics, depending on the steering angle.
  • Speed-Dependent Headlight Range Control - Speed-dependent headlight range control increases light distribution after 3,300 feet at 68 mph or higher, or immediately after 81 mph and above provided the steering wheel is not turned sharply.
  • Sport Mode - Activated in Sport mode - allows for greater swivel angle depending on steering input.
  • High Beam Assistant - When a camera located inside the rear-view mirror detects the headlights of an oncoming vehicle, the high beams are automatically turned off at a distance of approximately 2,600 feet. If the taillights of a vehicle traveling in front are detected, the high beam is then turned off at a distance of approximately 1,300 feet

Note: Full LED-Matrix functionality (individual operation of 84 LEDs) is limited for the US market. Individual LEDs are programmed to operate as a single light source to perform the functions listed above.
Old 04-10-2021, 07:34 PM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,504 Likes on 964 Posts

Originally Posted by rk-d
I'm fairly positive this is what it looks like. Here's a closer pic. It looks nice. Feels silly spending $1200 for a clock, but I have been wanting a two handed clock in the cabin. I love the giant analog clock in my 993.

Hell that clock is AWESOME!! I'd drop trou for it.
Old 04-10-2021, 10:44 PM
dgerstel
AutoX

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

I know that I went a bit overboard, but at 76, "you only live once" takes on a whole new meaning. Like 911token I do love orange, my last and present car below. The last time I had a Porsche was in the early 1970's, when I had a VW and Porsche repair shop in CA.

Here is my build, hope to have it the first of next year. The Deviated Stitching is in Lava Orange, and does not show in the photos.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNQB9NY3

Last edited by dgerstel; 04-10-2021 at 11:07 PM.
crazyrob (04-11-2021)
Old 04-10-2021, 11:53 PM
Fixinbones
Pro

Received 132 Likes on 70 Posts

“A bit overboard”. Yeah, Lol
Old 04-11-2021, 02:03 AM
911token
Intermediate

Nice build! @dgerstel
Old 04-11-2021, 03:00 AM
911token
Intermediate

Should I drop the led matrix design in black in favor of sports exhaust black?

also my dealer is recommending something called ‘interior & exterior protect - Premier” for about 1500. Anyone have experience with it in terms of protection from paint chips etc. Supposedly it is a ceramic coating. Shoul I get it or go with a after market paint protection wrap?
Old 04-11-2021, 07:31 AM
peterdouglas
Burning Brakes

Received 357 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by turbonator
Any idea whether this can be activated after delivery, perhaps by a third party tuner or software hack?
Yes - feature enabled by dealer software change when NTHSA changes its adaptive headlight rule.

See https://www.regulations.gov/docket/N...unified-agenda

Quick Reply: New build for 2022 turbo s