Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 23RS is for sale!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2023 | 01:41 PM
Patton250
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Archimedes
And where can we find one of these? Hiding behind a unicorn?
can you do better? Capitalism has provided the highest standard of living in the history of the planet earth. Just look at the countries even today that don’t practice it. Would you rather live there? I assure you those people don’t discuss when they’re going to get a GT3 at MSRP.
The following 2 users liked this post by Patton250:
ldamelio (07-08-2023), shrimp money (07-04-2023)
Old 07-04-2023 | 02:13 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
That's about as possible as a 992 GT3 RS selling for under MSRP with the selling dealer giving you a foot rub while you're signing the purchase agreement.
foot rubs are a CXX option and must be approved by PCNA and Porsche Germany - it will delay your build dates - if you want it from someone more attractive than your SA or GM then that requires further approvals…from home, your dealership, PCNA and Porsche Germany (and if you are a public figure perhaps your employer, the board, and legal counsel).
The following 2 users liked this post by daveo4porsche:
alin2 (07-04-2023), Porsche cowboy (07-07-2023)
Old 07-04-2023 | 02:54 PM
goin2drt
Banned

Originally Posted by Chris C.
Dealer can sell way over MSRP as a used car and no one thinks much of it. Many of the players on this forum are participants in this insider market, so it's disingenuous for a lot of folks here to complain - and most don't - as they're beneficiaries riding the wave for the last 3 refresh cycles.
And you even quoted the biggest one that loves to honor and go on and on about his "msrp" dealer but they are probably one of the absolute worst that play the game of getting all the delivery mile GT cars and ADVERTISE them for well over "market value" and MSRP yet they are allegedly a "good guy" dealer.

There are no good guy dealers or stealers for that matter. This is as many here have said capitalism at work and these dealers aren't charity organizations. They are very smart folks or they would not be in business. They are getting their pound of flesh and market value on EVERYTHING they sell and do. The can sell everything they have. If one person doesn't like the price there will be 10+ around the corner waiting to buy at their price. Play the game or don't. Spend your money how you see fit, or don't but to belly ache on here or throw high fives about this stealer or that good guy dealer is asinine. They are in business and have been because they make great transactions that generate them lots of money. again capitalism at work.

The other thing is people really need to stop comparing buying and selling GT cars to buying and selling a home because while they are both capitalism, they are comparing apples to oranges because no real estate has an MSRP. Compare buying and selling GT cars to buying and selling a Rolex or a Patek.
The following 2 users liked this post by goin2drt:
BHSAAA (07-04-2023), Manifold (07-04-2023)
Old 07-04-2023 | 03:58 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Is the world’s best car salesman not able to help solve your problems? $150,000 over to put 150 miles? This is like rennlist version of Kardashians.
The following users liked this post:
Guest89 (07-04-2023)
Old 07-04-2023 | 04:09 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by goin2drt
And you even quoted the biggest one that loves to honor and go on and on about his "msrp" dealer but they are probably one of the absolute worst that play the game of getting all the delivery mile GT cars and ADVERTISE them for well over "market value" and MSRP yet they are allegedly a "good guy" dealer.

There are no good guy dealers or stealers for that matter. This is as many here have said capitalism at work and these dealers aren't charity organizations. They are very smart folks or they would not be in business. They are getting their pound of flesh and market value on EVERYTHING they sell and do. The can sell everything they have. If one person doesn't like the price there will be 10+ around the corner waiting to buy at their price. Play the game or don't. Spend your money how you see fit, or don't but to belly ache on here or throw high fives about this stealer or that good guy dealer is asinine. They are in business and have been because they make great transactions that generate them lots of money. again capitalism at work.

