Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 23RS is for sale!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2023 | 10:49 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Justaroofer
Ok. Well they must not be comfortable having that conversation with you then yet. Regardless, I can assure you those guys that are trading in now will have last consequences from PCNA. They have the highest sales prices recorded for both a 4RS and Sport Classic. So you can't tell me there's not $ being greased on both ends of the spectrum.
Not comfortable having that conversation with me? I've been a customer with them for over 6 years with over a dozen transactions in that time so I doubt that would be the case. The GM and SM are total straight shooters and have always told me how it is which I really appreciate.

Keep in mind that they have a handful of VIP 918 customers so it could have been one of those customer's cars. That being said, I'm sure the decision to trade back those customer cars back to the dealer was solely the customer's decision.
Old 07-09-2023 | 10:53 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

[deleted]
Care to share which dealer offered you $100k for your slot? Do you really think your dealer would take you flipping your allocation for a $100k over to another dealer? I highly doubt that and you'd be shut out and maybe PCNA might even come calling. PCNA needs to put a stop to dealers buying allocations from other dealers or people for over MSRP, stop feeding the stealer trolls.

Last edited by ipse dixit; 07-10-2023 at 12:49 AM. Reason: Edited to remove offending quoted post
Old 07-09-2023 | 10:56 PM
Justaroofer
Banned

Originally Posted by Manifold
Some guys who buy track cars and don’t track them are pretty darn defensive … And yes, 992 3RS is a track car, that’s obvious to anyone who understands the engineering and/or tracks these cars.
It has sticker to.cut weight! Spinny things for grip. A peek a boo flapper on the back ****. 2 snorkel opening out the front hood for high water driving. Plastic everywhere for easy ability to get Autozone custom rattle can paint jobs. And last but not least, radio dials on the steering wheel. I just so stoked the GT3 boys have been enjoyed that whole double wish bone thing for the past few years. Us Viper degenerates have been appreciating that on our Gen 5 Hoopties since 2013... with a **** that makes only 200lbs less downforce(1700lbs) at 177MPH compared to the 1895 by the 3RS. Both of which also has full body under paneling.

Is it safe to say Porsche has been holding back what their design team has been capable of since the CGT/918 days?
Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
They do seem to get easily triggered, kinda like the guys who pay ADMs. Hell yeah the 992 GT3RS is a track car, it's a boy racer on steroids car built to fast around a track. I know that many of the purchased GT3RS by these non track guys will be hitting the resale market not too long after the get the car, especially once they see the ADMs going down on the car as Porsche keeps pumping them out. So yeah, the 992 GT3RS is not a good investment either. Just like the with 991.2 variant, the Touring will end up having a higher relative price over a 3RS because of the broader appeal of the Touring. And for the record, I thought that I'd trade back in my Touring to get a GT3RS but the more that I drive it the more than I like it (and I love winged cars).
​​​​​​​The touring is just so blah. Never will understand the lure of it.
Old 07-09-2023 | 10:59 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

No need to be mean, let's all get along here.
He doesn't understand that being offered 100k over is not always the same as "market value".

Last edited by ExMB; 07-09-2023 at 11:01 PM.
Old 07-09-2023 | 11:07 PM
Justaroofer
Banned

Not comfortable having that conversation with me?  I've been a customer with them for over 6 years with over a dozen transactions in that time so I doubt that would be the case. The GM and SM are total straight shooters and have always told me how it is which I really appreciate. Keep in mind that they have a handful of VIP 918 customers so it could have been one of those customer's cars. That being said, I'm sure the decision to trade back those customer cars back to the dealer was solely the customer's decision.
I like their approach to the volume game, and Tino( think that's the GM iirc) is a chill dude. With that in mind your experiences are favorable to you and they did invite me to their Rennsport reunion event in Cali and I appreciated the invite, just have been in Cali too much this year and kinda exhausted with the travel.

My point primarily is you hate the market with how it is, but your own dealer of choice is one of the biggest market manipulators outside of California. Make sense?
Old 07-09-2023 | 11:09 PM
Scrappy1972
Burning Brakes

Do track guys ever get tired of driving their street cars at lapping events? I mean, isn’t the next logical step to learn race craft and engage in competition in an actual race prepped car? It injects a whole other level of adrenaline and creates a greater sense of purpose, not to mention real time benchmarking of ones skill. I realize the intensity isn’t for everyone and it can sometimes be a humbling experience for those who are content just being the king of DE days.
Old 07-09-2023 | 11:14 PM
phefner
Rennlist Member

https://www.ebay.com/itm/17580691801...mis&media=COPY

Crazy.

