Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 23RS is for sale!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2023 | 09:53 AM
richk
Drifting

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
That's what I thought too until I actually owned and driven one. I've even taken it to the track a few times and the car is definitely a lot more lively in fast sweeping turns without the aero of the winged version. The thing that I really like about the car is that is very stealthy and doesn't attract as much attention as a winged GT3 so it's fun to drive around town as well as craving up the canyons because it has the same power and suspension of a GT3/RS.
You aslo built a beautiful touring...one of the nicest ive seen.

There are some great DE events...speed district has a good format.

You run 20 mins every hour...they have 3 groups, fast, intermediate, and beginner
The following users liked this post:
usctrojanGT3 (07-10-2023)
Old 07-10-2023 | 10:07 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by richk
You aslo built a beautiful touring...one of the nicest ive seen.

There are some great DE events...speed district has a good format.

You run 20 mins every hour...they have 3 groups, fast, intermediate, and beginner
Thank you sir, I'm glad that I picked Brewster as the color, it's so subtle but so rich in color.

I used to do BMW CCA events when I was starting out with my E46 M3 and 997 GT3 but then migrated up to the PCA events. However, as I got busier and busier as a realtor on weekends it's hard for me to get away for a 2-day PCA event so the mid week SD events, especially at Buttonwillow, really fit the bill for me. Josh and team run one of the best DE events in town.
Old 07-10-2023 | 10:19 AM
Truth Slayer
Advanced

Scrappy- So you rarely ever drive your multitude of super cars, tracking them is boring over time. What purpose , other than looking at them or claiming ownership, do they serve?

Last edited by Truth Slayer; 07-10-2023 at 10:20 AM. Reason: commission
Old 07-10-2023 | 10:54 AM
Justaroofer
Banned

Originally Posted by Truth Slayer
Scrappy- So you rarely ever drive your multitude of super cars, tracking them is boring over time. What purpose , other than looking at them or claiming ownership, do they serve?
​​​​​​​To look at! I think the track folks have lost their marbles and have forgotten Porsche is about providing the ultimate driving experience for a production car.... that just so happens to work as a track car.

Not the other way around. The Porsche cult has diluted the cars original purpose with their driving gloves and aviator sun glasses and meaningless banter of track days.

Want a race car, build one. Hell ever the 1g launch of a Turbo S can't compare to a purpose built racecar(or truck for that matter).
Truth Slayer (07-10-2023)
Old 07-10-2023 | 10:59 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

From: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)

Originally Posted by Justaroofer
To look at! I think the track folks have lost their marbles and have forgotten Porsche is about providing the ultimate driving experience for a production car.... that just so happens to work as a track car.

Not the other way around. The Porsche cult has diluted the cars original purpose with their driving gloves and aviator sun glasses and meaningless banter of track days.

Want a race car, build one. Hell ever the 1g launch of a Turbo S can't compare to a purpose built racecar(or truck for that matter).
Spoken like someone who doesn't and can't drive a car at a high level on a track, but imagines that he's a good driver and thinks he's extracting the potential of his GT cars on the street ... ​​​​​​​
The following 3 users liked this post by Manifold:
BlazinPond (07-10-2023), ExMB (07-10-2023), smiles11 (07-10-2023)
Old 07-10-2023 | 11:25 AM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Scrappy1972
Do track guys ever get tired of driving their street cars at lapping events? I mean, isn’t the next logical step to learn race craft and engage in competition in an actual race prepped car? It injects a whole other level of adrenaline and creates a greater sense of purpose, not to mention real time benchmarking of ones skill. I realize the intensity isn’t for everyone and it can sometimes be a humbling experience for those who are content just being the king of DE days.
Sorta get where you are coming from. I love learning new tracks and have driven ~45 NA tracks. I migrated to TT as the act of adding a transponder gets my attention better than just burning tires. Then again I also like going to a DE with some friends and just chilling out.

Peter
Scrappy1972 (07-10-2023)
Old 07-10-2023 | 11:29 AM
Justaroofer
Banned

Originally Posted by Manifold
Spoken like someone who doesn't and can't drive a car at a high level on a track, but imagines that he's a good driver and thinks he's extracting the potential of his GT cars on the street ... 
Thanks for proving my point beautiful 😘. Take note GT stand for Grand Tourer. That means street performance car in simple folks speak. I'm going to throw a random # out that's probably pretty close to accurate.... I'd suspect less than 15-20% of the people who buy GT cars have ever been to a track let alone a spectator at an event. The last event I found entertaining was the Texaco Grand Prix that went through downtown Houston in 1998. For what it's worth, I've made it very clear.... straightline racing and top speed is my Jam. Not turning. This ****s more entertaining to me than cup car racing.... now imagine doing this same thing in a 1000hp at the wheel TRX on weld racing wheels running 33" NT420V street/ strip radials.... itd be like Tokyo drift Tonka truck style.