The other thing is people really need to stop comparing buying and selling GT cars to buying and selling a home because while they are both capitalism, they are comparing apples to oranges because no real estate has an MSRP. Compare buying and selling GT cars to buying and selling a Rolex or a Patek.
I agree with most of what you said except for the fact that an ADM dealer will sell the GT to the highest bidder whether it be local or not while the MSRP dealer will sell GT cars to their good customers for MSRP. Both of these dealers will list their used desirable cars for high ADMs but it's a matter of how they take care of their good customers on new car purchases that separate a good guy dealer from a stealer. I've already stated this a few times and others that are good customers with my dealer will tell you the same thing, my dealer NEVER has asked me to trade the car back in to them....I do so when I'm done with the car.
Dr.Bill (07-08-2023)
Old 07-04-2023 | 04:31 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I agree with most of what you said except for the fact that an ADM dealer will sell the GT to the highest bidder whether it be local or not while the MSRP dealer will sell GT cars to their good customers for MSRP. Both of these dealers will list their used desirable cars for high ADMs but it's a matter of how they take care of their good customers on new car purchases that separate a good guy dealer from a stealer. I've already stated this a few times and others that are good customers with my dealer will tell you the same thing, my dealer NEVER has asked me to trade the car back in to them....I do so when I'm done with the car.
Please, some of the biggest ADM dealers around here still sell a few cars at sticker to some of their best customers. I know that for a fact. And the dealer you love to praise on here, plays games too. I’ve been a customer of theirs as well, and I like that dealer, but they play the same games as many others. I experienced it first hand. Again, still would buy from them.
Old 07-04-2023 | 04:40 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

From: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Please, some of the biggest ADM dealers around here still sell a few cars at sticker to some of their best customers. I know that for a fact. And the dealer you love to praise on here, plays games too. I’ve been a customer of theirs as well, and I like that dealer, but they play the same games as many others. I experienced it first hand. Again, still would buy from them.
Dealers are all trying to make as much money as they can. But I’ll credit my dealer for trying to steer me towards the cars that make the most sense for me, and they go the extra mile to make sure a car is in good shape before delivery.
Ukkid74 (07-04-2023)
Old 07-04-2023 | 05:20 PM
dogshyne
Instructor

Originally Posted by ipse dixit;[url=tel:18888089
18888089[/url]]The fishbowl that is RL is but a small percentage of real life. And a skewed one at that.

#HelloDiabloDude

are u really going to troll that dood after you banned him?
Old 07-04-2023 | 09:51 PM
supershaft
Pro

Originally Posted by dogshyne
are u really going to troll that dood after you banned him?

Wait why was he banned?
Old 07-05-2023 | 12:56 AM
User 81423
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by supershaft
Wait why was he banned?
I can think of a dozen reasons I experienced firsthand

Great to see mods getting in the game to foster an improved culture.

usctrojanGT3 (07-05-2023)
Old 07-05-2023 | 10:08 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by L2_ONBOARD
I can think of a dozen reasons I experienced firsthand

Great to see mods getting in the game to foster an improved culture.
I'm sure I'm not alone in saying this but this section has been a lot better since DD has not been around.
Old 07-05-2023 | 11:30 AM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Let me know how they treat you after you flip an MSRP car for $$$$$ profit.

Martin probably the whole world knows your MSRP spiel and I for one am tired of hearing it in ~ every 3rd post you make. Yes I'm getting Cranky in my twilight years.

Peter
Old 07-05-2023 | 11:37 AM
Patton250
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 85Gold
Let me know how they treat you after you flip an MSRP car for $$$$$ profit.

Martin probably the whole world knows your MSRP spiel and I for one am tired of hearing it in ~ every 3rd post you make. Yes I'm getting Cranky in my twilight years.

Peter
every single GT3 RS that I have personally seen for sale is either at a dealership with a major freaking high ADM or significantly above MSRP from a flipper. I’m not saying there aren’t others out there that have sold for MSRP. I’m just saying I haven’t seen it. I would love to see some examples of that though. That would make me feel better.
Old 07-05-2023 | 11:48 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

From: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)

Originally Posted by Patton250
every single GT3 RS that I have personally seen for sale is either at a dealership with a major freaking high ADM or significantly above MSRP from a flipper. I’m not saying there aren’t others out there that have sold for MSRP. I’m just saying I haven’t seen it. I would love to see some examples of that though. That would make me feel better.
Most MSRP sales are done quietly, to avoid infuriating those who pay a lot of ADM. But you generally need to be a repeat customer at an MSRP dealer to get them at MSRP.
The following 4 users liked this post by Manifold:
Dr.Bill (07-08-2023), mashoutposse (07-07-2023), Patton250 (07-05-2023), welikethetrack (07-05-2023)
Old 07-05-2023 | 11:54 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I think there are several posters here on RL who received their GT3 RS at MSRP.

And, yes, these poster were in the US (not ROW).
The following 4 users liked this post by ipse dixit:
Patton250 (07-05-2023), usctrojanGT3 (07-05-2023), User 81423 (07-08-2023), WCGhost (07-06-2023)

Quick Reply: My 23RS is for sale!