Last edited by phefner; 07-10-2023 at 12:12 AM.
Old 07-09-2023 | 11:19 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

From: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)

Originally Posted by Scrappy1972
Do track guys ever get tired of driving their street cars at lapping events? I mean, isn’t the next logical step to learn race craft and engage in competition in an actual race prepped car? It injects a whole other level of adrenaline and creates a greater sense of purpose, not to mention real time benchmarking of ones skill. I realize the intensity isn’t for everyone and it can sometimes be a humbling experience for those who are content just being the king of DE days.
Many go the racing route, others are happy to just drive their fast car fast on track in a non-competition setting without needing to prove anything.
The following users liked this post:
erik_plus8 (07-10-2023)
Old 07-09-2023 | 11:22 PM
zedcat
Rennlist Member

most HPDE novices are out of the hobby/sport within a few years for a variety of reasons. It's a small percentage that progress to instructing and/or racing.
Old 07-09-2023 | 11:30 PM
rooster17
Pro

The following 6 users liked this post by rooster17:
IrwinMFletcher (07-10-2023), ParadiseGT3 (07-11-2023), RealityGT (07-10-2023), RUF RS (07-11-2023), usctrojanGT3 (07-10-2023), welikethetrack (07-10-2023) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-09-2023 | 11:38 PM
Scrappy1972
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Manifold
Many go the racing route, others are happy to just drive their fast car fast on track in a non-competition setting without needing to prove anything.
In my experience, it doesn’t take long to learn a new track or car - after which it’s just going in circles without much meaningful progression. Doesn’t it get repetitive or boring at that point? You don’t have any urge to chase or be chased at the limit… or strategize how to pass or defend? I can’t imagine doing so many laps but never getting to experience what a late braking pass feels like.
Old 07-10-2023 | 12:12 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

From: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)

In my experience, it doesn’t take long to learn a new track or car - after which it’s just going in circles without much meaningful progression. Doesn’t it get repetitive or boring at that point? You don’t have any urge to chase or be chased at the limit… or strategize how to pass or defend? I can’t imagine doing so many laps but never getting to experience what a late braking pass feels like.
I agree, it does get somewhat repetitive and boring after a while. Helps to try different cars and different tracks, and spread the track days out. I used to do about 50 days a year, now more like a dozen.

Could have started racing a long time ago (did racing school), but I view this as a recreational and social activity and didn’t want to turn it into a ‘job’ where I have to focus on winning. Have done a lot instructing/coaching, and that’s still fun because seeing students progress and have fun is fulfilling.
Scrappy1972 (07-10-2023)
Old 07-10-2023 | 03:27 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

There's a lot more to it than learning a track and being able to drive the car closer to its capabilities. Some of us go tracking as a way to blow some steam off, hang out with track buddies, talk about how we can take a corner better to cut our lap times down by a tenths of seconds, grab dinner afterwards and shoot the ****, etc. One of my track buddies used to tell me that I would end up buying a truck and trailer to bring my cars out to the track....nope, never happened as I wanted to drive to the track and back home in the same car (yes, I did arrive & drive a dozen times when I wanted to run my cars with slicks or hoosiers). I had a 987.2 Cayman built as a track car then I traded it for a 997.2 Cup Car but never really got into driving a full track car and had ZERO desire to race the either track car. Why? Because I'm a puss when it comes to passing and I just like racing against the clock not other cars.
logical (07-10-2023)
Old 07-10-2023 | 03:33 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

I like their approach to the volume game, and Tino( think that's the GM iirc) is a chill dude. With that in mind your experiences are favorable to you and they did invite me to their Rennsport reunion event in Cali and I appreciated the invite, just have been in Cali too much this year and kinda exhausted with the travel.

My point primarily is you hate the market with how it is, but your own dealer of choice is one of the biggest market manipulators outside of California. Make sense?
Yup, Tino took over for Billy (also a great guy and straight shooter). I was also invited to the Rennsport reunion later on this fall and took them up on their invitation because it'll be a nice little weekend getaway for me. They don't manipulate the new GT car market....those are the stealers that are selling their allocations to the highest bidders and/or selling them to other more greedy stealers who think they'll get more. Was North Houston the one that started asking $100k+ ADMs for a GT3RS allocation when allocations dropped? No because they don't sell their new GT cars for over MSRP.
Old 07-10-2023 | 03:49 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

​​​​​​​The touring is just so blah. Never will understand the lure of it.
That's what I thought too until I actually owned and driven one. I've even taken it to the track a few times and the car is definitely a lot more lively in fast sweeping turns without the aero of the winged version. The thing that I really like about the car is that is very stealthy and doesn't attract as much attention as a winged GT3 so it's fun to drive around town as well as craving up the canyons because it has the same power and suspension of a GT3/RS.

Quick Reply: My 23RS is for sale!