​​​​​​​https://youtu.be/Twy131Qyyz4

Last edited by Justaroofer; 07-10-2023 at 11:40 AM.
Scrappy1972
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Truth Slayer
I drive them as much as I can, just not on the track. Actually, I do intend to take my RS to the track later this year but I don't plan to do it routinely. Don't get me wrong, I think occasional tracking can be fun but I personally prefer to race.
raymort
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fxz
if you remove from Rennlist

ADM vs MSRP
Sofa vs LWB
Manual vs PDK
Manual top vs Automatic top

And last but not least my favorite->

i know the next secret Pcar that you peones don"t know

then wouldn't remain much on this forum
Steel vs PCCBs?
Old 07-10-2023 | 11:33 AM
Scrappy1972
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 85Gold
Sorta get where you are coming from. I love learning new tracks and have driven ~45 NA tracks. I migrated to TT as the act of adding a transponder gets my attention better than just burning tires. Then again I also like going to a DE with some friends and just chilling out.

Peter
Qualifying sessions can be as intense (or more) than some races so I'm sure TT's (and time attacks) also get the juices flowing.
Old 07-10-2023 | 12:11 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Thanks for proving my point beautiful 😘. Take note GT stand for Grand Tourer. That means street performance car in simple folks speak. I'm going to throw a random # out that's probably pretty close to accurate.... I'd suspect less than 15-20% of the people who buy GT cars have ever been to a track let alone a spectator at an event. The last event I found entertaining was the Texaco Grand Prix that went through downtown Houston in 1998. For what it's worth, I've made it very clear.... straightline racing and top speed is my Jam. Not turning. This ****s more entertaining to me than cup car racing.... now imagine doing this same thing in a 1000hp at the wheel TRX on weld racing wheels running 33" NT420V street/ strip radials.... itd be like Tokyo drift Tonka truck style.

https://youtu.be/Twy131Qyyz4
You proved something, but not what you think you proved.

​​​​​​​BTW, GT3 is a racing class.
The following 2 users liked this post by Manifold:
BlazinPond (07-10-2023), supershaft (07-10-2023)
Old 07-10-2023 | 12:26 PM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

To look at! I think the track folks have lost their marbles and have forgotten Porsche is about providing the ultimate driving experience for a production car.... that just so happens to work as a track car.

We've all seen your repeated post w/ your ladder in your car as you go to job sites using 1% of the car's capabilities. Reinforces the 'look at me' persona while attempting to counter those of us that prefer to drive our cars at/near the limit.

Money bought you a few GT cars recently.... but it certainly did not buy you any class. We've seen that time and time again of your first 140 posts on Rennlist.
The following 2 users liked this post by BlazinPond:
RealityGT (07-10-2023), smiles11 (07-10-2023)
Old 07-10-2023 | 12:47 PM
Justaroofer
Banned

Originally Posted by BlazinPond
We've all seen your repeated post w/ your ladder in your car as you go to job sites using 1% of the car's capabilities. Reinforces the 'look at me' persona while attempting to counter those of us that prefer to drive our cars at/near the limit. Money bought you a few GT cars recently.... but it certainly did not buy you any class. We've seen that time and time again of your first 140 posts on Rennlist.
Dude you dont get it. The ladder pic is actually poking fun at what offends you people. The cars being used as a daily whatever mobile. We(most the people that buy these cars) do not give 2 flucks about what others think about how we use these cars. It's actually comical watching others become agitated that we don't choose to abuse a street car on the track. Nor let them sit and watch the seals rot. We drive them how we please and when someone posts a comment against the cults myopic belief system they attempt to dog pile while people such as myself do not care live rent free in said individuals head based on them becoming agitated on how someone else is using what their money paid for. I'm a ghetto white boy, with Redneck desires and ebononics that can flow smoothly on the drop of a dime. I don't need class soap box speech from a forum keyboard warrior. So back to topic.... GTs work great in McDonald's drive thrus picking up kids meals and diet coke fixes. Turns great around the curb. ​​​​​​​Edit: Money doesn't buy GT cars.... we all know it's relationships that buys these pieces of production beauty. I'm just a trashy bitch with a gluten for punishment mind set.

Last edited by Justaroofer; 07-10-2023 at 12:51 PM.
Old 07-10-2023 | 12:49 PM
Justaroofer
Banned

Originally Posted by Manifold
You proved something, but not what you think you proved. BTW, GT3 is a racing class.
What's its 60ft time? Trap speed/ weight? My TRX runs a 9.92 1/4 mile at 6400lbs. That's basically super street truck class. Yours? Best forward G recorded was 1.42G with a .97 Lateral G that was sketchy AF, but hilarious.

Last edited by Justaroofer; 07-10-2023 at 12:53 PM.
Old 07-10-2023 | 12:54 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

What's its 60ft time? Trap speed/ weight? My TRX runs a 9.92 1/4 mile at 6400lbs. That's basically super street truck class. Yours?
If you think these Porsches, especially the GT cars, are mainly about acceleration, you really have no clue.

Quick Reply: My 23RS is for sale!