Hoooah!
The following users liked this post:
dixonk (06-03-2024)
Old 06-03-2024, 07:12 PM
PTS
Rennlist Member

Received 3,022 Likes on 1,388 Posts

Originally Posted by seatactony
Re recline brackets, they are not as necessary in 992 as they were in the 991. Had them in my 991 and they were an absolute must. Given the positioning of the buckets in the 992, however, the tilt effectively increases as you lower the seat. If you are like me and drop your buckets to the floor, very good chance you will not need/want the brackets.
Disagree. Mine are always all the way lowered and are still just as upright as they are if raised up. They do not recline as they lower. I daily my 992 and don't mind the stock recline that much but for track days wearing a helmet you're basically pushed past 90 degrees. They are a big help
LiveNupe (06-03-2024)
Old 07-02-2024, 03:35 PM
dimab0
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DodoBrd
no, you just remove the front two bolts, then insert the bracket. Word of advice, the bolts have loctite or something so you must use the exact wrench specified in the instructions.
The two different site with these brackets have different instructions.
One calls for disconnecting battery, removing seat altogether, etc (https://www.trackspecauto.com/ts001).
The other plainly says to remove the two front screws and insert brackets without removing seat (https://www.designsbyjacob.com/pages...t-installation).

I don't know the reason for the difference in instructions....
Old 07-02-2024, 03:53 PM
IndyM
Rennlist Member

Received 125 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by dimab0
One calls for disconnecting battery, removing seat altogether, etc (https://www.trackspecauto.com/ts001).
The other plainly says to remove the two front screws and insert brackets without removing seat (https://www.designsbyjacob.com/pages...t-installation).

I installed the Designs by Jacob brackets without removing the seats. Not super easy (or comfortable), but definitely doable. And easier than removing the seats, in my opinion.
Old 07-02-2024, 03:58 PM
dimab0
Intermediate

Has anyone installed the TrackSpec brackets? Is seat removal required?
Old 07-02-2024, 04:13 PM
dixonk
Rennlist Member

Received 1,769 Likes on 790 Posts

Has anyone installed the TrackSpec brackets? Is seat removal required?
It will take you longer to try and install it in the car than it will to remove the seat. Seat removal is a 10 min job.
GT3 Mike (07-02-2024)
Old 07-02-2024, 04:15 PM
WenigerAberBeser
Rennlist Member

Received 1,395 Likes on 732 Posts

I have no idea why you would need to take the whole seat out. Once you take the front two bolts out the seat can basically move all the back.

btw, whenever you disconnect the battery, you have to teach your windows to auto roll up and down. it's in the manual
Old 07-02-2024, 04:26 PM
GT3 Mike
Rennlist Member

Received 1,094 Likes on 589 Posts

I took the seats out. Simple and made the bracket change very easy.
dixonk (07-02-2024)
Old 07-21-2024, 09:21 PM
dimab0
Intermediate

Im ready to rip my face off. Have everything installed but can’t get this *green* screw in far enough for the nut to catch. Any tips? What the heck am I doing wrong? I got this done just fine on passenger side.

Old 07-22-2024, 03:36 PM
IndyM
Rennlist Member

Received 125 Likes on 72 Posts

Im ready to rip my face off. Have everything installed but can’t get this *green* screw in far enough for the nut to catch. Any tips? What the heck am I doing wrong? I got this done just fine on passenger side.
Getting the alignment right is admittedly a bit of a PITA. I think I used a screwdriver to align and then tapped the bolt through with a rubber mallet.
Old 07-22-2024, 03:39 PM
dimab0
Intermediate

Originally Posted by IndyM
Getting the alignment right is admittedly a bit of a PITA. I think I used a screwdriver to align and then tapped the bolt through with a rubber mallet.
I did get it to align and work finally. I had to get the alignment perfect with a 7mm hex. Pain in the *** especially since the passenger side door wasn't too bad... Anyways, now it's a success. Thank you.
Old 07-22-2024, 07:55 PM
cyn
Intermediate

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts
Question

I just bought a set of these as I'm trying to find a way to make the LWCB's a bit more comfy for longer drives so I don't have to rip them out and replace with a set of Recaros or something. I ended up going with the Trackspec just as I thought the L shape design would be a bit more sturdy. @dimab0 are the alignment issues you hit with Trackspec ?
Old 07-23-2024, 08:46 AM
PTS
Rennlist Member

Received 3,022 Likes on 1,388 Posts

Originally Posted by cyn
I just bought a set of these as I'm trying to find a way to make the LWCB's a bit more comfy for longer drives so I don't have to rip them out and replace with a set of Recaros or something. I ended up going with the Trackspec just as I thought the L shape design would be a bit more sturdy. @dimab0 are the alignment issues you hit with Trackspec ?
If looking for more comfort in the buckets consider P1 Designs seat inserts with the added foam option. They feel much better and look the part

Last edited by PTS; 07-23-2024 at 08:49 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by PTS:
cyn (07-23-2024), P1Designs (07-24-2024)
Old 07-23-2024, 12:45 PM
dimab0
Intermediate

Originally Posted by cyn
I purchased the DesignsbyJacob brackets. I suspect you will run into the same problems with any bracket, regarding alignment. The only way to make this easier on yourself is if you choose to completely remove the seat and sliding track from the car completely and assemble the brackets out of the car. Then, insert everything back in. I decided not to do this mainly because I didn't want to deal with unplugging any wiring from the seats and my approach was much easier with the exception of aligning the bolt.
I am very happy with the seat recline now, it's way more comfortable on my lower back.
cyn (07-26-2024)
Old 07-26-2024, 06:26 AM
cyn
Intermediate

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

Installed the Trackspec riser on the driver seat this evening. Seems to feel nicer from just sitting in the garage but will have to go for a drive to really check.

Opted to do it in the car rather than remove the seat.

Gotchas:
- You need a 16mm ratcheting wrench to undo the right/inside OEM bolt. It's done up tight and has sticky Locktite. It's a royal pain to undo. I actually had to go buy a set of ratcheting wrenches.

- Cutting the little OEM cable tie is surprisingly hard and annoying. Use a good blade, free the cable itself by cutting the thin tie then you have to really hack at the part that is connected to the rail. Think it'll be easier on the passenger side.

- Like others have said, getting the OEM bolt through after you've attached the bracket is painful. Required a lot of banging on the seat up a bit, down a bit and shining a torch to make sure it was right inline, then you have to really push hard to get the bolt back through.

- I "lost" the second OEM bolt for about two minutes which freaked me out. Looked everywhere... The magnet on the back of the torch had snapped it up. Crisis averted.

- oh, and I had to borrow my neighbor's small torque wrench for the 72 inch pound needed on the smaller bolt

Last edited by cyn; 07-26-2024 at 06:30 AM.

Quick Reply: Must Have Mods for GT3