Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

PSE v. Standard Quad

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2020, 11:15 PM
digits
Rennlist Member

Received 348 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by stef@europipe
Cold start on a 992 Turbo S with the sport exhaust button activated is relatively quiet as the valves remain closed! Once the idle speed is down to normal rpm you can push the button again and the valves open.
I didn't know that! That might work out nicely for me. Not that it was extremely loud, but I always used to start my 991.2 TTS with the garage door closed (trying to be nice to my neighbors). When my 992 with PSE arrives maybe I can stop bothering and cut down on my carbon monoxide exposure
The following users liked this post:
maxmartin (09-14-2021)
Old 10-03-2020, 10:17 AM
Pad Bender
Rennlist Member

Received 1,301 Likes on 656 Posts

Valves closed on cold start is a good thing for me and my reputation ...

I have been terrorizing my neighbors for years with my modded RS5.
Old 10-03-2020, 01:21 PM
ER911S
Pro

Received 232 Likes on 136 Posts

I am planning to buy a TTS and like the quad system look better and plan to do after market exhaust.
991 valved systems are around $4K with the ability to be catless and that includes tips. 992 system would not need tips as they are no longer connected to the exhaust system so hopefully it should be cheaper .
Seems like a no brainer then to not go with PSE but do you know if the after market valved system connect to the Porsche OEM connections which would mean they can then be activated like the PSE system?
Old 10-03-2020, 03:43 PM
lkngshrp
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts
Default I’m on the fence to be honest

I’m enjoying my loud car now but know that when mine arrives I’ll be ready for quiet fast performance lol. I’m leaning towards the quads and will likely go aftermarket at some point.
Old 10-04-2020, 09:59 PM
PorscheJN
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by ER911S
I am planning to buy a TTS and like the quad system look better and plan to do after market exhaust.
991 valved systems are around $4K with the ability to be catless and that includes tips. 992 system would not need tips as they are no longer connected to the exhaust system so hopefully it should be cheaper .
Seems like a no brainer then to not go with PSE but do you know if the after market valved system connect to the Porsche OEM connections which would mean they can then be activated like the PSE system?
Both of the systems are valved and both open past 3.5k RPM. The difference is with PSE you can manually open the valve via button and its slightly louder.

Quick Reply: PSE v. Standard Quad