992 GT3 and GT2RS Forum 2019-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 23RS is for sale!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2023 | 09:16 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

From: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)

Originally Posted by CPS992
Nah, just a guy who wants a fun car to stuff 2 sets of golf clubs or baseball equipment behind the back seats with his 9 yr old son. At least, when my wife isn't driving it to a workout class.

I don't give one singular f*ck about what anyone else thinks about my cars. I buy for my own needs and enjoyment, like I'd imagine most other secure adults do. Which begs the question, why do you care so much about what others do?
Demand outstripping supply raises prices and makes it harder for track guys to get these track cars. Got my GT3 at MSRP, but many pay a substantial ADM; I wish everyone, especially track guys, could get the cars at MSRP.
The following users liked this post:
usctrojanGT3 (07-09-2023)
Old 07-09-2023 | 09:29 PM
CPS992
Racer

Originally Posted by Manifold
Demand outstripping supply raises prices and makes it harder for track guys to get these track cars. Got my GT3 at MSRP, but many pay a substantial ADM; I wish everyone, especially track guys, could get the cars at MSRP.
This would be hilarious if it wasn't so d*mn pathetic. Drive your Miata if you're not willing to be an adult and compete for these cars. I'd rather light my car on fire than not buy it b/c some "track guy" thinks he deserves it more than I do.
Diablo Dude (07-19-2023)
Old 07-09-2023 | 09:35 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

This would be hilarious if it wasn't so d*mn pathetic. Drive your Miata if you're not willing to be an adult and compete for these cars. I'd rather light my car on fire than not buy it b/c some "track guy" thinks he deserves it more than I do.
You asked why I care, and I gave my answer. You don't have to care why I care, but evidently you do - OTOH, no offense, but I don't care how you feel about it.

I've "competed for" and purchased many of these cars.

Last edited by Manifold; 07-09-2023 at 09:36 PM.
Old 07-09-2023 | 09:44 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Relax, he's not saying that only track guys deserve GT cars...he's saying that it would be great if everyone who wanted one (including track guys) could get one at MSRP.
Old 07-09-2023 | 09:47 PM
fxz
Race Car

From: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero

Originally Posted by Scrappy1972
As predicted, the sofa vs bucket debate has (temporarily) interrupted the ADM discussion
if you remove from Rennlist

ADM vs MSRP
Sofa vs LWB
Manual vs PDK
Manual top vs Automatic top

And last but not least my favorite->

i know the next secret Pcar that you peones don"t know

then wouldn't remain much on this forum

Last edited by fxz; 07-09-2023 at 09:57 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by fxz:
jfr0317 (07-09-2023), mcsmcs1 (07-09-2023), Scrappy1972 (07-09-2023)
Old 07-09-2023 | 09:54 PM
Justaroofer
Banned

Nah, just a guy who wants a fun car to stuff 2 sets of golf clubs or baseball equipment behind the back seats with his 9 yr old son. At least, when my wife isn't driving it to a workout class. I don't give one singular f*ck about what anyone else thinks about my cars. I buy for my own needs and enjoyment, like I'd imagine most other secure adults do. Which begs the question, why do you care so much about what others do?
I learned keeping certain cars on my car lifts is a momentary buffer from my wife not driving my cars.
It boggles my brain how some people just can't understand why someone would just want to buy something because they themselves appreciate it for whatever it is and not just for its "intended use" or what they feel it should be used for.

Is this a serious post?....

It's a freaking street car. That just so happens to be a car that can also perform on the track.
This is exactly why I refuse to go to cars and coffee events. It's the Karen's of the automotive world.
You asked why I care, and I gave my answer. You don't have to care why I care, but evidently you do - OTOH, no offense, but I don't care how you feel about it. I've "competed for" and purchased many of these cars.
You're sour about the supply issues limiting access?

Go ask Porsche North Houston why they're selling their 3RS cars at MSRP then instantly offering to buy back at market value? Those are loyal track guys too right? Loyal to the money and the dealer, while yet suppressing the "tracks guys". Did they compete? Or just spend enough time on their knees for the dealer?

Old 07-09-2023 | 10:02 PM
CPS992
Racer

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Relax, he's not saying that only track guys deserve GT cars...he's saying that it would be great if everyone who wanted one (including track guys) could get one at MSRP.
You know that's not true.
Old 07-09-2023 | 10:12 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Some guys who buy track cars and don’t track them are pretty darn defensive …

And yes, 992 3RS is a track car, that’s obvious to anyone who understands the engineering and/or tracks these cars.
Old 07-09-2023 | 10:18 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Justaroofer
Go ask Porsche North Houston why they're selling their 3RS cars at MSRP then instantly offering to buy back at market value? Those are loyal track guys too right? Loyal to the money and the dealer, while yet suppressing the "tracks guys". Did they compete? Or just spend enough time on their knees for the dealer?
The owners of the cars choose to trade the car back to the dealer but I can tell you that they have never once asked me or hinted about me trading in any one of the cars that I purchased from them.
Old 07-09-2023 | 10:25 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Is this a serious post?....

Go ask Porsche North Houston why they're selling their 3RS cars at MSRP then instantly offering to buy back at market value?
Get your head out of the clouds and come back down to earth. You're spending too much time at higher elevation with thinner oxygen content.
No dealer is going to buy back a car at "market value" for a resell. They would have to price it above "market value" to assure themselves a profit.

SmH
Old 07-09-2023 | 10:26 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Some guys who buy track cars and don’t track them are pretty darn defensive …

And yes, 992 3RS is a track car, that’s obvious to anyone who understands the engineering and/or tracks these cars.
They do seem to get easily triggered, kinda like the guys who pay ADMs.

Hell yeah the 992 GT3RS is a track car, it's a boy racer on steroids car built to fast around a track. I know that many of the purchased GT3RS by these non track guys will be hitting the resale market not too long after the get the car, especially once they see the ADMs going down on the car as Porsche keeps pumping them out. So yeah, the 992 GT3RS is not a good investment either. Just like the with 991.2 variant, the Touring will end up having a higher relative price over a 3RS because of the broader appeal of the Touring. And for the record, I thought that I'd trade back in my Touring to get a GT3RS but the more that I drive it the more than I like it (and I love winged cars).
Old 07-09-2023 | 10:26 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fxz
if you remove from Rennlist

ADM vs MSRP
Sofa vs LWB
Manual vs PDK
Manual top vs Automatic top

And last but not least my favorite->

i know the next secret Pcar that you peones don"t know

then wouldn't remain much on this forum
Don't forget about me bashing stealers...
welikethetrack (07-10-2023)
Old 07-09-2023 | 10:41 PM
Justaroofer
Banned

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
The owners of the cars choose to trade the car back to the dealer but I can tell you that they have never once asked me or hinted about me trading in any one of the cars that I purchased from them.
Ok. Well they must not be comfortable having that conversation with you then yet. Regardless, I can assure you those guys that are trading in now will have last consequences from PCNA. They have the highest sales prices recorded for both a 4RS and Sport Classic. So you can't tell me there's not $ being greased on both ends of the spectrum.

Old 07-09-2023 | 10:43 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

[deleted]
No need to be mean, let's all get along here.

Last edited by ipse dixit; 07-10-2023 at 12:48 AM. Reason: Edited to remove offending quoted post
Old 07-09-2023 | 10:44 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

[deleted]
No, No, No. Dude is saying that 100k over was LESS than market value clearly because the dealer fully intended to buy it from you and then sell it for more than 100k over thereby getting market value.

Last edited by ipse dixit; 07-10-2023 at 12:49 AM. Reason: Edited to remove offending quoted post

Quick Reply: My 23RS is for sale!